Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:19   #3001
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

@ariesonu; Please look back through this thread. Hitachi are great only as long as you do not need service, which by all accounts is atrocious. I have their 5* window but counted them out when it came to a split.
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:47   #3002
BHPian

Thanks for the replies folks!

Daikin because I have seen it at my brothers place, and its super silent which impressed me. cooling no worries again but then its a smaller room. But its has a big window facing the west and it does get very hot.

My confusion is brand wise. How good does Panasonic hold against Daikin? if it was daikin 3star vs panasonic 3star i would have gone for Daikin. The confusion is between 3 star daikin vs Panasonic 5star.

cheers!
sai
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:31   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
That's really prompt! TM (2-star) is providing same cooling with 150 W higher consumption as compared to QC (3-star). Does it not make QC more efficient?
AFAIK, the RAT322ESD 2TR Summer TM model is also 3 star rated unit with a cooling capacity of 21020 BTU (same as RAV322ESD). But my dealer friend tells me that the components inside the TM are slightly more durable than the QC units, hence the extra cost. Although the QC may be slightly more efficient but longevity in North Indian Summers will be better with the TM.
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:45   #3004
Senior - BHPian

As per Hitachi Service Engineer whom I contacted prior of my purchase told that TM and QC have similar components. But TM has got additional small motor for outside fan to dissipate more air or evenly irrespective to the fan speed we control through remote or control panel. Along with that motor, its additional mountings and other ancillary components cost TM more from QC and over that Hitachi charged a premium too for the technology. At time of purchase price difference was 1900/- between QC and TM(with best possible discount).
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:17   #3005
Senior - BHPian

That is premium indeed LOL @1900 over the other model and the additional motor etc cost nothing.

Jokes apart, what the engineer said basically means that irrespective of the internal fan speed the outer fan thanks to the independent motor runs at a speed that is optimum for effective heat exchange thus enabling the machine to perform better.

The other thing is achieved is the elimination of the in line dual shaft motor. This allows for complete sealing of the front compartment from the rear that has the compressor. By virtue of isolating the noisiest component in the machine i.e. the compressor the unit produces very low noise levels on the inside.

Those 1900 bucks are worth paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
and over that Hitachi charged a premium too for the technology. At time of purchase price difference was 1900/- between QC and TM(with best possible discount).
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:35   #3006
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Thanks for a ton of information presented on these pages. I bought a Hitachi 3 Star Kaze model a few days ago for Rs. 34,000.

The technicians who came to fix this were not from Hitachi, and on repeated calls, the service manager sent someone from Hitachi to oversee the installation. There is a huge difference in the quality of work and I would recommend that you insist that the technicians who come and install your AC are certified by the company.

The AC is pretty silent, and is good so far. I might be using it for 2-3 years, so did not worry too much about Aluminium or Copper.
Old 22nd April 2013, 22:35   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Those 1900 bucks are worth paying.
I didn't say it's not worth paying. For me the most energy efficient with good cooling one was priority. Even if you look into the performance difference it is not that big.

I had attached the power rating few posts back. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3101265

BTU/Hr difference is 275

Rated Cooling Capacity (Watts) difference 80

Here ends TM's advantage. Now what QC offers

Higher EER rating 11.27 over 10.92

Higher COP (Rated Cooling Capacity/Power Input) is 3.30 over 3.20

Current drawn in Amps 6.8 over 7.2

Power input (Watts) 1550 over 1625

By default QC is very silent too.

Rs 1900/- difference was never a deterrent of buying TM but our house at top floor (4th floor) and close to 11 hours of operation my preference was QC.

I am thoroughly happy with QC performance and in Delhi Hitachi offers good support too.

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 22nd April 2013 at 22:40.
Old 23rd April 2013, 13:10   #3008
BHPian

W.r.t. my previous posts, it's been a close contest between the finalists Hitachi 3-star Summer QC (Model RAV322HSD) and 2-star Summer TM (RAT222HSD). The later, having lower star rating, is costlier by Rs. 1100/- in MRP. Having ruled out O'General & Hitachi KAZE, no other options left whatsoever for 2 Ton Window. Here are the comparative specs of the two Hitachi models
The home / office air-conditioner thread-compare-qctm.jpg
Source: http://www.hitachi-hli.com/product/W...-Conditioners/

Spoke to multiple dealers regarding the two models. One dealer said he doesn't stock 2.0 T TM model as the same is not popular, but 1.5 T TM models are successful and are available with him (He did not give clear reason for this). Another dealer also doesn't stock 2.0 T TM though he can deliver the same on order. He said TM is more suitable for smaller capacities (no clear explanation again!). Another dealer, willing to offer either model, explained that the QC model performance gets sub-optimal if the fan speed is lowered. (This made sense to me, as also explained by members in preceding posts). He advised that if the fan speed is kept at max most of the time, there is no point in paying extra for TM. In my case, it's a largish space requiring cooling and hence the fan speed will have to be at max all the time to ensure uniform cooling. Also, for 1.5 T, where space is typically not large and fan speed can often be below max, TM technology does seem to make more sense. The different versions of several dealers about TM/QC comparo seem to be falling in place.

I've finally settled for the Summer QC model. Thank you guys for pitching in with timely advice, guidance and experience-sharing!

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 23rd April 2013 at 13:23.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:24   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Here are the comparative specs of the two
Source: http://www.hitachi-hli.com/product/Window-Air-Conditioners
It is obvious from your comparison of 2013 Summer QC/TM models that there is no difference between BTU/Hr for 1.5 T and 2.0 T respectively. Even though they had bumped up the current drawn (amps) from 2012 models.

By the way I never use the fan speed in maximum. Auto mode will do the needful.

Cheers!
Old 29th April 2013, 20:54   #3010
Team-BHP Support

Guys, any feedbacks on how is the service of Sharp/Daikin in Bangalore? Have been hearing positive feedbacks about LG service. Based on that an inverter based solution from LG makes sense. Unless/until Daikin has a better/decent/trustworthy network.

Any views / feedbacks/ comments?
Old 29th April 2013, 21:06   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys, any feedbacks on how is the service of Sharp/Daikin in Bangalore? Have been hearing positive feedbacks about LG service. Based on that an inverter based solution from LG makes sense. Unless/until Daikin has a better/decent/trustworthy network.

Any views / feedbacks/ comments?
Ampere
Hi.
5 or 6 years back, in the month of April, I bought LG window AC. Still running very well with very good cooling. In spite of the fact that havnt got it serviced in the last 2 years it still does the job efficiently.
Regards
Old 30th April 2013, 13:47   #3012
BANNED

Having problems with my Daikin 17-2.2TR split, R410a Inverter, installed in the 3nd week of December. After working very well for over a month and a half it is tripping every few hours. It goes off with the light blinking. as per the booklet it is a choked filter. Cleaned it even though it looked quite clean. Again it stops about 3-4 times in the night. When it stops the unit has to be switched off with the remote, then powered down and back up. Again gives a couple of hours or so. Complained yesterday and expecting a service call today.
Old 30th April 2013, 14:32   #3013
Senior - BHPian

^^ Could be something as simple as a weak running capacitor unless they have eliminated those from the inverter design. The other issue could be with the one of the control module PCBs.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:13   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Having problems with my Daikin 17-2.2TR split, R410a Inverter, installed in the 3nd week of December. After working very well for over a month and a half it is tripping every few hours. It goes off with the light blinking. as per the booklet it is a choked filter. Cleaned it even though it looked quite clean. Again it stops about 3-4 times in the night. When it stops the unit has to be switched off with the remote, then powered down and back up. Again gives a couple of hours or so. Complained yesterday and expecting a service call today.
Having the same irritating problem regularly myself. Daikin will blame the 'unclean' power supply.

I get the 'U4' error code. Will give more details later since now on mobile.

Last edited by manim : 30th April 2013 at 18:25.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:23   #3015
BHPian

I need the remote control for Hitachi Quadricool 1.5T ac. Any idea as to where I could get it from at a reasonable cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks