Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 15:56   #1576
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Has anyone using L920 with new Black update felt that camera is now slower to auto focus and even quality is little low now??

Also Cinemagraph export to GIF is tricky, doesnt work on Whatsapp..!
Old 4th February 2014, 16:46   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The 710 did not come with Gorilla Glass.
I did read that it did.
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_710-4276.php
http://www.wired.co.uk/reviews/mobil...2-02/nokia-710
Old 4th February 2014, 17:07   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Those specs are wrong. I know because it is my wife's previous phone and I still have it lying around. The feel of the glass is completely different.

http://www.nokia.com/in-en/phones/ph...pecifications/
Old 4th February 2014, 19:38   #1579
Senior - BHPian

An update is available for the offline maps. The entire India map download is about 837 Mb.

To update go to Settings > swipe left to right > Maps > Check for Updates.
Old 4th February 2014, 20:39   #1580
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK lumia 710 didn't have gorilla glass. At least it didn't not feel like one.

Getting along the 720. Really liked the Nokia Music app.
Old 5th February 2014, 00:14   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Has anyone using L920 with new Black update felt that camera is now slower to auto focus and even quality is little low now??

Also Cinemagraph export to GIF is tricky, doesnt work on Whatsapp..!
No, I haven't noticed any difference in speed. Works just the way it did before.

No idea regarding Cinemagraph app. Don't use it often.
Old 5th February 2014, 16:48   #1582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 710 did not come with Gorilla Glass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
AFAIK lumia 710 didn't have gorilla glass. At least it didn't not feel like one.
Quote:
Those specs are wrong. I know because it is my wife's previous phone and I still have it lying around. The feel of the glass is completely different.

http://www.nokia.com/in-en/phones/ph...pecifications/

The 710 does have gorilla glass. Its the 610 and 510 that did not come with it. Refer:

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/ph...pecifications/

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...okia-Lumia-710

Now dont tell me that the Indian versions dont get Gorilla glass Anyways mine was not brought here .
Old 7th February 2014, 12:53   #1583
BHPian

Today morning I updated my L720 with the Black update. It took just a little over 1 hour,but everything is perfect. All the update modules applicable to L720 were downloaded without a glitch and post the update, everything works just fine.
Especially the new Nokia Camera and Mix Radio. In fact, my L720 has become more, say Crispy and Fun to use, but that's just me.

I set up a WiFi hot spot at home without spending a penny :-). Using my HP AIO desktop PC, Tata Photon 3G and a free app called 'VirtualRouter'. Works pretty well.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:31   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
I set up a WiFi hot spot at home without spending a penny :-). Using my HP AIO desktop PC, Tata Photon 3G and a free app called 'VirtualRouter'. Works pretty well.
You don't need any app at all to setup a WiFi hotspot from your PC. You can just enable internet connection sharing.
Old 7th February 2014, 14:40   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have the 710 and would like to know if it is worth while switching to 720. Any comparisons would be welcome.
I think I saw someone else mention this in other post. Either go for the 625 or even the 525. The Lumia 725 is on its way to hit the shelf soon.
625 seems like a fantastic package to me. Great form factor and the phone feels good to hold in your hand.
Old 11th February 2014, 20:48   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Dad is using a Lumia 720 and was trying to stream some live content from a site and it gave the below message. The same site works perfectly well on my android and on laptop.

What's the possible solution to this?
Attached Thumbnails
The Windows Phone Thread-1392131905549.jpg  

Old 12th February 2014, 07:31   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
What's the possible solution to this?
Looks like to me like an incompatible media format. Try using Moliplayer Pro.
Old 15th February 2014, 19:49   #1588
Team-BHP Support

What's the best way to manage WP on a Mac? I'm using the WP App and under that, everything on my phone (music, videos, pictures) show up under Files; not under the Music, Pictures etc. labels respectively.

I guess for that to happen, pictures have to be synced via iPicture and so on.
Old 16th February 2014, 00:53   #1589
BHPian

I am too confused between 625 & 1320 and need your advice based on your experiences.

My need is a big screen for reading ebooks & browsing the net. This would be my primary phone, hence portability is of paramount importance (not obese like me!!!). Sunlight legibility & good display which will not strain eyes. Apart from the time I sleep, I either look at my laptop/ TV/ mobile.

Why am I inclined towards 1320? Better & bigger screen, better RAM, better camera, a newer product.
Why am I inclined towards 625? Better price. Is the difference justifying my uasge to go for 1320? Decent size, better portability - 4.7" is ok (I currently use 4.5" and I am ok with that too).

Will 625/ 1320/ 525 get Win 8.1 when released?

Question to give a wildcard entry for 525 - I can carry on with my current droid till it breaks apart and use it for net purpose. I cannot do away with my droid as that is needed to access my corporate mail (either droid or ios are only approved). Started looking for a new one as this droid is now having a broken screen (however, working fine). This will defenitely help me save a lot of moolah which can help me buy another droid when this totally breaks.

Last edited by Jakku : 16th February 2014 at 00:55.
Old 16th February 2014, 13:56   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
I am too confused between 625 & 1320 and need your advice based on your experiences.

My need is a big screen for reading ebooks & browsing the net. This would be my primary phone, hence portability is of paramount importance (not obese like me!!!). Sunlight legibility & good display which will not strain eyes. Apart from the time I sleep, I either look at my laptop/ TV/ mobile.

Why am I inclined towards 1320? Better & bigger screen, better RAM, better camera, a newer product.
Why am I inclined towards 625? Better price. Is the difference justifying my uasge to go for 1320? Decent size, better portability - 4.7" is ok (I currently use 4.5" and I am ok with that too).

Will 625/ 1320/ 525 get Win 8.1 when released?

Question to give a wildcard entry for 525 - I can carry on with my current droid till it breaks apart and use it for net purpose. I cannot do away with my droid as that is needed to access my corporate mail (either droid or ios are only approved). Started looking for a new one as this droid is now having a broken screen (however, working fine). This will defenitely help me save a lot of moolah which can help me buy another droid when this totally breaks.
get the IPhone and all you problems will be solved. I have a Windows phone, but both my sons have IPhones, and they swear by it. By the way both of them switched from Android, the elder one six months ago and the younger one a week ago. If you want Apps and seamless OS functionality, IOS it is. For me Windows on Nokia makes more sense as I do not use Apps, except for Office, PDF and Google Mail.

Last edited by Aroy : 16th February 2014 at 13:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks