Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:55   #2296
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi vcash,

Been a long time. Sad to hear about the OHC but then rather than having her sit idle, it's better that she brings a smile to a fellow driver.

As for the acs, the prices are par for the course for a large metro but considering this is in JSR these are good prices.

Regarding the inverter machines, from your post it seems that there is some misgiving about the concept. Will talk about the same when we speak. I have sent you a pm with my new number, call me at your convenience.

Ciao
khoj

Thanks a ton. Tried negotiating but this was the best we could manage. I see that metro prices on the street are about 1 to 1.5k cheaper than what i have listed.

Last edited by vcash : 22nd February 2012 at 10:57.
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:35   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Good looking! Looks are subjective, for me the best looking machines are from Daikin and Mitsubishi electric followed by the General & Panasonic.

The star ratings do make a difference. The longer the duration of usage the more the impact.
now which brand?i want durable and silent...and 5 star rated.
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:57   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Daikin with the R22 gas for tight budget and
Daikin with the R410 gas and inverter technology is budget is not a constraint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
now which brand?i want durable and silent...and 5 star rated.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 04:39   #2299
Senior - BHPian

can i run three indoor units with a large single outdoor unit?

the reason to go down the road would be not to have astronomical prices buying 3 separate units.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:52   #2300
Senior - BHPian

With the oncoming summer i wanted to install a AC this time. Luckily fast few summers i was never in india so i dint face a problem.

I am not too much interested in those ionic filters etc, as i think it will make no much difference than outside atmosphere that we live in even if we sleep in AC for few hours.

My bedroom size is 11 X 14 which is north and west facing. There is a 5X5 feet window on north side of the bedroom and 8X8 feet approx door which opens to west side to the terrace.

My Flat is on the 2nd floor surrounded by few trees.

I tried some combinations for tonnage calculations and found out that i lie on the thin line between 1 ton and 1.5 ton

I checked out few ACs which have higher EER around 9.5 in price range of 18-23k

But i am confused after reading reviews all over. Some sites say Voltas Vertis are good , some users however say that the Voltas- Tata service is pathetic.

Same for LG. For Daikin the product is good, but some say their service in Pune is not good.

Can someone please recommend me some good AC which shall have good after sales service and good efficiency. 3 star will also do.

Also nowdays i am hearing the LG AC ad that 2012 AC are better than 2011 manufactured AC etc etc.
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:03   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
With the oncoming summer i wanted to install a AC this time.
=======================
Also nowdays i am hearing the LG AC ad that 2012 AC are better than 2011 manufactured AC etc etc.

Hi Amit,

Whenever my friends ask for suggestion, my 1st suggestion always is go for a 1.5 ton instead of 1ton unless your room size is very small. 1.5 ton will cool your room faster resulting in faster compressor cut which inturn will lead to power saving. You can recover the cost this way buy adding another 0.5 ton.

Now for the brand, though personally i am using LG for both bedrooms, I will without any hesitation will recommend you a Hitachi. It's a little expensive but is one of the best A/C's around. You can actually visit some showrooms and compare before finalizing anything. Also due to summer you may get good deals.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:10   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Hi Amit,

Whenever my friends ask for suggestion, my 1st suggestion always is go for a 1.5 ton instead of 1ton unless your room size is very small. 1.5 ton will cool your room faster resulting in faster compressor cut which inturn will lead to power saving. You can recover the cost this way buy adding another 0.5 ton.

Now for the brand, though personally i am using LG for both bedrooms, I will without any hesitation will recommend you a Hitachi. It's a little expensive but is one of the best A/C's around. You can actually visit some showrooms and compare before finalizing anything. Also due to summer you may get good deals.
You have got a very good point. Same is the case with cars. A higher capacity engine on light car will give good mileage than a lower capacity engine.

I wont keep the AC on the whole night. I will use it only for few hours say 2-3 hours. Will it still affect the 1 ton vs 1.5 ton calculation?

I heard that Hitachi also doesn't have good service even though the units are good.

I thought there will be good deals in offseason winters, but there weren't any.
Are there any good ongoing deals around?

Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:52   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg

You have got a very good point. Same is the case with cars. A higher capacity engine on light car will give good mileage than a lower capacity engine.

I wont keep the AC on the whole night. I will use it only for few hours say 2-3 hours. Will it still affect the 1 ton vs 1.5 ton calculation?

I heard that Hitachi also doesn't have good service even though the units are good.

I thought there will be good deals in offseason winters, but there weren't any.
Are there any good ongoing deals around?

Thanks.
Yes even if you are running the unit for 2-3 hours 1.5 ton a/c will have greater effect because of the same reason as started above, higher compressor faster the cooling and lesser power consumption.

Hitachi has good service in hyderabad, kindly check for the a.s.s of Hitachi in your region, but from what I have seen you will seldom need them.
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:17   #2304
BHPian

I'm looking to buy 2 ACs with a combined capacity of 3.5-3.7 tons, i'm needed to know the difference between Inverter ac and an ac with scroll compressor, which would be better in terms of power consumption.

I had shortlisted :
panasonic CS-S18NKY (2 Ton Inverter Ac) + Panasonic CS-S24NKY (1.5 Ton Inverter Ac)

Hitachi Star 2.2Ton Ac with scroll compressor + Hitachi LRAU518KRDB (1.5 Tons)

I had also thought of Daikin-FTKD 60 A which is a 1.8 ton ac with Hermetric sealed swing type compressor.

Can the gurus pls guide which would be the best purchase? as the three types of acs ( Inverter, Scroll & Hermetric sealed swing type) have me confused.

Or on second thoughts is it better to go for a 4 star normal ac of any good brand (Daikin, Panasonic,Hitachi) and save 20K in the process? as i think saving 20 k in electricity costs would take up approx 3-4 years?

Last edited by sunnyside : 23rd February 2012 at 14:39.
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:43   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Guys How are the LLOYD ACs. Quite cost effective they seem.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:06   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Amit, i have been using LLyod for past 6 years (but very minimal usage as i live in Pune and it is during Feb-May that we use it)
It is 1.5 tonner and as mentioned by Gadgetfreak, it cools my 11 by 12 bedroom well evenwith room orientation being East-West and having windows facing east
I am not sure about the service in your city, but i have had no issues with product and it has been quite silent and the remote battery has laster 4 years (Duracell), what i cant comment is on cost as this mills have also become quite costly in past 2-3 years ranging between 23-25 i believe
I myself will be buying one more shortly (Room is 11 by 12 again and windows are facing North but lost of open exposure thru bigger french windows)
My first preference would be LLyod as they have a good service network in Pune
Hope this helps
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:06   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Fedders LLoyd make decent Ac's but they are not very popular, but one thing good about them is they are among very few companies who make their own compressor's. Compressor's made by them are used by many companies But the issue is service centers and quality of products when compared to giant's like Panasonic,Onida,LG,Hitachi etc...but will not recommend LLoyd. You can also look at Voltas (Tata Product) using Mitsubishi compressor.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:09   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hello Amit, i have been using LLyod for past 6 years (but very minimal usage as i live in Pune and it is during Feb-May that we use it)
It is 1.5 tonner and as mentioned by Gadgetfreak, it cools my 11 by 12 bedroom well evenwith room orientation being East-West and having windows facing east
I am not sure about the service in your city, but i have had no issues with product and it has been quite silent and the remote battery has laster 4 years (Duracell), what i cant comment is on cost as this mills have also become quite costly in past 2-3 years ranging between 23-25 i believe
I myself will be buying one more shortly (Room is 11 by 12 again and windows are facing North but lost of open exposure thru bigger french windows)
My first preference would be LLyod as they have a good service network in Pune
Hope this helps
What a perfect timing of your review.

Where did you buy the LLyod Ac from and which model?

I also happen to be from Pune itself and Vijay sales is having some offer for 5 star rated Lloyd AC in 18000rs.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:25   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
What a perfect timing of your review.

Where did you buy the LLyod Ac from and which model?

I also happen to be from Pune itself and Vijay sales is having some offer for 5 star rated Lloyd AC in 18000rs.
Hey good to know you are from pune,back then I had bought it from Dass - PCMC (which is no longer operational)
And yes, this time i am planning to buy it from Vijay sales as they are one of the retailers who market LLyod products, the offers in Vijay sales are always good and the product is decent as well, the one for 18K, is it 1 ton or 1.5 ?, plus having a credit card from HDFC/ICICI means we can get EMI options as well, But i believe the support bracket will cost close to 1000 bucks plus installation charges of 1.5 K, so we will eventually shell out close to 21 K, if it is 1.5 ton then it is a steal i would say

Last edited by shridhar.s.i : 23rd February 2012 at 19:27. Reason: Corrections
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:11   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Daikin with the R22 gas for tight budget and
Daikin with the R410 gas and inverter technology is budget is not a constraint.
now can you please help me with the model numbers and approx price for the both?which is the best place to purchase in mumbai/thane.also shoud i consider panasonic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks