Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:05   #331
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

If you're connected to a wi-fi network, is there anyway to ensure the phone is always connected to it?

Whenever I connect my phone to a wi-fi network while it is not being charged, it disconnects the moment I lock the phone.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:55   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If you're connected to a wi-fi network, is there anyway to ensure the phone is always connected to it?

Whenever I connect my phone to a wi-fi network while it is not being charged, it disconnects the moment I lock the phone.
Not that I know of. I have seen it switching between wi-fi and 3G even when I am within the wi-fi range.

This week, I retired the Mango to be the backup phone, and moved to iPhone
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:07   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
My sister already got the HTC. You are saying that you have the Samsung Focus or is the Omnia?? The Titan 2 is a little bit more spec"ed" than the Omnia. I havent received the phone yet. Lets see how things turn out.
I have the Omnia W also called i8350. Actually if you see the specs of both Titan 2 and Omnia W the hardware has very little difference apart from the following differences I could find.

Titan 2 over Omnia W
1. 100MHz more horses (not sure how much of difference it will cause in real world)
2. Camera 16MP
3. 4G LTE network (Currently nothing in India)
4. More storage space
5. Larger screen

Omnia W over Titan 2
1. I would say very cheap when compared
2. Super AMOLED screen with 252 ppi pixel density
3. Gorilla glass protection
4. Longer battery life

So if you see Omnia W which retails for 15k apprx now surely is a better bet. But since your sis already bought the Titan 2 i guess lets not digress more on this comparison
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:02   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

So if you see Omnia W which retails for 15k apprx now surely is a better bet. But since your sis already bought the Titan 2 i guess lets not digress more on this comparison
Omnia is an amazing phone but there werent options you see. If I were to pick a Windows phone from India then I would surely gone for the Omnia. VFM.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:19   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The Omnia Lite is a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone. Can you check your network status when your phone hangs. Old Win 6.1 phones had this issue of the phone hanging when network signal was weak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
@motomaverick and vikram..
When I checked the Version in the System Sub-menu under Settings, it says--
Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
CE OS 5.2.21887 (Build 21887.5.0.86)
Processor:ARM1176 S3C6410.

The Device Version says--
PDA:B7300XXJA8
CSC: B7300INUIL4
PHONE: B7300XXJA2

Vikram,
How to check the Network Status after the phone hangs?
I have noticed that sometimes when the Network Signal Strength varies and I perform some operation rapidly, the phone hangs and the phone does not respond to any action. All I have to reset the phone using the Reset button or removing and reinserting the battery (if I don't have any pen to press the Reset button)

When my brother used using the Airtel Simcard, he did not face any hang problem.
Mine is BSNL.

If it does not hang using the Airtel card, that means there is no problem with the phone. Its the Signal Strength which is culprit.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:58   #336
BHPian

ugh, ive officially had it with my Omnia W. The battery life really is poor nowadays :(. I have reset my phone probably close to 10 times and i am still not getting the battery life i like i did initially with this phone. I dont know what to do now. I am thinking to go back to my Defy.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 5th May 2012 at 10:00.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:08   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
ugh, ive officially had it with my Omnia W. The battery life really is poor nowadays :(. I have reset my phone probably close to 10 times and i am still not getting the battery life i like i did initially with this phone. I dont know what to do now. I am thinking to go back to my Defy.
I am using Omnia W since March 2012, initially i got battery life of 1.5 day max, now that my usage has settled down I am getting 2 days battery life with still some amount of juice left.

Following is my usage pattern

Call over 1 hour
Connected to Whats app
10-15 sms in a day
Office mail, Gmail (Auto check every 30 minutes)
Connected to Facebook and Twitter
Surfing Team-bhp and other websites
Browsing market place
(On Vodafone GPRS)

I never use "Turn on battery saver now, until next charge" also I am using white background instead of black, but white background consumes more battery in Amoled screen.
Attached Thumbnails
The Windows Phone Thread-20120504_143304.jpg  

The Windows Phone Thread-20120504_180035.jpg  

Old 5th May 2012, 11:18   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I am using Omnia W since March 2012, initially i got battery life of 1.5 day max, now that my usage has settled down I am getting 2 days battery life with still some amount of juice left.

Following is my usage pattern

Call over 1 hour
Connected to Whats app
10-15 sms in a day
Office mail, Gmail (Auto check every 30 minutes)
Connected to Facebook and Twitter
Surfing Team-bhp and other websites
Browsing market place
(On Vodafone GPRS)

I never use "Turn on battery saver now, until next charge" also I am using white background instead of black, but white background consumes more battery in Amoled screen.
I am on almost the same pattern you are. I have a black background though. Right now im back in the US so i am using a T Mobile SIM..for most of the day i have no network or very low network so that could be one problem. Other than that, my usage might actually be less than yours. What background apps are you using? I am using Accuweather. I also think my battery might be defective. Initially, in the first couple of months when i got the phone, i had great battery life. Suddenly, since then, it has plummeted.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 5th May 2012 at 11:22.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:33   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
I am on almost the same pattern you are. I have a black background though. Right now im back in the US so i am using a T Mobile SIM..for most of the day i have no network or very low network so that could be one problem. Other than that, my usage might actually be less than yours. What background apps are you using? I am using Accuweather. I also think my battery might be defective. Initially, in the first couple of months when i got the phone, i had great battery life. Suddenly, since then, it has plummeted.
If you have no network, then chances of phone trying to search for a network signal is very high and in this process it might consume more battery juice. I have background apps such as Evernote, Gmaps, IBNlive all of them turned off only whats app is on. Do not over charge your phone (dont keep it on charging over night)

If you can try another operator who has a good coverage, also try to swap in a new battery it might help.
Old 5th May 2012, 12:24   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
If it does not hang using the Airtel card, that means there is no problem with the phone. Its the Signal Strength which is culprit.
Some earlier Win 6.1 phones had signal problems and this is what causes the phone to hang.
Old 5th May 2012, 12:51   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
If you have no network, then chances of phone trying to search for a network signal is very high and in this process it might consume more battery juice. I have background apps such as Evernote, Gmaps, IBNlive all of them turned off only whats app is on. Do not over charge your phone (dont keep it on charging over night)

If you can try another operator who has a good coverage, also try to swap in a new battery it might help.
I have been charging overnight. I thought that's alright because the phone automatically stops the charging after its full though, or am i wrong? I am stuck with Tmobile for the time being. I will be back on Airtel once i get back to India though. I will see about a a new battery tommorow maybe.
Old 5th May 2012, 17:38   #342
Senior - BHPian

But Vikram, my phone has 6.5 Professional as the OS.
Won't the upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5 help in varying signal strength problems?
Old 7th May 2012, 14:26   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nope. What issue are you facing?
Quote:
Nope no issues with the Omnia and Whatsapp app, works well even when sending or receiving images.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
No issues here too. What issues are you facing?
It shows 'Not Connected' on my L800. Has never worked.. :(
Old 8th May 2012, 10:27   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
It shows 'Not Connected' on my L800. Has never worked.. :(
Interesting, have you posted in MS Answers or have you contact Nokia? I am not too sure if Whatsapp has any support.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:07   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Titan 2 over Omnia W
1. 100MHz more horses (not sure how much of difference it will cause in real world)
2. Camera 16MP
3. 4G LTE network (Currently nothing in India)
Airtel has introduced 4G in Kolkata and Bengaluru. But the access is limited within Broadband wireless access (BWA) spectrum. I think only dongles are supported.

For phones to start using 4G, I guess they will have a separate auction of the spectrum ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks