Nokia Lumia 920: Rs 36,759
Nokia Lumia 820: Rs 26,519

920: http://www.themobilestore.in/mobiles...03-43857315454
820: http://www.themobilestore.in/mobiles...03-36600147049
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Finally Lumia is here!

Lumia lights up India

"The Nokia Lumia 920 will cost around INR 38199, while the Lumia 820 will retail at around INR 27559. The price of the Lumia 620 will be announced when it goes on sale."
Love the 820 already! Its fast and smooth between screens/tiles. I also loved the options you have to contact someone.

City lens is bloody cool! Its very dynamic and hence the wow factor. The hotels/atm etc keeps on changing as you change direction.

note: Its my friend's mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
The Windows Phone Thread-20130122_145045_221-large.jpg  

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd January 2013 at 15:24.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:40   #752
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

How do I use Yahoo Messenger on windows phone? I have just bought a Lumia 820 and missing YM and Gtalk. Downloaded Nimbuzz but not happy with it.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:51   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
How do I use Yahoo Messenger on windows phone? I have just bought a Lumia 820 and missing YM and Gtalk. Downloaded Nimbuzz but not happy with it.
You can try IM+. That is a pretty decent multi-platform chat app.
Old 31st January 2013, 15:52   #754
Senior - BHPian

Windows phone 7.8 update being rolled out on all Nokias and Samsung Omnias. I am updating my uncle's Lumia 800 as I type this update. Will check and update this thread if there are any updates for other handsets like the HD7.
Old 31st January 2013, 17:43   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Windows phone 7.8 update being rolled out on all Nokias and Samsung Omnias. I am updating my uncle's Lumia 800 as I type this update. Will check and update this thread if there are any updates for other handsets like the HD7.
How are you checking it?

I just connected my dad's Lumia 710 to Zune to check updates and it said NO UPDATES.

Is there any other way to check updates?

Thanks,
Old 31st January 2013, 17:47   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
How are you checking it?

I just connected my dad's Lumia 710 to Zune to check updates and it said NO UPDATES.

Is there any other way to check updates?

Thanks,
I just connected the phone to the PC, Zune started on its own and then I did a manual check for updates. It installed the update in 3 steps with the final one being the WP7.8 update.

There is a slightly fiddly way to force Zune to update. That procedure is described on the link below.

http://www.wpcentral.com/forcing-win...uired-patience

Edit: I did not have to force Zune to update. I just did a manual check for updates and the updates showed up.

Last edited by vikram_d : 31st January 2013 at 17:48.
Old 31st January 2013, 17:59   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just connected the phone to the PC, Zune started on its own and then I did a manual check for updates. It installed the update in 3 steps with the final one being the WP7.8 update.

There is a slightly fiddly way to force Zune to update. That procedure is described on the link below.

Edit: I did not have to force Zune to update. I just did a manual check for updates and the updates showed up.
Hi,

I tried that too. Once ZUNE is open i go into Settings > UPDATE But i get the below message. I will give it another go tomorrow only now.

"YOUR PHONE IS UPDATE. CURRENT PHONE SOFTWARE VERSION 7.10(8773)"
Old 31st January 2013, 22:42   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

What phone did you do this for? There's news that HTC HD7 might not get WP 7.8.
Old 1st February 2013, 03:58   #759
Team-BHP Support

Ladies and gentlemen, my HTC HD7 now has WP 7.8!

Following is the account of how I managed it. I am writing an as-it-happened account to emphasize the anxiety Microsoft puts its customer through.

I saw Vikram's post about his phone receiving the 7.8 update.

1) I promptly connected to Zune and checked for the Update. As expected, it wasn't there.
2) I then decided to force-update through Zune. Did the trick : "connect to Zune, hit Update and then disconnect from internet within seconds". It still didn't work.
3) I went online and did not find very heartening stories about HTC HD7 getting WP 7.8 in the US. I resigned to fate.
4) After some time, I realized I had to win this battle and researched online. I then found out that one had to disable both Data Connection and Wi-fi. So I promptly did that and followed the trick. VOILA! Zune said there was an update. I follow the process.

EUPHORIA.

I expected the process to take at least half n hour but it was over in 5min. I knew there had to be 3 updates and I had just got one. That awful feeling of stupidity.

5) I checked Zune - no update; did force-update; no update.
6) Did some more research; found out things happened better when the phone was in Airplane mode. Still nada! Got royally pissed and shut down Zune.
7) Re-connected the phone, turned on Zune again and did the process. VOILA! again.
8) Went through the 2nd update.
9) Shut down Zune, disconnected phone, disabled Airplane mode, enabled Airplane mode, reconnected phone, force-update ----> VOILA! 7.8 baby!

So, moral of the story -
1) Airplane mode
2) After each update, disconnect the phone or at least restart Zune.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

I tried that too. Once ZUNE is open i go into Settings > UPDATE But i get the below message. I will give it another go tomorrow only now.

"YOUR PHONE IS UPDATE. CURRENT PHONE SOFTWARE VERSION 7.10(8773)"
Please do the above.

PS : There is absolutely nothing exciting about WP 7.8. The only thing diff. is the Home Screen. And trust me, I hardly find it so much more appealing than the earlier one. Waste of time.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st February 2013 at 04:11. Reason: I wanted to express my disdain for Microsoft.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:44   #760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, my HTC HD7 now has WP 7.8!

Following is the account of how I managed it. I am writing an as-it-happened account to emphasize the anxiety Microsoft puts its customer through.

I saw Vikram's post about his phone receiving the 7.8 update.

PS : There is absolutely nothing exciting about WP 7.8. The only thing diff. is the Home Screen. And trust me, I hardly find it so much more appealing than the earlier one. Waste of time.
Connected my HD7 to the laptop this morning, and the update (7.8) got in as normal via Zune – I mean, no additional steps.

And you are right, I don’t see any noticeable difference after the update.

Here is a screenshot of the About screen.
Attached Thumbnails
The Windows Phone Thread-hd7.jpg  

Old 9th February 2013, 15:54   #761
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to download apps from the Nokia Store or the Windows App world. Please help! Net is working fine + I can download other files/videos; problem persists only with the app store.
Old 9th February 2013, 16:00   #762
Senior - BHPian

Got the Nokia Lumia 820 as a gift today! I was thrilled as I have been evading the smart phone breed for, as long as they have existed! Yes, I had a symbian all these days, as I never felt the urge ( except for Whats App) to replace my Sony Ericsson W705, which I bought 3 and a half years ago, as the features in it were still not outclassed!

I was eyeing the Windows Phone OS ever since they unveiled the WP8, as I found Android to be way too common around me. And I am mighty impressed with the fluid UI of the WP8, the screen is bright and colour reproduction is very good ( for me at least ) and I have been exploring the phone from the morning. But highly disappointed as I could not install WatsApp, as the Microsoft market place is down since today morning ( read over the net ) I hope they fix it by today, and help me install all my favorite Apps.
Old 9th February 2013, 16:14   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Got the Nokia Lumia 820 as a gift today! .
Hearty congratulations from a fellow 820 user It is a good phone and you would enjoy it totally! As you said, everyone has either an I phone or Android phone; Windows phone brings with it a sea of changes and has become everyone's eye candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
But highly disappointed as I could not install WatsApp, as the Microsoft market place is down since today morning ( read over the net ) I hope they fix it by today, and help me install all my favorite Apps.
Thank you for this, I was wondering why I am unable to download apps from the store!!!
Old 10th February 2013, 20:45   #764
BHPian

Guys any info on the launching date of Lumia 620 in India. I am tired of waiting now. Seems like they are still working on its pricing strategy.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:04   #765
BHPian

Guyz having troubles with the Nokia Music App on my Lumia 710. I searched on the web and many users are reporting the same. Once you download any song from the store, it downloads completely but does NOT save in the library!
Anyone with same issue and possible solutions? Tried uninstalling and installing and also update the music app, all in vain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks