Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2014, 16:36   #1591
BHPian

Oh no. Iphone is not of my taste. I also don't use much apps, but a lot of browsing.
Old 16th February 2014, 20:55   #1592
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
get the IPhone and all you problems will be solved. I have a Windows phone, but both my sons have IPhones, and they swear by it. By the way both of them switched from Android, the elder one six months ago and the younger one a week ago. If you want Apps and seamless OS functionality, IOS it is. For me Windows on Nokia makes more sense as I do not use Apps, except for Office, PDF and Google Mail.
Iphone is definitely not the best option if the requirement is for browsing and reading. I was on Note1 and now using an Iphone 5 and the one of the few things I miss is the huge real estate I used to get with my Note.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:03   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Iphone is definitely not the best option if the requirement is for browsing and reading. I was on Note1 and now using an Iphone 5 and the one of the few things I miss is the huge real estate I used to get with my Note.
The problem with a big screen is that it is too big as a Phone.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:39   #1594
BHPian

Yeah, that is right and exactky the reason I am looking to know the experience of people using it. Stores are not allowing to use an actual piece for more than a couple of min.
Old 17th February 2014, 15:03   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The problem with a big screen is that it is too big as a Phone.
Yeah, but then if your requirement needs a bigger screen there is nothing wrong in going for it. It's a personal choice and nothing can be generalized as too big or too small the way technology changes these days!
Old 17th February 2014, 21:47   #1596
Team-BHP Support

Oh man! After almost an year of usage, I just realised there are better browsers than IE on the WP8 platform!

Anyways, installed the UC Browser (link) and it worked well so far. Webpages load much much faster and there are several customisations and tweaks. Any better browsers other than the UC Browser?

Btw I just realised, when a notification appears (for instance, a WhatsApp message or an SMS) we could simply swipe the notification to the right from the home screen and it would go away. Never realised it until I accidentally swiped a notification recently. Previously I used to wait until it disappears which takes a few seconds. Do try it out in case you aren't aware of this!
Old 21st February 2014, 18:33   #1597
BHPian

Guys, today I got around 7 updates on my Nokia Lumia 925. One of the update is related to 'touch' application.

After applying updates, when I went to this touch app, there is a new addition which enables/disables the vibration of the std. windows keys. I disabled it and the std Windows keys (back, home and search) are not vibrating now. This is a good update. Please update your phone asap. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 21st February 2014 at 18:37.
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:04   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am using Nokia 5800XM with 16gb microsd from last 4 years (from 21/1/2010).

Reason, i have 56410 Pics related to cars & bikes in 984 folders.

Stock gallery displays all pics in one go & my mobile hangs.

So use Resco Image viewer app on 5800 which lets me to browse in folders & nested folders.

ex.
memory card > Autos folder > Brand folder > model folder > other folder
The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06792-medium.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06793.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06794.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06795.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06796.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06797.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06798.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06799.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-dsc06800.jpg
Now i want to upgrade to Lumia 1520, but i cant get any info on the availability of application similar to Resco image viewer.

Please help.

Rgds,
Nikhil

(Android has one app F‑Stop Media Gallery its got NESTED FOLDERS feature in paid version but i want to avoid android.)
Old 22nd February 2014, 20:21   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys, today I got around 7 updates on my Nokia Lumia 925. One of the update is related to 'touch' application.

After applying updates, when I went to this touch app, there is a new addition which enables/disables the vibration of the std. windows keys. I disabled it and the std Windows keys (back, home and search) are not vibrating now. This is a good update. Please update your phone asap. Thanks.
Another update which I got today related to the glance setting shows the notification on the lock screen i. e. email info on the lock screen in addition to the count also. Got a total of 11 updates since yesterday.
Old 23rd February 2014, 02:15   #1600
BHPian

Facing an irritating issue with my Lumia 525. Whatsapp was working fine until a couple of hours back when my phone stopped sending and receiving messages. The account settings showed connection status as "not connected" so I just re-installed the app.

Now after the initialisation part, my whatsapp is stuck on the "Creating favs" screen. Tried re-installing again but it doesn't work. Even rebooted the phone twice.

Any idea what to do? I find this very irritating. Tried on Vodafone 3G as well as my home wifi.
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:32   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Facing an irritating issue with my Lumia 525. Whatsapp was working fine until a couple of hours back when my phone stopped sending and receiving messages. The account settings showed connection status as "not connected" so I just re-installed the app.

Now after the initialisation part, my whatsapp is stuck on the "Creating favs" screen. Tried re-installing again but it doesn't work. Even rebooted the phone twice.

Any idea what to do? I find this very irritating. Tried on Vodafone 3G as well as my home wifi.
Try again. Maybe you were trying during the outage - http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/22/wha...tion-confirms/
Old 23rd February 2014, 14:05   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Try again. Maybe you were trying during the outage - http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/22/wha...tion-confirms/
Problem solved. Here's what I did.
Removed whatsapp, then removed my Google account which in turn deleted all my contacts from the phone.

Then reinstalled whatsapp and it started running in a flash. Once it was normal, I just synced my Google account again and got the contacts back. Then waited few minutes for whatsapp to get refreshed and now everything's working again.
Old 25th February 2014, 17:55   #1603
mxx
BHPian

does Lumia 525 have offline navigation for India? Do the India maps come preloaded or we have to download it?
Old 25th February 2014, 19:58   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
does Lumia 525 have offline navigation for India? Do the India maps come preloaded or we have to download it?
Yes it does and you need to download the maps. The complete India map is about 800+Mb. You also have the option of downloading maps state wise.
Old 25th February 2014, 20:36   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Now i want to upgrade to Lumia 1520, but i cant get any info on the availability of application similar to Resco image viewer.

Please help.

Rgds,
Nikhil

(Android has one app F‑Stop Media Gallery its got NESTED FOLDERS feature in paid version but i want to avoid android.)
The default Photos application on Windows Phone 8 gives you the facility of Nested Folders. You just need to connect to computer using USB cable and create any folders within Photos -> albums (on phone) that translates to Phone -> Pictures on Windows Explorer. Or you can just dump the entire hierarchy of pics as in your nested folders directly in the Windows phone and it should take it at that and navigate through it nested while browsing on the phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks