Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:44   #1501
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Though a wild try, you may check the option "Connect in a different way to use speech with Bluetooth in my car" under Settings-Bluetooth-advanced.
No such settings in WP7.8. I think this is WP8 feature.
Old 4th January 2014, 15:26   #1502
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Autocar India launches WP app.

Link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...59?signin=true

Mods,
When are you planning for the TBHP app? There were some hints about something in the pipeline by year end. We are just 2 days away from 2014.

I would strongly discourage grey market for the smartphones. You'll lose a lot more in case your phone gets bricked due to an update and you need to take it to Nokia Care. Most new OS revisions have this risk of some update not being fully compatible with a specific phone model and so on which would be addressed for free if you are within warranty. I've seen some devices getting bricked in the initial days of WP7 as well as WP8 which were replaced free of cost under warranty. By the time your phone goes out of warranty, it would be a popular model and devs would have got a hang of it regarding what works and what doesn't.

OT: Nice choice for username
Hmm.. if these problem persists then its better to go with bill & warranty product, thanks mate for the warning.
Thanks
PS: still confused between 1520 v/s 925 though.
Old 6th January 2014, 12:19   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I have tried what you have asked on the following phones and they have all worked perfectly.

L920, HTC 8x, HTC HD7, L510, L800 and also on my old HTC HD2. The last 4 phones are running WP7.8. I have not had the problem that you have mentioned with any of the phones. I set date time to manual and then restart the phone and the date/time are always correct.
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...1938382#M54430

520 and 521 do not come with real time battery.
Hence the date and time will go wonky every time the phone restarts.

Also the auto time update issue appears to be Airtel problem since I have been seeing UTC+4 time zone for quite some time. The Nokia folks were quite surprised seeing it! Airtel as usual claims everything is right at their end.
Old 6th January 2014, 12:29   #1504
BHPian

I'm trying to figure out the back and forward keys in the default browser on the Nokia Lumia 925. Are they present or absent on the browser? If absent how to go to next page from previous viewed page. Thanks.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:31   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...1938382#M54430

520 and 521 do not come with real time battery.
Hence the date and time will go wonky every time the phone restarts.

Also the auto time update issue appears to be Airtel problem since I have been seeing UTC+4 time zone for quite some time. The Nokia folks were quite surprised seeing it! Airtel as usual claims everything is right at their end.
According to the explanation on the Nokia forum the main battery should keep the clock going even if there is no real time battery for the clock. The clock should reset only if the main battery is removed. In any case it's just silly not having a battery for the internal clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I'm trying to figure out the back and forward keys in the default browser on the Nokia Lumia 925. Are they present or absent on the browser? If absent how to go to next page from previous viewed page. Thanks.
There is no forward button, but to go back you can use the back button.

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th January 2014 at 13:32.
Old 8th January 2014, 12:23   #1506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
. . .
Quote:
. . .
@vikram_d, @vvrchandra and other fellow 925 users, how good (duration) is the battery life when 3G is kept on?

I am seeing erratic battery life when I keep the phone on 2G network, however when I enable the 3G network, the battery drains at quite a fast rate (more than 15% per hour), irrespective of whether I'm using the phone or not.

Please do share your own experiences - I'm planning to make a visit to the nokia center for the same if this is just my phone experience.
Old 8th January 2014, 13:30   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@vikram_d, @vvrchandra and other fellow 925 users, how good (duration) is the battery life when 3G is kept on?

I am seeing erratic battery life when I keep the phone on 2G network, however when I enable the 3G network, the battery drains at quite a fast rate (more than 15% per hour), irrespective of whether I'm using the phone or not.

Please do share your own experiences - I'm planning to make a visit to the nokia center for the same if this is just my phone experience.
I have a 920 and not the 925. If you are facing battery drain check what apps are running in the background and disable those that you don't need.
Old 8th January 2014, 13:42   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 920 and not the 925. If you are facing battery drain check what apps are running in the background and disable those that you don't need.
I am not that concerned with the (non-3G) erratic battery supply, I am aware of one or other app being responsible for the differences (I guess).

My query is more to do with the battery backup with 3G kept on. My friend's 620 runs more than 24 hours with 3G on, the same on my mobile doesn't do more than 6-8 hours. And this is consistently seen over several days.

Edit: How much does your 920 run with 3G kept on?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th January 2014 at 13:48.
Old 8th January 2014, 13:44   #1509
Senior - BHPian

With 3G on, my Lumia 820 will definitely not last more than 12-14 hours even with moderate to light usage. But lasts more than 24 hours on 2G.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:28   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Edit: How much does your 920 run with 3G kept on?
My 920 goes anywhere from 18 - 36 hours depending on usage. I keep 3G always on. I tried switching to 2G also but in my case it didn't make too much of a difference. Max difference it made was 1 hour over a 36 hour period.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:05   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My 920 goes anywhere from 18 - 36 hours depending on usage. I keep 3G always on. I tried switching to 2G also but in my case it didn't make too much of a difference. Max difference it made was 1 hour over a 36 hour period.
Thanks. That's a huge huge difference. Makes my case strong to make the visit to the service center. Any 925 users to share their own phone experience?
Old 8th January 2014, 18:38   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That's a huge huge difference. Makes my case strong to make the visit to the service center. Any 925 users to share their own phone experience?
Note I said depending on usage. On low phone usage I regularly get 30 - 36 hours on a charge.
Old 8th January 2014, 21:36   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using the Nokia Lumia 925 for nearly 2 months now, I am not a very heavy app user, but I setup all settings to conserve battery viz. disable location detection, setup personal email refresh to hourly, disabled glance, blocked most background apps unless really needed etc. Most non-adhoc calls (typically work related telecons) are on wired earphones (which saves battery) and with very little/none app usage.

With this I get a battery life of around 40-48 hours. This is with BT always on, 3G always on, corporate email setup to real-time refresh. After 40-48 hours, the battery slips into battery saver mode (configured to 20%).

This is the list of most battery-conservation settings, that i follow (except keeping BT/3G on always).
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/p...D-8034FC707A61

Last edited by sachinayak : 8th January 2014 at 21:42. Reason: Adding Link
Old 9th January 2014, 07:39   #1514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post

This is the list of most battery-conservation settings, that i follow (except keeping BT/3G on always).
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/p...D-8034FC707A61
Perfect. Most of the above (battery saving) settings were already done on my phone And still the above performance. I wonder what is the timelines taken by Nokia Care center to provide a resolution.

P.s. Thanks for the update. I was on parallel thoughts to sell-off the phone, battery was one of the main points I shifted away from Android, apart from many!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 9th January 2014 at 07:57.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:08   #1515
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone got this update in?
http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/...CIC_FBPAGE_CIC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks