Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 13:28   #976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
I finally bought a Hitachi Ace Follow me 1.2 Ton ac this weekend. It is 5 star rated and cost me Rs 33000 including installation and 4KVA stabilizer but had to pay Rs 1000/- for the mounting bracket.

I also considered the following:

1 Ton Godrej 5 Star 24900/- incl of install and stabilizer
1 ton Voltas Vertis Gold 25500/- incl of install and stabilizer

For the guys in Bangalore it looks like Unilet is giving the best prices for these ACs and also has stocks, the other places like Girias, Ezone etc did not have stocks or could not match the price. I want to give a thumbs up to Unilet.
Was there a significant difference in power consumption /features between Godrej & Votas brands ? if yes can you please elaborate, secondly is it just the name which made you decide on Hitachi or somethisn else?

Are there any Unilet out lets near Indiranagar ? I am planning to visit one this weekend.
Old 19th April 2010, 16:04   #977
Senior - BHPian

any idea about Onida A/c's have seen them installed at quite some places and works well to.The Splits.
Old 19th April 2010, 19:15   #978
Senior - BHPian

There are much better choices available in the market compared to Onida at similar or lesser price points.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:36   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There are much better choices available in the market compared to Onida at similar or lesser price points.
Are there any performance/After Sales issues with Onida. A couple of friends in my building have got them recently installed and they are quite happy with the brand. Both of them brought 1.5T 3 star split S18SDD3 at the same time from NEXT, Thane for 20K with 1200 as installation & 750 for outdoor unit bracket. The Installtion was done in 2 hrs flat and within 2 days of purchase. Was thinking of getting one. Your views on the same please.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:54   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Are there any performance/After Sales issues with Onida. A couple of friends in my building have got them recently installed and they are quite happy with the brand. Both of them brought 1.5T 3 star split S18SDD3 at the same time from NEXT, Thane for 20K with 1200 as installation & 750 for outdoor unit bracket. The Installtion was done in 2 hrs flat and within 2 days of purchase. Was thinking of getting one. Your views on the same please.
I have onida Ac installed at my place for last 1 & 1/2 year. I have no issues as yet. However my usage is very rare as I have problem of clog my lungs on prolonged use. I generally use it in summers for an hour or two in night. Till now it has faired good, also I feel it trips quiet frequently which is a good thing from power saving perspective.

Not sure of A.S.S as never had a chance to call onida guys (touch wood) :-). I think not a bad deal , its cheaper than all other brands in market. Do go with BEE raiting AC. It good for ur pocket on longterm and yes on enironment too :-)
Old 20th April 2010, 16:14   #981
Senior - BHPian

My views are pretty much there in my previous post. I expect an air con to last for at least 10 years or more before it starts to grumble and I just do not like the build quality of their machines. 2 hours to install within 2 days of purchase are pretty much average figures. I would look at someone who has been using a given air con for the last 4 years at least to get a clear idea of the quality of the product and the after sales service etc.
Old 20th April 2010, 21:14   #982
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I was going thro the post, wanted to see the comparison made by you.
But looks like its the next verion of Excel it was opening in my system
Can you take a PDF print and post it or something like that
Old 20th April 2010, 21:49   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Do go with BEE raiting AC. It good for ur pocket on longterm and yes on enironment too :-)
Star rated ACs bad for environment, I'm sorry ?
Old 20th April 2010, 22:16   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Star rated ACs bad for environment, I'm sorry ?
Anku, what exactly did you not understand in that post?
Old 21st April 2010, 01:24   #985
Senior - BHPian

@anku94 he is saying the rating it is good (on) for the environment. A higher star rating air con will consume less power hence it has a smaller carbon footprint compared to an air con with lower star rating.
Old 21st April 2010, 08:47   #986
Senior - BHPian

Here you go on Excel 97-2003 format
Attached Files
File Type: xls split.xls (84.0 KB, 1192 views)
File Type: xls window.xls (117.5 KB, 442 views)
Old 21st April 2010, 10:52   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Was there a significant difference in power consumption /features between Godrej & Votas brands ? if yes can you please elaborate, secondly is it just the name which made you decide on Hitachi or somethisn else?

Are there any Unilet out lets near Indiranagar ? I am planning to visit one this weekend.
The Voltas was better rated 3.59 I think and Godrej was about 3.20.
I currently stay in a rented apartment and my bedroom is about 10X14, in Bangalore a one ton would suffice. I bought a Hitachi as I expect to have a bigger bedroom if I buy an apartment and a 1.2 is better than a 1.0. Even physically the Hitachi has a larger outdoor unit (the installers confirmed this to me).
Unilet is 100ft road Indiranagar next to coffee day and Village restaurants.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:14   #988
BHPian

Oops, apologies, I read 'Do go with BEE raiting AC' as 'Do not go with BEE raiting AC'...can be a bit stupid at times...
Old 21st April 2010, 15:30   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
Even physically the Hitachi has a larger outdoor unit (the installers confirmed this to me).
Larger area for heat exchange means better heat transfer rate thereby the unit runs efficiently and is able to work at high ambient temperatures even when others start to trip.

Last week in Delhi when the ambient was merely around 42 degree Celsius one could see several office boys and peons spray water on the sleek out door heat exchangers as the compressors tripped due to the constant hot running. It is at these moments that the better build quality and superior design of some products prove their worth and justify the premiums paid.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:35   #990
BHPian

Right said, Hitachi are efficient AC's. One spare part shop here in my city has only one 1.5 T Hitachi window AC and I found the shop cool enough even when there are two large glass doors infront of shop (whole front of shop is of glass) allowing sunlight inside and door also open frequently. All the time there are about 8 - 10 people present in shop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks