Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:43   #2311
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Model numbers are mentioned in one of my posts of this week. Prices you can obtain from your local dealer. Daikin should be purchased from their authorized dealers only. You can find your area's authorized dealer's contact details from Daikin Air Conditioners - Imported Air Conditioners, Home Air Conditioners, Air Conditioning Manufacturers / Companies in India.

Panasonic is good too and you may look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
now can you please help me with the model numbers and approx price for the both?which is the best place to purchase in mumbai/thane.also shoud i consider panasonic?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 00:57   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Model numbers are mentioned in one of my posts of this week. Prices you can obtain from your local dealer. Daikin should be purchased from their authorized dealers only. You can find your area's authorized dealer's contact details from Daikin Air Conditioners - Imported Air Conditioners, Home Air Conditioners, Air Conditioning Manufacturers / Companies in India.

Panasonic is good too and you may look at it.
as you suggested daiken FTKD 71FVM /RKD71BVM .are they 5 star rated.what about panasonic?can you compare panasonic and daiken.what are +/-?
Old 24th February 2012, 13:19   #2313
BHPian

I finally booked LLyod AC for Rs 17500 from Vijay Sales PCMC, it is 3 STAR rated and is 1 ton, Installation charges will be Rs 1400 + Rs 800 for Bracket + 150 Rs per inch for Concrete drilling
Old 24th February 2012, 13:52   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Whenever my friends ask for suggestion, my 1st suggestion always is go for a 1.5 ton instead of 1ton unless your room size is very small. 1.5 ton will cool your room faster resulting in faster compressor cut which inturn will lead to power saving. You can recover the cost this way buy adding another 0.5 ton.
If 'higher than required capacity AC' is used it will cut-off soon as you say, but the frequency of compressor stopping and starting frequently will result in high power wastage, since starting the compressor requires huge current than for running it.
Old 24th February 2012, 13:54   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
...+ 150 Rs per inch for Concrete drilling
This sounds ridiculous!
Clearly this is where they make their money!
If the wall is not concrete, and is masonry, you should take them up on it!
Old 24th February 2012, 15:30   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
If 'higher than required capacity AC' is used it will cut-off soon as you say, but the frequency of compressor stopping and starting frequently will result in high power wastage, since starting the compressor requires huge current than for running it.

I agree with you, But then what I do is instead of keeping a temperature at 18 c I keep it as 22 c, as 22 would be a little close to outside night temp in india there will not be many compressor cuts and restarts.
Old 24th February 2012, 18:29   #2317
BANNED

I want to buy a Window AC in one of my room but I am confused on many aspects. The room size is around 140-150 sq ft.

Wanted to check with gurus on below points.

1. Should I go for 1 ton or 1.5 Ton AC?
2. Which brand will be preferred. I have not decided my budget at present. 20-25k is comfortable zone. Max- 30k.
3. What are the installation costs for window AC?
4. Any recommended dealers in Hyderabad? I stay around Panjjagutta/SriNagarColony area. Should I buy the AC from multi brand stores like Bajaj electronics, EZone or dedicated dealers?

Last edited by ottocycle : 24th February 2012 at 18:33.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:16   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle
I want to buy a Window AC in one of my room but I am confused on many aspects. The room size is around 140-150 sq ft.

1. Should I go for 1 ton or 1.5 Ton AC?
2. Which brand will be preferred. I have not decided my budget at present. 20-25k is comfortable zone. Max- 30k.
3. What are the installation costs for window AC?
4. Any recommended dealers in Hyderabad? I stay around Panjjagutta/SriNagarColony area. Should I buy the AC from multi brand stores like Bajaj electronics, EZone or dedicated dealers?
Hi Otto,

Bajaj electronics rates are very competitive as compared to market. My friend wanted to buy a 1.5 ton ac and we picked it up from there. Brand Hitachi. Very nice AC and will serve nicely. Diakin is an excellent AC but is a little expensive. Not sure about the rates. Get the final rates and will try too get you some discount from him. But will not be more than 5 to 10% depending on brand.

Sorry Just wanted to add, Diakin has split units and they are better than the best and if its window ac then checkout Hitachi, OGeneral.

Last edited by Gadgetfreak : 24th February 2012 at 19:43.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:39   #2319
BHPian

Daikin Inverter

The final rate quoted after bargaining for Daikin Inverter FTKD60VFM was Rs.50,200.
Anyone, is the rate okay?

But stocks will arrive only in the first week of March.
Old 24th February 2012, 23:04   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
This sounds ridiculous!
Clearly this is where they make their money!
If the wall is not concrete, and is masonry, you should take them up on it!
Yes indeed, if it is masonry wall then there is no charge, but in my case the only option si to drill thru concrete and hence the premium has to be paid
Old 25th February 2012, 11:52   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I'm looking to buy 2 ACs with a combined capacity of 3.5-3.7 tons, i'm needed to know the difference between Inverter ac and an ac with scroll compressor, which would be better in terms of power consumption.

I had shortlisted :
panasonic CS-S18NKY (2 Ton Inverter Ac) + Panasonic CS-S24NKY (1.5 Ton Inverter Ac)

Hitachi Star 2.2Ton Ac with scroll compressor + Hitachi LRAU518KRDB (1.5 Tons)

I had also thought of Daikin-FTKD 60 A which is a 1.8 ton ac with Hermetric sealed swing type compressor.

Can the gurus pls guide which would be the best purchase? as the three types of acs ( Inverter, Scroll & Hermetric sealed swing type) have me confused.

Or on second thoughts is it better to go for a 4 star normal ac of any good brand (Daikin, Panasonic,Hitachi) and save 20K in the process? as i think saving 20 k in electricity costs would take up approx 3-4 years?
Can the pls experts share their knowledge, and help me decide.
Old 25th February 2012, 16:27   #2322
Senior - BHPian

This is an inverter technology model. Being an energy efficient product by design, the models in this range do not fall under the purview of the star rating system as yet.

You can always compare Panasonic or any other brand with Daikin or the other way round. Both are great brands and make good products. One has to look at subjective choices such as looks, perceived image and a few objectives such as costs involved and service availability to help decide as to which one to buy. At the end of the day both are just heat transfer devices but while one gets the job done with breath to spare the other(s) get their eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
as you suggested daiken FTKD 71FVM /RKD71BVM .are they 5 star rated.what about panasonic?can you compare panasonic and daiken.what are +/-?

See replies in bold below

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post

1. Should I go for 1 ton or 1.5 Ton AC? 1.5ton even a 1.2 will suffice but a 1 ton, no not for a room that size in HYD.
2. Which brand will be preferred. I have not decided my budget at present. 20-25k is comfortable zone. Max- 30k. WHIRLPOOL
3. What are the installation costs for window AC? 250 to 1000 + depending on work involved
4. Any recommended dealers in Hyderabad? I stay around Panjjagutta/SriNagarColony area. Should I buy the AC from multi brand stores like Bajaj electronics, EZone or dedicated dealers? Try searching in Whirlpool's web site

This is a 1.75 ton, inverter with R22 gas. Per my information the price should be in the mid 40Ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
The final rate quoted after bargaining for Daikin Inverter FTKD60VFM was Rs.50,200.
Anyone, is the rate okay?

But stocks will arrive only in the first week of March.

Quote:
Can the pls experts share their knowledge, and help me decide.
We have discussed inverter acs in great detail in previous posts, all members must search through the thread before posting the same queries again and again. Remember this is not a CONCIERGE service.

I am explaining inverters again only because my nephew loves MATER.

Inverter is a technology that controls the way an airconditioner operates irrespective of the fact whether it is equipped with a reciprocating, rotary, swing or scroll compressors all of which are hermetically sealed.

Inverter aircons are capable of running the compressors at full speed to reach the desired temperatures and then slowing them down to a lower speed once the set temperature is achieved. Subsequently the speed is varied with the increase and decrease in demand untill the air con is switched off. This takes away the ON OFF ON OFF cycle of the compressor which is the highest energy guzzling operation in the running of the aircon, thereby reducing power consumption and lowering the impact on the compressor and associated components.

It is better to buy two airconditioners of the same rating rather than an imbalanced combination. Both Scroll and the Swing type are robust designs. If the price difference is not much I would go with Daikin as I think their IDUs look better. On the other hand the Hitachi scroll model is slightly better rated so more bang for the buck. At the moment I would not consider a Panasonic for duty ratings higher than 1.5 tons, simply because I have not seen any of their installations beyond the usual 1.5 tons.

Quote:
I'm looking to buy 2 ACs with a combined capacity of 3.5-3.7 tons, i'm needed to know the difference between Inverter ac and an ac with scroll compressor, which would be better in terms of power consumption.

I had shortlisted :
panasonic CS-S18NKY (2 Ton Inverter Ac) + Panasonic CS-S24NKY (1.5 Ton Inverter Ac)

Hitachi Star 2.2Ton Ac with scroll compressor + Hitachi LRAU518KRDB (1.5 Tons)

I had also thought of Daikin-FTKD 60 A which is a 1.8 ton ac with Hermetric sealed swing type compressor.

Can the gurus pls guide which would be the best purchase? as the three types of acs ( Inverter, Scroll & Hermetric sealed swing type) have me confused.

Or on second thoughts is it better to go for a 4 star normal ac of any good brand (Daikin, Panasonic,Hitachi) and save 20K in the process? as i think saving 20 k in electricity costs would take up approx 3-4 years?

Last edited by khoj : 25th February 2012 at 16:30.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 23:27   #2323
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
2. Which brand will be preferred. I have not decided my budget at present. 20-25k is comfortable zone. Max- 30k. WHIRLPOOL
Really whirlpool? It never came to my mind till now. I had been thinking about carrier, LG, o-general etc.
Old 26th February 2012, 00:14   #2324
Senior - BHPian

If you had run through the posts pertaining to even the last season you would not be surprised at this brand being recommended but then someone having gone through the thread would not think of getting an LG / Carrier either.

For a budget of 20-25 Whirlpool it is, of course you can spend some more and get the General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Really whirlpool? It never came to my mind till now. I had been thinking about carrier, LG, o-general etc.

Last edited by khoj : 26th February 2012 at 00:31.
Old 26th February 2012, 11:19   #2325
BANNED

Summer QC : Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.
Quadricool TM : Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.
Hitachi 1.1 Ton 5 Star window AC has been priced at 26.5k. Would 1.1 Ton be sufficient for 150sqft room?

Any comparison between o-general and hitachi over A.S.S and product quality?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks