Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 00:03   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
It uses MicroSim instead of the normal sim. This is relatively rare Sim (in use only in Lumia and in iphones.)
The existing full size SIM can be cut to a Micro SIM. That is what we did for my wife's phone and I'm sure all phones will slowly move to a Micro SIM for the size advantages.
Old 26th February 2012, 05:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The existing full size SIM can be cut to a Micro SIM. That is what we did for my wife's phone and I'm sure all phones will slowly move to a Micro SIM for the size advantages.
I am aware of this fact that normal Sim can be cut into a micro sim. But the other way round is not possible (or maybe there are some adaptors for that too but I am not aware in that case.) It is a hassle nonetheless.

microSim has been there for a number of years now but still hasnt caught up. I think Nokia went with it because it wanted to attack the US market primarily. Iphone's primary market is also US, so if somebody there wants to move from Iphone to Lumia (lets say from an older iphone, upgrade to Lumia, or buy a Lumia also and keep it with the iphone and swap sims between the two) then it would be easier for them. But in India it is a hassle. Not many iphones here, and most phones run on normal sim cards. So at the moment, swapping sims between ur Lumia and other phones (unless the other phone is an iphone) is out of question.

Last edited by joslicx : 26th February 2012 at 05:52.
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:47   #108
BHPian

Just got myself a Samsung Omnia W. I am mooving from a Droid. Any essentials I should be aware of, Dos and Donts.

De we have a WP must have apps.
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Just got myself a Samsung Omnia W. I am mooving from a Droid. Any essentials I should be aware of, Dos and Donts.

Congrats on your Omnia W! There's simply no do's and don't's with WP7.

Must have apps? Apart from Adobe Reader, there are none. Even for Facebook, your phonebook is much better than official Facebook app (which is utter trash).

Source- my 10 months (and counting) experience with HTC Mozart.
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hey,

congrats. U got urself one of the best mobile os's in market rigt now. I bought lumia 710 at launch for my dad and he is simply loving it. The apps that he uses most are: xe, weather, tango, whatsapp and emails.

How much did you pay for omnia? Have the prices come down on that too like the Lumia 710?
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:33   #111
TOR
BHPian

The apps that i have:

-photofunia
-whatsapp
-weave
-handyscan
-Jack of Tools
-Adobe reader
-[+] lockscreen lite
-connectivity shortcuts
-ebay
-flickr
-gMaps
-IMDB
-My Expenses
-Myplex now
-Skydrive
-System View
-youtube
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:00   #112
BHPian

Thanks guys .. it is a sure jump from my optimus one. The price I am not sure as I got it as a gift. The experience I must say is better than my droid in a half day use. I also feel that it is a better intigrated experience.

Will post user experience in a day or so.
I only miss the Team Bhp

Last edited by ritayan : 3rd March 2012 at 10:03.
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:39   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I only miss the Team Bhp
There is a mobile version of tbhp. try that.

/enjoy wp. It surely is much better experience than android (unless u love rooting and flashing roms)
Old 5th March 2012, 19:00   #114
Team-BHP Support

How do I have the birthday calenday on my FB account displayed in my phone?

My FB is set up on the phone and Birthday Calendar (FB) is "ON" under Calendar settings. Funny thing is on my Windows Live homepage, it shows if there's anyone's birthday (as per my FB calendar) under Hotmail highlights. But it doesn't show up on the main screen on my phone.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:10   #115
BHPian

I have exactly same problem. On Microsoft forum, people are asking how to disable the birthday reminders. So some people are getting it. I posted this question on Microsoft Answer site. Someone has replied saying enable birthday calender on Live site. But even after checking option for enabling birthday calender, I am not able to get notifications on my mobile calender. Funny thing is, I am not able to see on Windows live page also.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:30   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
I have exactly same problem. On Microsoft forum, people are asking how to disable the birthday reminders. So some people are getting it. I posted this question on Microsoft Answer site. Someone has replied saying enable birthday calender on Live site. But even after checking option for enabling birthday calender, I am not able to get notifications on my mobile calender. Funny thing is, I am not able to see on Windows live page also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How do I have the birthday calenday on my FB account displayed in my phone?

My FB is set up on the phone and Birthday Calendar (FB) is "ON" under Calendar settings. Funny thing is on my Windows Live homepage, it shows if there's anyone's birthday (as per my FB calendar) under Hotmail highlights. But it doesn't show up on the main screen on my phone.
Solution couldn't be simpler. All I had to was sync my Live account again.

I have facebook set up on my phone and Facebook Birthday Calendar is enabled in the Calendar settings. I manually triggered the Windows Live sync (the one under Emails and Accounts in Settings) and voila! the birthdays started showing up in the Calendar.

I'm just wondering why it wasn't automatic though; because for each calendar entry I make on the phone, it reflects on the Live Calendar.

Anywho, problem solved.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I have facebook set up on my phone and Facebook Birthday Calendar is enabled in the Calendar settings. I manually triggered the Windows Live sync (the one under Emails and Accounts in Settings) and voila! the birthdays started showing up in the Calendar.
My problem seems to be bit different. If I go to Email and Account settings for Windows live, I can see only Email (check box), but there is calender check box. Also, are you sure you are getting Facebook Birthday calender in calender settings? I have Facebook calender and Birthday (Windows Live) calender.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:49   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
My problem seems to be bit different. If I go to Email and Account settings for Windows live, I can see only Email (check box), but there is calender check box. Also, are you sure you are getting Facebook Birthday calender in calender settings? I have Facebook calender and Birthday (Windows Live) calender.
Yes on both counts. For the Windows Live settings, even I see just the Email check box. Also, it is Facebook Calendar and Birthday Calendar (Windows live).

Try syncing Windows Live again.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:12   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Yes on both counts. For the Windows Live settings, even I see just the Email check box. Also, it is Facebook Calendar and Birthday Calendar (Windows live).

Try syncing Windows Live again.
Didn't work for me. I forced synchronisation by unchecking Email check box->save->again put check in the box and save again. Also tried synchronise option in hotmail. But it is just not working.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:35   #120
BHPian

@libranof1987, have you imported your FB contacts on Windows live site also? I have not done that. I have directly used Windows phone to import facebook data.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks