Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 13:23   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Just a heads up to all Lumia 710 users, if your phone hasn't notified you yet, theres an update available that fixes the "end call" issue.

Vikram, I did notice that whenever the end call issue came up the icon was either at G (GPRS) or E (Edge) while its usually on H ( HSPA+ ?? ). Isn't HSPA+ considered to be 4G ? lol how can i be getting 4G using vodafone in bangalore :P I've never seen the 3G logo though, it just toggles between these 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
HSPA+ is still 3G. 4G is LTE
AT&T has defined HSPA as 4G. (even T-Mobile has done the same) This is all marketing crap. The new iphone software even displays '4' (for 4G) where it gets HSPA.

Anything short of LTE (or WiMax) should not be 4G.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:09   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah you can change it under "Region & Language", it will ask you to restart the phone, thats it, you are done and can access India's Marketplace.

Update on the 3G and SMS issue

Don't know how but the problem seems to have resolved after the re installation. The OS details are as below.

Software: Windows 7.5
OS Version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware: 2424.12.01.1

The above version seems to be the same as the one I had earlier so not sure how the issue got solved. Strange are the ways of technology

Bought My Phone yesterday and updated the software immediately.

Firmware: 2424.11.11.7 - this in different from yours, may be this has done the trick . Looking at the number your seems to be updated
Old 20th March 2012, 09:48   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Bought My Phone yesterday and updated the software immediately.

Firmware: 2424.11.11.7 - this in different from yours, may be this has done the trick . Looking at the number your seems to be updated
Yeah, i guess that its an updated firmware, the other thing I noticed is that the phone is now able to maintain the 3G connection quite well, because earlier the 3G connection used to break and revert to Edge connection quite frequently when indoors.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:00   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, i guess that its an updated firmware, the other thing I noticed is that the phone is now able to maintain the 3G connection quite well, because earlier the 3G connection used to break and revert to Edge connection quite frequently when indoors.

My Edge stopped working while accessing Facebook on first day itself then typed ##3282# and clicked on settings the network was automatic made it 2G, saved and then restarted the phone its working fine now .

My dealer advised me to charge the phone for 8 hours for first charge but it was charged within 4 - 5 hours so disconnected the charging, got 30 hours with 6 software downloads over 20Mbs (Over and hour spend in market for applications), Facebook synced, Gmail synched, over 30 minutes of call and 10 messages, and all types of R&D we to tend to-do when the phone is new, still it had 30% juice left yesterday night.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 20th March 2012 at 11:04.
Old 20th March 2012, 17:44   #200
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Hi all,

I would like to tell you guys about the leaked Nokia Creative Studio app. Its .xap version is available at XDA [Leaked] Nokia Creative Studio - xda-developers

It has a panorama mode along with image editor. Example shot-

When I click normally from camera-
The Windows Phone Thread-wp_000571.jpg

When I use panorama feature of Creative Studio app-
The Windows Phone Thread-eaf04739be2a4d0f82688b39bed7365e.jpg
  • Please note that the pic will look highly pixelated in your phone but normal on computer. Looks like WP7 can't render a 6033x1335 pic properly.
  • XDA has a strong stance against piracy and hence be assured that installing this app is legal.
  • Since it's a xap, you need an unlocked phone to install it. I did see a thread over at XDA on how to install xap on stock ROMs but I didn't pay much attention.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:40   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
  • Please note that the pic will look highly pixelated in your phone but normal on computer. Looks like WP7 can't render a 6033x1335 pic properly.
  • XDA has a strong stance against piracy and hence be assured that installing this app is legal.
  • Since it's a xap, you need an unlocked phone to install it. I did see a thread over at XDA on how to install xap on stock ROMs but I didn't pay much attention.
Good one but we also have a app called Autopanorama that you can download for free from the Marketplace and shoot Panorama's.

AutoPanorama

Name:  primaryImage.png
Views: 606
Size:  43.5 KB

Last edited by motomaverick : 21st March 2012 at 11:44.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:25   #202
BHPian

Hey guys, bought a lumia 800 yesterday. I am feeling serious limitations in IE9. Wondering if there is some other browser I can use?

Last edited by Shashank.A : 22nd March 2012 at 07:26.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:29   #203
BHPian

Hi all,
  • Check your marketplace for updated Nokia Maps 1.3 which is can be installed on any WP7 device (not limited to Lumia series). People are reporting it to be better than Bing Maps.
  • The updated Nokia Drive 2.0 is finally supported offline. I'm still investigating whether it's legal or not to install it on non-Lumia phones.
  • Even though Nokia has released updated Transport v1.2, don't bother to install it as it has nothing for India.

Quote:
Good one but we also have a app called Autopanorama that you can download for free from the Marketplace and shoot Panorama's.
I tried this app. A bit hard to use since you've to take pics without any help. Plus, it also results in not so great stitching of pics. Creative Studio automatically takes pics as you move the phone which is a giant leap in ease of taking panorama pics. Nonetheless AutoPanorama is a great alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Hey guys, bought a lumia 800 yesterday. I am feeling serious limitations in IE9. Wondering if there is some other browser I can use?
1. Browser Plus
2. Beyond Browser 2
3. Full Screen Web Browser
4. QQBrowser
5. Mini Browser
6. Terra Explorer
7. Metro Web Browser
8. UC Browser
9. Surf Cube
10. Next Browser

And hey, congratulations for your Lumia 800

Last edited by DevilsCry : 22nd March 2012 at 07:33. Reason: Adding reply to Shashank.A
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:41   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We can help you better if can tell us what those limitations are.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:57   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
We can help you better if can tell us what those limitations are.
The major one being that it does not run an application that is my company's product. its in html five and the way it has been done only chrome, opera and safari are able to run it. IE does not run it on pc as well.

Secondly I cannot upload pictures to Facebook, when using it from browser :[
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:34   #206
BHPian

Quote:
1. Browser Plus
2. Beyond Browser 2
3. Full Screen Web Browser
4. QQBrowser
5. Mini Browser
6. Terra Explorer
7. Metro Web Browser
8. UC Browser
9. Surf Cube
10. Next Browser
have you used any of them? which one if most efficient and evolved?

Quote:
And hey, congratulations for your Lumia 800

Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:45   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The major one being that it does not run an application that is my company's product. its in html five and the way it has been done only chrome, opera and safari are able to run it. IE does not run it on pc as well.

Secondly I cannot upload pictures to Facebook, when using it from browser :[
Can't help you with your company's product as I don't know what it is. But photo upload can be done directly form the Pictures Hub. Why would you want to do that from the browser?
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:19   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried this app. A bit hard to use since you've to take pics without any help. Plus, it also results in not so great stitching of pics. Creative Studio automatically takes pics as you move the phone which is a giant leap in ease of taking panorama pics. Nonetheless AutoPanorama is a great alternative.
So how do you install this app? I didnt see any steps, just a download for the *.xap file
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:20   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So how do you install this app? I didnt see any steps, just a download for the *.xap file
You need a developer unlocked phone to be able to install xaps.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:12   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Can't help you with your company's product as I don't know what it is. But photo upload can be done directly form the Pictures Hub. Why would you want to do that from the browser?
was just trying to. I own couple of very active facobook pages, to upload photos on them I need use a browser. Pictures hub is good for my personal profile only.

btw... if there a way I can bypass m.facebook.com for www.facebook.com ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks