Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 16:20   #2326
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

If temp in HYD goes beyond 35 deg C in the day time and stays there for a couple of hours and does not fall below 28-29 deg C at night a 1.1 will not suffice.

General air con for the same rating will chew up a Hitachi and spit it out without batting an eyelid. A.S.S. is par for the course with either one.

A QC TM is any day better than the plain QC. However a full 1.5 ton machine from any of the brands that fall in the budget should be preferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hitachi 1.1 Ton 5 Star window AC has been priced at 26.5k. Would 1.1 Ton be sufficient for 150sqft room?

Any comparison between o-general and hitachi over A.S.S and product quality?
Old 26th February 2012, 20:19   #2327
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If temp in HYD goes beyond 35 deg C in the day time and stays there for a couple of hours and does not fall below 28-29 deg C at night a 1.1 will not suffice.

General air con for the same rating will chew up a Hitachi and spit it out without batting an eyelid. A.S.S. is par for the course with either one.

A QC TM is any day better than the plain QC. However a full 1.5 ton machine from any of the brands that fall in the budget should be preferred.
Thanks khoj for your inputs.

From wikipedia, below is avg high and avg low temp in Hyderabad
Mar: 35.2 - 20.3
Apr: 37.6 - 24.1
May: 38.8 - 26.0
Jun: 34.4 - 23.9

Pretty much border line. I will check the o-general AC prices in showrooms.
Old 27th February 2012, 00:18   #2328
BHPian

panasonic 3 star rated is for 27k.and installation is 500INR.i find it total VFM! if i want 5 star rated even panasonic is close to 38-40 and daiken is also around 40.is it worth spending 12-13k more???
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:08   #2329
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking to buy a split airconditioner for my bedroom and i need a little help with the AC selection process here.

The units i have shortlisted are:
Samsung 1 ton 2 star - Price 20800/- (Service is supposedly good here)
Hitachi Kaze 1 ton 3 star - Price 27000/- Stabiliser free.
Hitachi Logicool 1 ton 3 star - Price 24500/- as per website, didn't cal the dealer yet reg this..
Sharp 1 ton 4 star with copper condenser. Store guy says no other AC in this range has copper condenser - Price 21000/- (Service is unknown, but store says its good there's one service point here)

I'm leaning towards Sharp because of its Price - fits in my budget well, 4 star rating and copper condenser i guess is better than aluminium. But I don't see many people going in for Sharp air conditioners, why is that, is the product not good?
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:39   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Samsung service is good but quality is just about average (no offence to samsung unit owners).

I use a Hitachi and am very happy with the product as well as service.

I have heard good things about sharp but not firsthand experience. But I've never heard a word about Sharp service. Do these people exist in the first place?

At your price range I got a Videocon 5 star which is virtually silent and cools quickly. I am happy with the product and service is not bad either. Others do have complaints of inconsistent quality though.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:09   #2331
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a Panasonic Cube Split Air Conditioner - CS-ZC20NKYfor Rs.20,000. It's an 1.5 ton and 2 star rating AC. I have not bought the stabilizer yet as I think it is not required as power supply at my place is smooth - there is no major ups and downs in the voltage and I see no use of spending 2-3K on stabilizer.

What say guys especially khoj sir?

I am planning to get it installed this Sunday from authorized Panasonic people. Let me inquire what they charge for this or is it free?
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:53   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I just bought a Panasonic Cube Split Air Conditioner - CS-ZC20NKYfor Rs.20,000. It's an 1.5 ton and 2 star rating AC. I have not bought the stabilizer yet as I think it is not required as power supply at my place is smooth - there is no major ups and downs in the voltage and I see no use of spending 2-3K on stabilizer.

I am planning to get it installed this Sunday from authorized Panasonic people. Let me inquire what they charge for this or is it free?
See all the A/c's these days are capable of handling little fluctuations as the circuit's are build accordingly (As told to me by a technician), but it is always better to have an extra protection, more from warranty point of view also. If anything goes wrong then first thing that the vendor will ask you is if the ac was running on a stabilizer. This is one question you cannot avoid. I would suggest you should go for a stabilizer for a extra safety point of view.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:06   #2333
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a 1.5 ton split ac, for how much wil i be able to get daikin, hitachi, panasonic or ogeneral 3 star ac's?
Anyone any idea on price and which one is to pick at budget of around 25k.

Sameer
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:07   #2334
BANNED

I have seen more failures attributable to the stabilizers than to the voltage. If the voltage in your area stays between, say, 195 and 150 do not get a stabilizer. I have been fortunate and have not sued one for over 30 years.

Just a quick suggestion, check the output from a 5+ years old stabilizer, esp. with regards to the change over points. You will be get a real shock!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 09:29   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Found this in Sharp India's website, found it useful so thought of sharing this here.

Inverter AC tonnage calculator
INVERTER - AC Tonnage Calculator - All India.xls

AC tonnage calculator
AC Tonnage Calculator - All India.xls

Citywise electricity expense estimate
Citywise Max Electricity Expense Estimate.xls

Power saver calculator
Electricity expenseComparison (Multisplit vs Normal).xls

Sharp
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:11   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Brought home Sharp AH-A12LET airconditioner in my AStar. The whole thing was a squeeze in my car!
http://www.sharpproducts.in/overview.aspx?id=24&cid=13
Both indoor and outdoor units are made in Thailand.

Now awaiting installation crew, they'll be here tomorrow or on monday.

Last edited by Sankar : 3rd March 2012 at 14:16.
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:13   #2337

Quote:

I have a cube 1.25 ton in my living room, cost under 16K without stabilizer. I had earlier installed a Servo stabilizer 5kva that serves my bedroom window AC. I have done the wiring so that the servo stabilized output serves the cube ac in the living room as well as the bedroom.
I do not operate them both at the same time (doing which trips since it is a 5kva stabilizer)
I would recommend going for a servo stabilizer than the usual single or double stabilizers, especially in places like Chennai where I live, where we had major voltage issues last year.
The servo was suggested here on team bhp and I listened to the good advice and got one from Vortex company in Chennai, cost me around 10.5K. But it serves one AC and just about all other electrical devices at my place like TV, fans, lights etc.
Old 3rd March 2012, 18:14   #2338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just bought a Panasonic Cube Split Air Conditioner - CS-ZC20NKYfor Rs.20,000. It's an 1.5 ton and 2 star rating.
Why are cube ac so cheaper as compared to normal split ac's ?

I am looking for a 1.5 ton split ac but nothing is cheaper than 24k for 3 star, than i saw this cube 1.5 ton for 20k 2 star ?

Can you please shed some light on this

Thanks in advance
Sameer
Old 4th March 2012, 00:38   #2339
BHPian

which will be the better choice?
sharp 1.1 ton inverter ac 35000
panasonic 3 star 27500
vidiocon 5 star 26000
area of my room is around 225 but height is just 7 feet.and i never use temp below 25.
Old 4th March 2012, 01:31   #2340
Senior - BHPian

What is the tonnage for the Panny and Videocon machines. Amongst similarly rated machines Panasonic will be the pick of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
which will be the better choice?
sharp 1.1 ton inverter ac 35000
panasonic 3 star 27500
vidiocon 5 star 26000
area of my room is around 225 but height is just 7 feet.and i never use temp below 25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks