Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 10:55   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
don't get either now.
if you can't wait, get the 710, but if you can wait, then wait till october.
Microsoft is releasing Windows 8 in October, they will also publish their plans for Windows 8 on ARM processors along with the future plans of Windows 8 phones. And they are teasing some INSANE Configurations.

we'll know for sure in October if Windows 8 will come onto the 710, 800 and 900.
But it will definitely not come for the 610.
Source please. I am not in hurry. I am currently very happy with my 2.5 years old HD2 running WP7.5.

Edit: Even if MS does not give the WP8 upgrade to all old phones, I'm sure there are people out there who will port it for sure and we all know where to find them.

Last edited by vikram_d : 26th May 2012 at 10:56.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:00   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Source please. I am not in hurry. I am currently very happy with my 2.5 years old HD2 running WP7.5.

Edit: Even if MS does not give the WP8 upgrade to all old phones, I'm sure there are people out there who will port it for sure and we all know where to find them.
Source for the October Release on X86 and ARM architecture: Microsoft aiming for October 2012 release of Windows 8, tablets and PCs on deck -- Engadget

Source for Windows Phone 8 way forward:
Windows Phone 8 detailed: dual cores, Skype Integration and NFC are a go -- Engadget

there was one article which stated that Windows 8 will operate on Multi Core devices with several screen sizes and resolutions, but i can't find that.
Old 29th May 2012, 10:36   #363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Have you tried getting Birthday calender URL from facebook and adding that to your Windows Live account?
I don't quite follow.
Old 29th May 2012, 10:59   #364
BHPian

Check this link. Though this is for Google calender, it will work for Windows Live also.
How to import Facebook birthdays to Google Calendar | How To - CNET
Old 29th May 2012, 11:20   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Check this link. Though this is for Google calender, it will work for Windows Live also.
How to import Facebook birthdays to Google Calendar | How To - CNET
Wonderful! Thanks!

Will the calendar refresh automatically (each time I add/remove a friend on facebook) or will I have to sync it manually?
Old 29th May 2012, 11:32   #366
BHPian

I think it will get refreshed after certain interval like once in a day. I am not sure how it works. My office network requires id and password whenever there is access to internet. So I see my outlook trying to connect to facebook birthday calender URL. But I am not sure whether it happens once a day or some other frequency. Actually I never checked if birthday calender on phone refreshed with new friends added.
Old 31st May 2012, 13:58   #367
BHPian

Till date is there any way by which I can share an internet connection from my Lumia 800 ??

Also I am not able to buy stuff from marketplace. have you ever done a successful transaction ?? (I am not even able to add my card)
Old 31st May 2012, 14:24   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A
Till date is there any way by which I can share an internet connection from my Lumia 800 ??

Also I am not able to buy stuff from marketplace. have you ever done a successful transaction ?? (I am not even able to add my card)
Yes a new update is supposed to come enabling Internet Sharing. Im still waiting for it on my 800 too.
As for marketplace why not try buying from the phone itself. Ive never purchased from there. I thought they cut the money from your balance just like android. Will look into that.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:36   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think it will get refreshed after certain interval like once in a day. I am not sure how it works. My office network requires id and password whenever there is access to internet. So I see my outlook trying to connect to facebook birthday calender URL. But I am not sure whether it happens once a day or some other frequency. Actually I never checked if birthday calender on phone refreshed with new friends added.
Another thing. Since I integrated the FB B'day Calendar on Windows Live; the phone calendar displays all my friends' b'days.

But I see a weird icon on top of some b'day entries : it's 2 arrows pointing towards each other. This wasn't there earlier. Any clue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
It's not there for Lumia yet?

My HTC HD7 has that option since Mango.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:02   #370
BHPian

Quote:
I have done few transactions using credit card. I remember I could not add my credit card using Zune/Windows phone site from PC. But when I did same thing from phone directly, it worked. Give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Another thing. Since I integrated the FB B'day Calendar on Windows Live; the phone calendar displays all my friends' b'days.

But I see a weird icon on top of some b'day entries : it's 2 arrows pointing towards each other. This wasn't there earlier. Any clue?
I have a guess. I also get this icon. Observation is, it is displayed when there multiple entries per day. I think it shows clashing Meetings as birthdays are shown as all-day event. You can test this by creating two overlapping events.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:49   #371
BHPian

I was adding from phone. It did not work from there. Will try again.
Old 1st June 2012, 10:40   #372
Senior - BHPian

Its high time Windows phones stepped up the hardware. Its all about the hardware now a days and Windows lags in this area although it has a smoother and better UI.

Nokia had better hardware with add-on memory and even USB host functions. Its time to pull up their socks if they want windows phones to sell at good numbers.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:28   #373
BHPian

Quote:
I was adding from phone. It did not work from there. Will try again.
I've tried adding mine though both the phone and computer, didn't work :P

Mine is a visa, maybe that has something to do with it ?
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:53   #374
Team-BHP Support

Problem reported earlier too but no discussion.

Very rarely can I send texts to multiple people. I almost always get an error saying "Can't send message, try again" to get the same error again.

I tried to diagnose the problem, selecting a diff. combination of people but somehow texts to multiple people are just not being sent.

Any one facing the same problem?

Quote:
I have a guess. I also get this icon. Observation is, it is displayed when there multiple entries per day. I think it shows clashing Meetings as birthdays are shown as all-day event. You can test this by creating two overlapping events.
Now there's a strange issue. The home screen and the calendar tile show the birthday on the next day but don't display the birthdays on the current day. So, today I can see who have their b'days tomorrow; but not who has it today.

Wonder why!
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:39   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Problem reported earlier too but no discussion.

Very rarely can I send texts to multiple people. I almost always get an error saying "Can't send message, try again" to get the same error again.

I tried to diagnose the problem, selecting a diff. combination of people but somehow texts to multiple people are just not being sent.

Any one facing the same problem?
I routinely send text messages to multiple people. I never had any problem. It looks like problem with your handset. Try doing this

Messages -> settings -> Turn off Group Text button.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks