Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 18:24   #1741
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
The 925 is a great device and superior to the 930 in many ways.
Could you please elaborate? I'm currently using a Lumia 720 running 8.1 and am waiting to upgrade to the 930.
Old 26th June 2014, 18:36   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Could you please elaborate? I'm currently using a Lumia 720 running 8.1 and am waiting to upgrade to the 930.
Well, what I meant was that the 925 is superior to the 930 in its own categories. For example, it has SD Card support, glance, double tap to wake and cost on its side, but the 930 has a bigger and better amoled 1080p screen, a Snapdragon 800, possibly better graphics and a better camera. Please do upgrade to the 930, it is a worthy successor to the 925, but for the deals you are getting on it now, truly make it a great buy.
Old 26th June 2014, 19:38   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Well, what I meant was that the 925 is superior to the 930 in its own categories. For example, it has SD Card support, glance, double tap to wake and cost on its side, but the 930 has a bigger and better amoled 1080p screen, a Snapdragon 800, possibly better graphics and a better camera. Please do upgrade to the 930, it is a worthy successor to the 925, but for the deals you are getting on it now, truly make it a great buy.
925 does not have any SD card support/option.
Old 26th June 2014, 20:52   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
925 does not have any SD card support/option.
Oops, my bad! I just forgot that it doesn't, thanks for correcting me
Old 27th June 2014, 12:45   #1745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Quote:
Actually 930 is much more better than 925 in terms of specs including the camera. Basically 930 is the 1520 in a smaller package. So yes 930 is a good buy but its still not available in India.
Old 27th June 2014, 15:12   #1746
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the L720 on WP 8.1 for a while now. And every day i am discovering new features. One of the best features of Cortana is "REMIND ME WHEN I TALK TO ABC PERSON" Which i mocked heavily when I saw in their launch but ended up using it the most. Its such a nifty feature and you tend to remember important things when you talking to concerned person.

Another feature that i came across just today is the reminder feature. Eg. if you receive / send a sms / email etc, words like tomorrow, evening, etc are highlighted and by a simple tap on it will take you straight to the CORTANA / REMINDER page.

There are times when i email / sms someone saying "Call you tomorrow" and then i normally forget about it, by using this feature i tap on the word tomorrow and add it to my reminders. Makes life easy and dependable on CORTANA

Attaching the screen shot of the email i received & how i added it to my reminders.

Name:  wp_ss_20140627_0001.png
Views: 616
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  wp_ss_20140627_0002.png
Views: 591
Size:  27.4 KB

Regards,
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:17   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Ok just to update somehow Google contacts finally decided to get Synced in WP, maybe its a 8.1 feature I am not sure but Google asked me to add Windows Phone as a safe app and then I was able to sync contacts, email, calendar. Sometimes its strange how technology works!
Old 5th July 2014, 13:18   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Google asked me to add Windows Phone as a safe app and then I was able to sync contacts, email, calendar. Sometimes its strange how technology works!
Hi, I got a little confused here. You got the pop from Google while logged into gmail from PC or from phone?

Meaning, I have about 500 contacts in my Lumia 520 and I also have gmail account. Although I am able access gmail on the Lumia via the app built in the windows but, unlike Android, I don't see an option to sync it with gmail.

PS - I am still on WP 8
Old 7th July 2014, 11:47   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Hi, I got a little confused here. You got the pop from Google while logged into gmail from PC or from phone?

Meaning, I have about 500 contacts in my Lumia 520 and I also have gmail account. Although I am able access gmail on the Lumia via the app built in the windows but, unlike Android, I don't see an option to sync it with gmail.

PS - I am still on WP 8
I am on Windows 8.1. I just tried to add account through Settings, Google asked me if I want to add Windows Phone as a safe app once I confirmed the same, I was able to sync email, contacts and calendar.

Earlier when I was on WP 8, I used to get error 8007000E stating not enough space to sync message. So cant be sure what worked or if some coding has changed in WP 8.1.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:45   #1750
Distinguished - BHPian

I just grabbed a great deal on a pre-owned (2 weeks old) Lumia 630. Will be looking at the thread very closely.

One question I have is how can I bind the photos tile to the default pics provided by Nokia? Currently it's pulling all the images from WhatsApp. I don't prefer that though.
Old 7th July 2014, 15:52   #1751
BHPian

I am great fan of Nokia music. But from last week, Store option from Nokia music just disappeared along with Mix Radio. Setting menu shows that my voucher is valid till August 20. By the way, I am still on Lumia 800 (WP 7.8). Anyone facing this problem? I tried logging out / logging in, tried re-installing the app. But nothing is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
One question I have is how can I bind the photos tile to the default pics provided by Nokia? Currently it's pulling all the images from WhatsApp. I don't prefer that though.
This tile shows random photos from your phone. It seems you do not have many photos on your camera roll. Click some photos from your phone. Tile will start showing from your collection.

If you do not want to do this, you can try this, go to Pictures, invoke more options using that '...' symbol, select option 'Choose Background', now select one of default photo. This is how it works in WP7.8, it may be bit different in your phone with WP8.1. But, man, you are killing a 'live' tile !
Old 7th July 2014, 22:26   #1752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Haven't seen a setting in WP allowing pics from a certain folder to be displayed - but this option works. Select any set of pics and individually mark them as "favorite" - the live tile automatically focusses on the favorite pictures only (or most of the time).
Old 8th July 2014, 12:29   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday Nokia showed its tank like build quality prowess, the phone fell from about 4 feet height, nothing happened not even a small dent on the aluminum side band.

In other updates, found that the minimum focusing distance to take macro for 925 is around 4 inches, which I think is pretty close to most of the camera's. Here is a sample:

The Windows Phone Thread-wp_20140707_001.jpg

Last edited by motomaverick : 8th July 2014 at 12:33.
Old 8th July 2014, 12:59   #1754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Haven't seen a setting in WP allowing pics from a certain folder to be displayed - but this option works. Select any set of pics and individually mark them as "favorite" - the live tile automatically focusses on the favorite pictures only (or most of the time).
Yes, I noticed this feature. I think I'll have to download all those default pics and then make a new folder; tag it as "favourites".

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
...But, man, you are killing a 'live' tile !
The problem with LIVE tile is, I am on a group on WhatsApp and I have no idea what kinda pics are shared. I don't want anyone use the phone and then come across anything weird.
Old 8th July 2014, 15:20   #1755
Team-BHP Support

Is there an app that can analyse the amount of data consumed via Wi-Fi ?

The more details, the better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks