Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 17:32   #826
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not sure what that means. Can you please elaborate?
Many models of Garmin are discontinued. 285 is discontinued. That's what I meant by check whether they are still being produced or has the model been discontinued.
Here's a link showing current garmin products for cars.
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134

I don't see the 260 there. The below link shows it's discontinued in bold letters.
http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi260w/

Last edited by MX6 : 5th May 2010 at 17:37.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:32   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure what that means. Can you please elaborate?
I think he meant that you should check whether the model is still in production or has been discontinued.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:10   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I don't see the 260 there. The below link shows it's discontinued in bold letters.
http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi260w/
Aha!! That explains why it is available at a throw-away price as compared to other 'live' models. Should I still go ahead and buy it?
Old 5th May 2010, 18:32   #829
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I haven't been able to figure out how to set the speed for overspeeding warning.
After more than an year, I haven't found it yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I got the unit charged overnight and used it to office today morning . One thing I noticed is that the turns ( left/right) are announced at the right time - just when needed.
On battery, these units may not work for long (they also may go to power save mode) and best to use the car charger.

The announcement for turns varies a little with the car speed and the warnings of upcoming turn come a little earlier when the car is fast.

Last edited by trrk : 5th May 2010 at 18:35.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:42   #830
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aha!! That explains why it is available at a throw-away price as compared to other 'live' models. Should I still go ahead and buy it?
I would buy a discontinued model if I know what chipset they use. Some cheap chinese PNDs use old chipsets and they have less memory.
Garmin has stopped publishing what chipset's there in their PNDs. So I wouldn't know why 260, 285 etc are discontinued.
Without knowing the real reason for discontinuation, I wouldn't buy even if it costs less. A bit more, I have a good product in hand!
Especially when you register the product in garmin website and go for firmware updates for your series of device, you better have a device that's not discontinued.
Old 5th May 2010, 23:07   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I received the courier today - I had placed the order yesterday for the Lucca on the MMI website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Thanks sdp1975. Just ordered. I am also getting the Lucca for INR 7990/-. I think its super value for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulmuley View Post
I too just ordered the MMI RoadPilot and have been told that I will be delivered the lucca.
Looks like MMI has got a record no. of orders by giving the Lucca in place of the Road Pilot. Luccas must be flying off the shelf! I wonder if they've removed the Road Pilot out of stock on purpose?
Old 6th May 2010, 11:03   #832
Senior - BHPian

MMI Launches International Maps

Just got an sms from MMI saying that they have launched international maps for MMI navigators. Not sure about the pricing as yet. But good news when you are travelling abroad, as you won't get lost no more.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:53   #833
Senior - BHPian

Feedback on Lucca please!!!

Guys,

Now that scores of people have laid their hands on the Lucca, can we have some good feedback please? This will help potential PND-ers like me make up my mind
Old 6th May 2010, 12:48   #834
BHPian

Folks,
Can someone check and tell me whether Satnav's website http://www.satguide.in/ is up and running.
I am checking from office and the site is not coming up.
Also do they have a telephone number where I can call and book over the phone if possible?

Thanks
f1fan
Old 6th May 2010, 13:21   #835
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Looks like MMI has got a record no. of orders by giving the Lucca in place of the Road Pilot. Luccas must be flying off the shelf! I wonder if they've removed the Road Pilot out of stock on purpose?
Me Four!

However mine still hasnt been delivered unfortunately. MMI Support is hoping that it arrives today.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:39   #836
BHPian

Guys,

I havent read through the entire thread but can some one please let me know which among the two is better - Lucca vs Vx140.

The Vx140 can serve additionally as a bluetooth speaker phone.

However if the response/experience with Lucca is much better than the Vx140, I might as well go for the Lucca and buy a bluetooth speaker phone separately.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:09   #837
Senior - BHPian

SatNav SatGuide way..

Hi,

Just got the SatGuide Mio Moov 300 PND yesterday, with the newly launched Destinator 9 software and latest maps [of over 725 cities].

Paid 13K, Moov 300 has stuff like video player, mp3 player and picture viewer [that I didn't really need]. Mainly, it has a nice 4.3" display, which is great for navigation, compared to any 3.5".

Edit: SatGuide, as a company, are extremely customer focused and friendly, willing to go any lengths to please. This has been my experience. For now, I'd rate them 5 *****s.

Cheers
aK

Last edited by k_ajay : 6th May 2010 at 15:11. Reason: Adding edit info.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:15   #838
Senior - BHPian

Lucca-ites

Lucca-ites of TBHP - we are still waiting for your feedback
Old 7th May 2010, 11:37   #839
BANNED

To get the SatNav maps for Garmin 265WT do I need the serial number or can I order the Sd/microSD straight away? My Garmin will only come next month.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:58   #840
evo
BHPian

First signs of MMI botching up. They claim that my device has reached Kolkata while SpeedPost claims that its still in Delhi. So its supposedly lost in transit or something. MMI customer service keeps repeating that it has reached and they can do nothing else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks