Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 17:40   #1846
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

@ khoj,

i went thorough your recommendations and links. There are some very important points and good recommendations from you as far as the Hitachi's are concerned.

Now there is whole new angle to the situation as i need "Heating" too in the living room. So essentially now i'll have to look at..

1 x 1.5 ton Heat & Cool
1 x 1.5 ton Cool

- Another interesting point a dealer just told me over the phone was..

"Sir buy 2 x 1.5 ton and put one on either side of the room. That way if you are at one side ie, the dining area then you can use/switch on only that one and if you are on the other side ie, sitting/sofa area then you can switch only that one on.

And if you are running all you home cinema equipment or if there's a lot of people in the living room then you can switch on both units."

Seems like a good idea. What say khoj ?

Then i just spoke to General helpline 15 mins ago. This is the pricing i gathered.

General

ASG18A - Rs 43000 @ 5 Star
ASG18A - Rs 39000 @ 3 Star ( makes no sense to buy this with such minimal price diff )
ASG18R - Rs 48000 @ Heat & Cool

So ASG18A + ASG18R = Rs 91000 ( 4 way air swing )

Daikin

FTE50 - Rs 26000 @ 3 Star
FT50G - Rs 33000 @ 5 Star
FTY50 - Rs 41000 @ Heat & Cool
FTXS50 - Rs 52000 @ Inverter Heat & Cool

So FTE50 + FTY50 = Rs. 67000 ( Missing 4 way air swing in FTE50 ) So last option
FT50G + FTY50 = Rs. 74000 ( 4 way air swing )
FT50G + FTXS50 = Rs. 85000 ( 4 way air swing )

Summary

- Which ever way you look at it the Daikin looks more attractive as far as final price is concerned.
- I could get even further better rates after bargaining if i get the Dakins from my current dealer.
- Daikin option 2 onwards has 4 way air swing just like the General.
- General has an Ace up it's sleeve with the slightly lager cooling capacity.
- Which one will be quieter for Home Cinema usage ? I wonder..?

What say khoj ?

Regards,

Rana

Last edited by rana_kirti : 20th May 2011 at 17:43.
Old 20th May 2011, 17:41   #1847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Well from one of my posts above you can see that I do not care much for the star ratings however the built in stabilizer or what is essentially an additional daughter pcb in the outdoor unit having something called the 'PTCA' circuit (IIRC), yes why not. I remember reading somewhere on the forum itself brown outs in Chennai being discussed with gusto and people talking about single boost/double and triple boost stabilizers essentially sigle, double and triple coil (as we in the North call them) transformers. So if you can get it within the machine then all the better and the fact that the 'S' series machines are Samsung's poster boys does not hurt at all.
Thanks Khoj. The start rating isn't such a big deal as it is made out to be eh?

The burn outs and erratic voltage issues are in Chennai suburbs (Some guys might flame me if I call Tambaram as Chennai suburb). In my area we don't have voltage fluctuations. Current is either supplied or not supplied. That's it.

I thought I can do away with the whole external stabilizer with the in-built one in place? Is it not advised?
Old 20th May 2011, 17:46   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Thanks Khoj. The start rating isn't such a big deal as it is made out to be eh?
Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I thought I can do away with the whole external stabilizer with the in-built one in place? Is it not advised?
Yes, it is and very much so. I am all for the S series, reread the last sentence in my post, that is exactly what I am doing. Recommending it and whole heartedly at that.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:12   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Summary

- Which ever way you look at it the Daikin looks more attractive as far as final price is concerned.
- I could get even further better rates after bargaining if i get the Dakins from my current dealer.
- Daikin option 2 onwards has 4 way air swing just like the General.
- General has an Ace up it's sleeve with the slightly lager cooling capacity.
- Which one will be quieter for Home Cinema usage ? I wonder..?

What say khoj ?

Regards,

Rana
Hi Rana,

Yes the Daikin's seem to be the better choice here as they will be the more silent of the two makes amongst other things with the combo of FT50G + FTY50 appearing to be the best one. As far as the capacity is concerned just check with the dealer whether models FT60G & FTY60 are available. These are rated at 22000btu/hr and will stand up very well against the General units though the combined capacity of 34000 odd Btu/hr of the two Daikins is nothing to sneeze at.

Regards
khoj
Old 20th May 2011, 20:37   #1850
BANNED

khoj,

the FT50G + FTY50 seems the best option and i'm set to finalize it but i have a new idea in my head.

if i get FTKD50 instead of FTG50 what happens ? The FTKD50 is the Inverter version of the FT50G.

For only Rs. 4000 more i can see some benefits it has...

1. Inverter hence constant temperature.
2. Probably further electricity savings over FT50G.

However i read in this very forum on some page that an Inverter model runs full speed if it detects heat in the room. There was a gentleman saying how it would be better to put in a G series in the office and also the computer room since the computer room will continuously generate heat and the Inverter series will run at full speed all the time and will actually end up costing more to run than the G series.

- Though wont the G series also always run full time in the above scenario of the computer room ?

So considering it will be used while using home cinema equipment which will generate heat, will it end up running full speed all the time....?

The FT50G at it's peak consumes 1570 w.
The FTKD50 at it's peak consumes 2300 w. ( range 450 -2300 w )

So which one do you think makes more sense in my situation ?

Thanks,

Rana
Old 20th May 2011, 21:08   #1851
Distinguished - BHPian

Our hall AC (2.0-ton Samsung) which we had fixed and refilled a couple of months back, is cooling but not with any great strength. It might be just that the fan needs cleaning.

We called in at our mechanic's shop and asked him to come round. He said he'd try, but... pointed to seven ACs under repair. Seven Samsung ACs under repair!
Old 20th May 2011, 21:58   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
Our hall AC (2.0-ton Samsung) which we had fixed and refilled a couple of months back, is cooling but not with any great strength. It might be just that the fan needs cleaning.

We called in at our mechanic's shop and asked him to come round. He said he'd try, but... pointed to seven ACs under repair. Seven Samsung ACs under repair!
I am sorry for your OK experience with samsung a/c. I was unable to decide on samsung 3 star a/c and bluestar 2 star a/c. Finally settled with bluestar 1.5 ton split a/c. Looks like it was the right decision.
Old 20th May 2011, 22:59   #1853
BHPian

Hi Team,

Came back from office with so many doubts like faulty installation,faulty unit,faulty fan,noisy compressor,noisy DC fan, transportation fault and so on.

But thankfully its a minor noise which I am sure of is coming from the fan which sucks the inside air.Overall performance is good since it cooled my drawing room as well as the central room along with some cooling in the kitchen as well.Mom and dad were having the satisfactory expressions on their face which were absent yesterday night after the over budget purchase.And tonight DAD was also agreeing to the fact that our LG ac's might need to be replaced after 2-3 years, which I negated with the confidence that I will make them run till the time they get fully faulty, since I am mentally prepared regarding the compressor or cooling coil expenses in coming years after all its the hard earned money which needs absolute justice.

Posting the pics, sorry for the bad quality in the night mode.
Kindly share the experiences with more and more brands in the market.I have already told people to go to Team BHP for the clarification of their doubts and rather than just agreeing with whatever dealer sings.

Enjoy the Happy Summers with the peace of mind and less hole in pocket !

Regards,
Lalit
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-hitachi.jpg  

Old 21st May 2011, 00:21   #1854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I am sorry for your OK experience with samsung a/c.
And there's worse news. A few hours later, it is now dead, as in electrically dead.

Hoping that engineer comes in the morning!

In the meantime, thunder and rain. In chennai in May!
Old 21st May 2011, 13:10   #1855
BHPian

Hi Khoj,

I just want you to go to this link at least once for more clarification which is regarding the compressor types available in the market.Hope this will clear your doubt regarding my decision of rotary compressor AC.

http://www.ries-gmbh.de/ibase/module...IPROCATING.pdf

Regards,
Lalit
Old 21st May 2011, 13:23   #1856
Distinguished - BHPian

... And better news! Strangely, it has come back to life this morning!

We usually only get low voltage, but there were some unusually high voltages last night, and I wonder if this caused a problem with the stabilizer or AC. They were followed by a total cut at about 1.00am, so I went to bed. With no AC, it was no fun, but I woke with a sense of relief, sometime after 3.00, to feel the bed room cooling again.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:03   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
khoj,

the FT50G + FTY50 seems the best option and i'm set to finalize it but i have a new idea in my head.

However i read in this very forum on some page that an Inverter model runs full speed if it detects heat in the room. There was a gentleman saying how it would be better to put in a G series in the office and also the computer room since the computer room will continuously generate heat and the Inverter series will run at full speed all the time and will actually end up costing more to run than the G series.

- Though wont the G series also always run full time in the above scenario of the computer room ?

So considering it will be used while using home cinema equipment which will generate heat, will it end up running full speed all the time....?
Hey Rana,

I believe that post is influenced by the motion sensor feature advertised in the Panasonic advert and the feature from that particular machine has been generalized and perceived to be applicable to all inverters.

Know this that an inverter or even the non inverter machine will not run full speed/switch on the compressor just because some one moves or enters the room. Essentially all will sense heat or rather the change in heat levels and vary their speed / switch on or off to take the room temp down or maintain it at the set temperature as the case may be. In the case of a non inverter machine every time the machine runs it has no option but to run at full speed. The inverter even though it might have to run at full speed initially does have the option to reduce it's speed (may not be to the minium) as the load conditions change or as the set temperature gap is bridged / is achieved (even after an increase in the load). The non inverter too will achieve the temperature and then will switch off even if it is for a very small duration.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
I just want you to go to this link at least once for more clarification which is regarding the compressor types available in the market.Hope this will clear your doubt regarding my decision of rotary compressor AC.
Hi Lalit,

There is no doubt regarding your purchase. I just wanted to know why a much desired unit (more so because of the reciprocating compressor) was not picked up. Your bit about the non availability of the remote model not being the reason is understandable.

As for the Quadricool design and Hitachi's rotary units, they are a great combination. The next time however get the Quadricool TM machine as it is a few notches above the plain Quad in terms of performance and definitely worth the extra money.

Regards
Old 21st May 2011, 17:00   #1858
BHPian

Thanks Khoj ! Your message is surely noted in the RAM of my mind.

Hi Team,

Well yesterday at 5:45 PM I have already booked the complaint regarding the fan noise in the newly purchased AC unit. Still waiting for the service engineer to come, as its already 24 hours since I booked the complaint.

Regarding the Hitachi customer care representative, she politely told me that the maximum time to attend the complaint is 48 hours and she will again update in their trouble ticket about no calls being made to the customer from Hitachi engineers and the complaint be attended on priority basis.

I know its the peak summer season but today's morning showers have helped me to keep the cool and patiently waiting for the Engineer to come & rectify the issue.Still keeping the fingers crossed that nothing big comes out.

In spite of all the above mentioned concern, I am still having the stake of my faith on Hitachi.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 21st May 2011, 20:51   #1859
BHPian

I just checked the price of Daikin Gseries here in Tvm .Here are the quoted price
FTG35 -31200
V-guard stab - 2500
Installation - 1000
piping - 1200
Installation will be done by Daikin trained technicians of the dealer.
The dealer offered a 900 rs discount and the final price will be 35k inclusive of all.
Your thoughts on this please.
Also just checked the Inverter series Price quoted was 40,100 + 5500 EPD (instead of stabilizer) + installation + piping

Last edited by bullboy : 21st May 2011 at 20:52.
Old 21st May 2011, 21:02   #1860
BHPian

Brought home Whirlpool 1.5T & General 1.5T, both window units.Thanks for help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks