Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 14:17   #466
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus
Nokia Lumia 610 has been released today at a price tag of Rs.12,999/-. It presently comes with Windows Phone 7.5 OS, but as announced by Microsoft all WP 7.5 OS will have an option to upgrade to WP 7.8 when WP 8 is launched. This upgrade will give WP7.5 users the same layout at WP8 except for those features that require better hardware.
Is it correct to understand that Nokia Lumia 610 is at the lowest end of the Windows Phone market where 900 is at the top?
Old 6th July 2012, 14:29   #467
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

India is Nokia's last bastion, where people still buy their phones and they are still number one in the market. But Nokia still neglects our market. They took 4 months to launch phones that have been out in other markets and are outdated already before launch.
Old 6th July 2012, 17:14   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Just updated my L800 with the updates pushed by Zune. Internet tethering is the only noticable thing till now..
Along with this you have a feature of silencing calls by turning the phone upside down .

Latest firmware ends with 12121 but however, I was able to update my 710 and the 800 did not accept this update. It says that the phone already has the latest software.

I am having this problem in IE wherein I am not able to log in to Facebook. Also, under messaging, FB chat shows no online friends. I deleted the account, set it up again. And then I got a suspicious activity warning in facebook. I approved that too. But phone is not able to connect to FB. This problem was there in Ebuddy too. If I had kept it online for long, then the whole access to FB used to be blocked. Now facing the same problem here.

BTW, this phone has caught a lot of attention from friends and onlookers! A friend of mine went and bought the same phone after seeing mine. The performance is good too. No breaks and cuts in between any transistions.
Old 6th July 2012, 18:33   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The Lumia 610 is a lower end model. The main reason for this model's existance is for MS to enter the budget phone market. Most of the people who will buy the 610 will not be the kind who will worry too much about OS updates.
The bulk of the budget market consists of pre-paid users. And they won't even be able to check balance or activate services, etc. Thanks to no USSD. A month or two back I was at a popular mobile shop and none of the shop guys knew what was USSD or that WPs don's support it. When I demo it to them on one of their WP phones, they all gathered around me and discovered something new.

I'm guessing a lot of people, at least in India must be buying WPs and doing exactly this after they find these limitations themselves -
Old 6th July 2012, 18:36   #470
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter
India is Nokia's last bastion, where people still buy their phones and they are still number one in the market. But Nokia still neglects our market. They took 4 months to launch phones that have been out in other markets and are outdated already before launch.
Is not the 808 a simultaneous launch abroad as well as here?
Old 6th July 2012, 18:58   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
The bulk of the budget market consists of pre-paid users. And they won't even be able to check balance or activate services, etc. Thanks to no USSD. A month or two back I was at a popular mobile shop and none of the shop guys knew what was USSD or that WPs don's support it. When I demo it to them on one of their WP phones, they all gathered around me and discovered something new.

I'm guessing a lot of people, at least in India must be buying WPs and doing exactly this after they find these limitations themselves -
My wife uses the Lumia 700 with a prepaid sim. All it takes to find your balance is a simple SMS.
Old 6th July 2012, 19:22   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
My wife uses the Lumia 700 with a prepaid sim. All it takes to find your balance is a simple SMS.
I'm not sure all operators offer that facility. But all operators DO offer that facility thru USSD.

In Docomo, there is no way to activate most packs except thru USSD. AFAIK not possible to check balance thru toll-free SMS either.
Old 7th July 2012, 12:22   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

You can check the balance. Services like •123# are working fine in my phone. Not sure if it was rectified through an update.
Old 7th July 2012, 15:51   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic
You can check the balance. Services like •123# are working fine in my phone. Not sure if it was rectified through an update.
Only the *123# works because i think its not a USSD service. Others that require selecting options from a menu dont work. The menu doesnt come at all. Try doing *121#. This brings up a menu in other phones but not in windows phones. Atlwast in the lumia800. Please check and tell us as im eager to know if the update enables that.
Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 15:58   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Only the *123# works because i think its not a USSD service. Others that require selecting options from a menu dont work. The menu doesnt come at all. Try doing *121#. This brings up a menu in other phones but not in windows phones. Atlwast in the lumia800. Please check and tell us as im eager to know if the update enables that.
Thanks
*123# is a USSD message and it works because it has no user selectable options. On my HD2 with WP7 (Mango build No. 8107) *121# also works but it is not consistent. Some times the menu comes up and some times it does not. I think the problem lies in the implementation of USSD. After I call *121#, i have to go back to the home screen for the selectable options to appear but I cannot select any of the options as the numerical keypad does not appear on the home screen. If I continue to stay on the dialler screen the menu will just not appear.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:27   #476
BHPian

to check tango update status use the link below:

Software Update for Nokia Lumia phones - Nokia

I think lumia 800 is still waiting approval..Nokia being too slow, India is a huge market for them but not as important as Europe or US for high end phones, samsung is ruling these markets.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:34   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thanks
*121# works too. But not always as vikram has said. Else it is displayed as a phone message. For airtel, you can access the same USSD menu by sending a text message to 121. And updates are not being provided to my 800. Only 710 is getting updates time-to-time. Think I must check out with nokia care - And they are the sickest people in the after-sales department.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th July 2012 at 19:36.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:48   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
And updates are not being provided to my 800. Only 710 is getting updates time-to-time. Think I must check out with nokia care - And they are the sickest people in the after-sales department.
i just posted the reason for update above and the link to the update map
Old 8th July 2012, 11:16   #479
BHPian

Guys, My Lumia 800 is updated last week. It was not displayed as updates are ready on phone, but when I connected to Zune for updating my song collection, after some 15 minutes, I got the update notification. Please refer my last post in this thread.
Old 8th July 2012, 14:23   #480
BHPian

Friends im not able to recharge my lumia 800 with airtel 3g packs. Only 98 rs gprs pack is available option. Even though i had 3g 2gb per month as offer till last month on account of purchasing the 800.
I want to do the 255rs 3g pack but it just says recharge not successful.
Anyone faced this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks