Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:49   #616
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

HTC is launching windows 8 phones:

http://www.techtree.com/content/news...art-19500.html

The pricing for the 8S version is quite attractive.
Old 5th November 2012, 15:25   #617
BHPian

I am looking out for a app to view my CCTV footage (analog Camera). I have Hikvision DVR and their app iVMS 5060 doesn't work properly nor can I view it from internet explorer of my Omnia W as it requires Active X.

I have tried iVMS on my E71 and works perfectly fine. Can anyone suggest me a good app for HIK Vision DVR?

My Samsung Omnia W Running on OS version 7.10.8773.98
Old 5th November 2012, 19:32   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
HTC is launching windows 8 phones:

http://www.techtree.com/content/news...art-19500.html

The pricing for the 8S version is quite attractive.
Yes, The 8S pricing does look attractive. But should one go for the HTCs or wait for the Lumias?
Old 5th November 2012, 19:41   #619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Yes, The 8S pricing does look attractive. But should one go for the HTCs or wait for the Lumias?
Probably good to wait for the Lumia 920. It could be much more expensive than the HTC, but from the reviews it look like a capable phone.

http://reviews.cnet.com/nokia-lumia-920/
Old 8th November 2012, 20:51   #620
Team-BHP Support

I have Facebook set up on my phone (in the Email+Accounts under Settings).

How do I have my pictures on Facebook not synced on the phone? I don't want them to hog up space on it. I don't upload a lot of pictures on FB just so that they don't sync on the phone and take up place.
Old 10th November 2012, 08:00   #621
BHPian

I just got a red Lumia 920 and man, this phone is awesome. The screen is big and nice and the phone feels good in the hand. All in all, I am quite impressed. Coming from an android system, the OS is so much more smoother and refined. I hope developers give it the app market it deserves and I see it beating a lot of other phones on the market.

I am in the US right now, so got it here as I needed a new phone. Paid $100 for the AT&T phone, which is a steal and priced well. The AT&T store had only black ones, so I got the phone from Microsoft store so no free wireless charging plate for me, yet. I'm waiting for this site to go online, so I can register for a free wireless charger. The site is:
http://nokiafreecharger.com/pages/holding

Let me know if any of you want me to check anything on this phone.
Old 10th November 2012, 19:45   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH
I just got a red Lumia 920 and man, this phone is awesome. The screen is big and nice and the phone feels good in the hand. All in all, I am quite impressed. Coming from an android system, the OS is so much more smoother and refined. I hope developers give it the app market it deserves and I see it beating a lot of other phones on the market.

I am in the US right now, so got it here as I needed a new phone. Paid $100 for the AT&T phone, which is a steal and priced well.
Congrats on your new purchase . Great price as well. Since Windows 8 is launched for all devices now, Its only a matter of time when the marketplace will be flooded by apps. I have windows 8 on my laptop an am already enjoying every bit of it with the apps.
Old 10th November 2012, 20:34   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
I just got a red Lumia 920..Coming from an android system..Let me know if any of you want me to check anything on this phone.
Does the Nokia Lumia 920 has the built in feature of Wi-fi hotspot and USB Tethering which is present in Android phones? Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 22:15   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Congrats on your new purchase . Great price as well. Since Windows 8 is launched for all devices now, Its only a matter of time when the marketplace will be flooded by apps. I have windows 8 on my laptop an am already enjoying every bit of it with the apps.
I think so too. What I really like is how smooth the OS is. Coming from Android this was a big deal for me. And the screen is lovely. I am yet to load some nice videos on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Does the Nokia Lumia 920 has the built in feature of Wi-fi hotspot and USB Tethering which is present in Android phones? Thanks
It does have an internet sharing option which is equivalent to wifi hotspot I guess. But I haven't tried it yet.
Old 10th November 2012, 22:24   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra

Yes it has Wi-fi hotspot feature.
Old 11th November 2012, 17:40   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

My lumia 710 has Wifi tethering too. So 920 will also come with it.
Old 11th November 2012, 19:08   #627
BHPian

Quote:

I am in the US right now, so got it here as I needed a new phone. Paid $100 for the AT&T phone, which is a steal and priced well. The AT&T store had only black ones, so I got the phone from Microsoft store so no free wireless charging plate for me, yet. I'm waiting for this site to go online, so I can register for a free wireless charger. The site is:
http://nokiafreecharger.com/pages/holding

Let me know if any of you want me to check anything on this phone.
How much did you get it for?
My bro is state side so i can ask him to pick it up for me.
need one off contract though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
My lumia 710 has Wifi tethering too. So 920 will also come with it.
Windows 8 like Windows 7.5 will have internet sharing as an OS feature itself
Old 12th November 2012, 21:29   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
How much did you get it for?
My bro is state side so i can ask him to pick it up for me.
need one off contract though.
I was hoping you'd read my post :P. Paid $100 for it. The off contract price is $450, but it will take a while before you can source the code out of AT&T. And, right now, AT&T is refusing to sell off contract phones to anyone. Don't know why.
Old 13th November 2012, 15:20   #629
BHPian

Quote:
I was hoping you'd read my post :P. Paid $100 for it. The off contract price is $450, but it will take a while before you can source the code out of AT&T. And, right now, AT&T is refusing to sell off contract phones to anyone. Don't know why.
hehe... AT&T have to option to buy it online, off contract [at least it's listed on their site]
Old 20th November 2012, 12:15   #630
BHPian

Hi, Got a Lumia 710 (I know am at the dead end, but still my requirements fit well). In People app, I saw that I cannot filter my contact list on phone contacts! It shows Gmail/ Windows Live, and if I unchecked both, I don't see even my phone contacts!

Can anyone tell me how do I see only the contacts on my phone? Also, some of my contacts are linked multiple times (3 to 4 times) to Windows Live account!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks