Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2020, 18:20   #6556
Senior - BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Nice! Once you experience Mitsubishi you wont go back to any other brand. Do show us pictures after set up, and a crisp review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Got a good deal on Mitsubishi from its showroom in Dwarka, Delhi. Original price was 77500 final deal was closed on 58000. 1.5 Ton Tropical series of Mitsubishi with operating range upto 52 degrees. Only this particular series as per him is even better than General. Need a 2.5 ton for hall and will consider Samsung or LG as they have Triple and Dual inverter technology the latest one in market.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 18:39   #6557
BHPian

Guys how are Samsung Split ACs? I see they have much better warranty than others like 10 years on compressor and 5 on PCB and condensor. I need to buy a 1.5 Ton ac for a small room in house. We only run it for 9 hours when sleeping and keep temperature around 24-25 usually. Should i get a 3 start or 5 star only. Right now using 1 Hitachi and 1 daikan window ones and they have served us fine for the last 8-9 years.
Old 21st May 2020, 20:15   #6558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Nice! Once you experience Mitsubishi you wont go back to any other brand. Do show us pictures after set up, and a crisp review.
I think you are correct, whole family is going gaga over the new AC and bragging rights are with me. The AC is super silent even the Fan at 2nd position can be heard but no noise at all from AC. Cooling is also top notch compared to Hitachi, Carrier, LG and Haeir in other rooms. The closest one is Hitachi but still this is more silent. 28 degree is the temperature set and happy so far even in day time in Delhi.

Pics attached for reference, good to see Mr. Slim and Tropical mentioned on both internal and external unit.
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-img_20200521_161539.jpg  

The home / office air-conditioner thread-img_20200521_195551.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:09   #6559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice! Once you experience Mitsubishi you wont go back to any other brand...
I like mine, certainly enough to recommend them, but I wouldn't go that far!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:53   #6560
Senior - BHPian

Coming from the Middle East, it has been General all the way (all these years). Sadly, of late the quality isn't up there. I have used every brand there is. But, Mitsubishi certainly impressed me. Not doing any hardsell, but that's my self realisation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I like mine, certainly enough to recommend them, but I wouldn't go that far!
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 21:43   #6561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Coming from the Middle East, it has been General all the way. ... ... ... But, Mitsubishi certainly impressed me.
That is a very interesting perspective. I'm certainly impressed with the build: very superior to modern Daikin models.

The only downside is the warranty situation. If we add up the AMC and then compare purchase price plus AMC to a 5-year warrantee product, the lesser quality system might be financially compelling. I can understand the recommendation of LG on that basis.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 22:33   #6562
Distinguished - BHPian

^Also I believe the copper pipes are not included with the Mitsubishi machines. They have to be bought separately. I’m not sure how much they cost but given that it’s copper, I’m assuming it will not be cheap.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 04:47   #6563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Also I believe the copper pipes are not included with the Mitsubishi machines.
I think you are right. However, remember that there is nor such thing as a free lunch (or "free calls") and whatever is provided by any manufacturer has been factored into the cost. I don't recall cost of the piping being a big extra. I don't think it is if the ODU and IDU are close to each other.

Bottom line: nobody is calling Mitsubishi a low-budget machine! It certainly is not. But I don't think it is the most expensive. Isn't General higher-priced?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 12:02   #6564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
In our ancestral home in Jharkhand,
Overall, I think Panasonic is worth keeping in one's shortlist.
Hey all,

So, we need a couple of more ACs in the newly built rooms in our ancestral homes.

Had ordered Carrier 1.5T Split off Amazon, but I am a bit wary.
It will be our first Carrier AC has a brand.

Main requirements :
1. 1.5 Ton Split
2. Non-inverter (severe voltage fluctuation, thus don't wanna risk damaging the PCBs)
3. Cheap to buy, run and maintain (Spares shall be difficult due to location)(The lockdown has reduced all chances of splurging and getting into the Mitsubishi/General territory)

We had two brands in mind, Voltas and Carrier. I voted for Carrier as it has average lower sound and a higher airflow rate so works better in the room. Voltas was only slightly cheaper.

Would have ordered Panasonic if it was available in any e-commerce site at a reasonable price due to our previous great experience with them.

Would love the 2 cents (both positive or negative) about the Carrier brand and its products.

Last edited by sharktale : 24th May 2020 at 12:08.
Old 24th May 2020, 12:34   #6565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't recall cost of the piping being a big extra. I don't think it is if the ODU and IDU are close to each other.
The Whirlpool Ac I bought recently came with three meters of copper piping in the box. If the IDU and ODU are to be placed farther apart, we have to pay extra for it. In my case both are separated only by the width of the wall, so they have rolled the pipe and secured in place with some ties, without cutting any of it.

Some years ago I bought a Samsung split unit for my dad's room. It also came with 3 meters of pipe. But the fools came for installation when I was not available. Since the ODU was just outside the wall there too, cut the extra length and gave it to my dad and went off.
Old 24th May 2020, 13:02   #6566
BHPian

Hi,

I need help from experts here in recommending me an air conditioner for a room in our house. I am not aware of the latest technology hence seeking help. I actually had to use google to understand the difference between inverter and non-inverter AC. I do not even know the variant of my current existing AC.

I need a 1.5 ton split AC. I am not looking for features like WiFi connectivity. We typically use the AC only during summers at night - that too only for a few hours and not the entire night. I read few pages of this thread and understood that the quality of all manufacturers has gone down over the years and it is better to buy from a company which has good after sales support.

My current air conditioner is from Panasonic and over the past 4-5 years, I have had frequent issues with it. Most of the times, the issue is with gas leakage. Leakages keep springing up in spite of the 'thorough' welding work. The official Panasonic technician now wants to take out the outdoor unit and inspect it. I am thinking of buying a new AC as I do not want to spend more money on repairing this AC.

Any suggestions would be really helpful. I also noticed people talking about copper wires (or was it condenser)? Are there any other things I need to be careful about?
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 18:15   #6567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Some years ago I bought a Samsung split unit for my dad's room. It also came with 3 meters of pipe. But the fools came for installation when I was not available. Since the ODU was just outside the wall there too, cut the extra length and gave it to my dad and went off.
There's a minimum piping distance for the supplied gas capacity. If they respected that, all is well, your dad can sell the copper and be happy!
Old 25th May 2020, 10:29   #6568
BHPian

Energy Control in LG inverter ACs

Has anyone tested the energy control feature on their LG AC? I have tried it often and the power consumption never changes even when reduced to 40% as displayed on the IDU and the remote. I monitor power consumption using a Sonoff. Of course, overall the unit is very efficient and automatically defaults to as low as 225 Watts on its own. I have tried the energy control when the unit starts and after about 5 minutes it is consuming around 700 to 800 Watts and it doesn’t change at all. I have also tried it after the room has cooled and the consumption is say 500 and it still doesn’t change. I realise that there might be design parameters like the temperature being too hot but I would have expected some impact.
Old 25th May 2020, 12:15   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello,

The issue is cracking noises are present even if the AC hasn't been used for couple of days. The noise is really disturbing and at the same time worrying. How can this occur when the unit is switched off?

Same noise occurs when the AC is being operated.
The crackling noise on my 1 year old BlueStar 5 star inverter AC seems to be extremely disturbing these days.

The noise occurs even after the machine is switched off for 8-10 hrs.

What could be the issue?
Old 25th May 2020, 22:48   #6570
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of getting the LG 4 star inverter AC 2020 series for my house lobby. Similar looking 2019 model is available online on Amazon for 40k. https://www.amazon.in/LG-Inverter-LS-Q18YNYA-Convertible-Cooling/dp/B082TG6BGN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lg+4+star+inverte r+ac+1.5+ton&qid=1590426485&sprefix=lg+4+star+in&s r=8-1

I am getting it for the same price from a local LG shop with 2k cashback on HDFC card. My experience with LG AC is only with one window AC which was bought around 18 years back. It's now doing duty in guest room with decent cooling. Since then I have bought 2 whirlpools and 3 Carrier AC's. All doing a good job. I might get a Whirlpool 3 star inverter from Vijay sales for 32.5k.

Now my question is which one will be a better deal. Is LG better than Whirlpool and with 7k more pricing is it a good deal. LG has a better warranty for sure with PCB warranty for 5 years included.

Also, LG doesn't recommend buying a stabilizer along with their Inverter AC but sales guy is highly recommending it considering the voltage fluctuations which happens in our area.

I am staying away from Daikin, Hitachi because of bad A.S.S. Mitsubishi and General are beyond my budget. So, I am looking at LG, Carrier and Whirlpool.
Will be buying the AC tomorrow.
Plz guide. Thanks.

Last edited by harry10 : 25th May 2020 at 22:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks