Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2012, 13:06   #541
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
1. We are unable to find native Gtalk messenger in market place.
1. For gtalk, you can try IM+
Old 6th August 2012, 04:40   #542
Team-BHP Support

I uninstalled Whatsapp on my phone and now can't find it on Marketplace! Apparently, it was pulled off some time back.

What do I do?
Old 6th August 2012, 06:09   #543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987
I uninstalled Whatsapp on my phone and now can't find it on Marketplace! Apparently, it was pulled off some time back.

What do I do?
Does Zune backup your installed applications while syncing? Maybe that's something you can check.
Old 6th August 2012, 07:52   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

What do I do?
Do a search for "download whatsapp xap file". Download the xap and then sideload it if your phone is unlocked.
Old 6th August 2012, 09:27   #545
BHPian

Quote:

What do I do?
There's an app called Reinstaller, which reinstalls all the apps that you have previously installed and uninstalled. You could try that.

Also, I think you'll get a list of previously installed applications on the online marketplace. You can have a look if you get an install option from there.
Old 6th August 2012, 09:41   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

What do I do?
That's really strange. I just checked my wife's phone and in that also i couldn't find whatsapp in the market place. It was there 3 days ago when we bought her phone and installed it too.

Other thing you may try doing is going to the whatsapp wap site and downloading it from there if windows phone lets you do that.
Old 6th August 2012, 10:13   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Does Zune backup your installed applications while syncing? Maybe that's something you can check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
There's an app called Reinstaller, which reinstalls all the apps that you have previously installed and uninstalled. You could try that.

Also, I think you'll get a list of previously installed applications on the online marketplace. You can have a look if you get an install option from there.
Yea, I found it in the list of apps installed on the phone. But when i say, Reinstall, it throws up an error. Don't think it will install an app that doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Do a search for "download whatsapp xap file". Download the xap and then sideload it if your phone is unlocked.
I'm not confident of unlocking. Will look it up and do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
That's really strange. I just checked my wife's phone and in that also i couldn't find whatsapp in the market place. It was there 3 days ago when we bought her phone and installed it too.

Other thing you may try doing is going to the whatsapp wap site and downloading it from there if windows phone lets you do that.
I saw it until yesterday too! I hope they've pulled it off for upgrading the version. I mailed Whatsapp today; waiting for their reply.
Old 6th August 2012, 14:32   #548
Senior - BHPian

This is damn weird. I went to whatsapp.com on the phone browser and clicked on download now. It redirected me to the Windows Marketplace and showed Whatsapp. but then it gave me an error message saying "This app is not available for your device. Press here for more info". The more info screen reads as follows - "Application not available - This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the application is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your region."

This means the app is present in the Marketplace, but some other issue is going on. I can understand this issue on my phone which is a HD2. But on a HD7, which is a native WP7 phone?

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th August 2012 at 14:35.
Old 6th August 2012, 18:28   #549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is damn weird. I went to whatsapp.com on the phone browser and clicked on download now. It redirected me to the Windows Marketplace and showed Whatsapp. but then it gave me an error message saying "This app is not available for your device. Press here for more info". The more info screen reads as follows - "Application not available - This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the application is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your region."

This means the app is present in the Marketplace, but some other issue is going on. I can understand this issue on my phone which is a HD2. But on a HD7, which is a native WP7 phone?
Does it mean the app is in the process of being updated or possibly not available for download until 7.8 is out?

Arrogant, arrogant Microsoft.
Old 6th August 2012, 19:59   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it mean the app is in the process of being updated or possibly not available for download until 7.8 is out?
It can't be that. This looks more like a glitch because WP7.8 is still at least 2 months away. And if this is not a glitch then I agree. Arrogant, Arrogant Microsoft.

Edit: Any reply from the Whatsapp folks?
Old 6th August 2012, 20:01   #551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It can't be that. This looks more like a glitch because WP7.8 is still at least 2 months away. And if this is not a glitch then I agree. Arrogant, Arrogant Microsoft.

Edit: Any reply from the Whatsapp folks?
Nah, no reply yet. But check this out :

WhatsApp hidden in Windows Phone Marketplace, new version coming soon | The Verge

Esp this part (reply to someone else's query) :

Quote:
Thanks for the email.

Yes, we are aware. We hope to submit a new version to the Marketplace as soon as possible.

Sorry I don't have more details at this time.
Old 6th August 2012, 20:26   #552
BHPian

Apparently WhatsApp got removed from the Marketplace because the developers are working on a new version.

Linky: Screenshots of WhatsApp for Windows Phone leak - GSMArena Blog
Old 7th August 2012, 04:39   #553
Team-BHP Support

You guys might want to not use Whatsapp over wifi :

WhatsApp for Windows Phone was removed from Marketplace due to security issues | WPSuperfanboy
Old 7th August 2012, 05:42   #554
BHPian

Quote:

Arrogant, arrogant Microsoft.
it got removed due to some security flaw, they are going to release an updated version.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:46   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did some research on WhatsappSniffer. It can only work when the sniffer device is also connected to your wifi netwrk which is higly unlikely if you have a secure network. All my wifi networks are secured using WPA2 with a 26 character long password.

Edit: That being said, it is better not to use Whatsapp over office networks as there may be other devices connected to it.

Last edited by vikram_d : 7th August 2012 at 10:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks