Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 16:13   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Something could be up. Till today the phone update option never returned an error, currently it does.
Old 10th January 2014, 16:37   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Perfect. Most of the above (battery saving) settings were already done on my phone And still the above performance. I wonder what is the timelines taken by Nokia Care center to provide a resolution.

P.s. Thanks for the update. I was on parallel thoughts to sell-off the phone, battery was one of the main points I shifted away from Android, apart from many!
One day with 3G ,couple of mails even coperate, whatsapp, Fb and twitter and location service, Wifi on full time which is good.

3G is bad at Trivandrum coz of the terrain ( hills and valleys). Battery life is better with Edge.
Old 11th January 2014, 09:13   #1518
BHPian

Lumia Black update for my Lumia 925 was installed yesterday. So far everything is fine.
Old 11th January 2014, 09:28   #1519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Lumia Black update for my Lumia 925 was installed yesterday. So far everything is fine.
Ditto here. But hardly can see any difference, the app based improvements (camera, beamer, storyteller) was already available on the store.
Old 13th January 2014, 01:19   #1520
BHPian

Hello Windows phone experts.

My wifey planning to buy a new mobile phone and looking forward for me to take a decision and decide on the product. Since her budget is not more than 15K (including exchange offer with her old Samsung G Ace plus). Though she has a Samsung Galaxy SIII as well it is company provided and Ace plus is her personal device.

After her not so good experience with Samsung and heck of issues with hardly a 1.5 year old Ace plus, she now does not want to buy any samsung phone. Considering all that i narrowed down on none other than Nokia Lumia.

Couple of Lumia devices - i read some reviews on internet:

1) Nokia Lumia 625
2) Nokia Lumia 720

After some brief review and youtube videos i am pretty impressed with Nokia Lumia 625 and planning to buy it. My questions:

1) Should i go for it?
2) Any first hand reviews on Lumia 625 users on the forum will really help - Some parameters like Battery life, UI experience etc.
3) Read some CONS on the internet for Lumia 625 - Though it has impressive 4.7 inches display, it is poorly lit in sunlight. Is that true?
4)if I should prefer Lumia 720 over lumia 625, why should i? and if i should prefer Lumia some other model for the budget of 15K, which one and why?

Responses and feedback on the above will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 13th January 2014, 07:22   #1521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
1) Nokia Lumia 625
2) Nokia Lumia 720

Any first hand reviews on Lumia 625 users on the forum will really help - Some parameters like Battery life, UI experience etc.
Don’t know much about 720, but I’ve been using 625 for a few months now, and pretty impressed with what it offers. While there is a marked difference in resolution when compared with 925, I found the colours very natural. Regular camera is decent, while the front facing camera is mediocre. Build quality is excellent, and battery-life is good as well (always on 4G/WiFi).
Old 13th January 2014, 13:01   #1522
BHPian

Sony to come out with a Windows Phone. So one can choose between a Nokia and Sony soon
Old 13th January 2014, 19:38   #1523
Senior - BHPian

I'm a happy user of Lumia 720 for the past 4 months. It has been a nice experience shifting from Android Froyo to WP8.

The only issue that I find irksome is the inability to scroll over more than 100+ messages in a Whatsapp group, that I'd reported about some time ago.

I've complained about it to the Windows support team last week. After the usual automated response, someone mailed me for a full picture of the problem. After I explained the issue, they got back today stating that it is a known bug and that they are trying hard to resolve it in their next update.

Till then, fingers crossed!
Old 14th January 2014, 09:18   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ditto here. But hardly can see any difference, the app based improvements (camera, beamer, storyteller) was already available on the store.
Yup. The screen rotation part helps. I also read that you can group icons somewhere; can we?
Old 14th January 2014, 09:39   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Yup. The screen rotation part helps. I also read that you can group icons somewhere; can we?
For this to happen, you need to download an app from windows store called 'App Folder' and then add different apps to it and pin it to home screen. Hope this helps.
Old 14th January 2014, 10:51   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Lumia Black update rolling out for L920's and L820's. Confirmed on both devices.
Old 14th January 2014, 11:42   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For this to happen, you need to download an app from windows store called 'App Folder' and then add different apps to it and pin it to home screen. Hope this helps.
Just the app I badly needed! As usual, its Nokia exclusive and I've got an HTC 8X
Old 15th January 2014, 20:21   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hello Windows phone experts. My wifey planning to buy a new mobile phone and looking forward for me to take a decision and decide on the product. Since her budget is not more than 15K (including exchange offer with her old Samsung G Ace plus). Though she has a Samsung Galaxy SIII as well it is company provided and Ace plus is her personal device. After her not so good experience with Samsung and heck of issues with hardly a 1.5 year old Ace plus, she now does not want to buy any samsung phone. Considering all that i narrowed down on none other than Nokia Lumia. Couple of Lumia devices - i read some reviews on internet: 1) Nokia Lumia 625 2) Nokia Lumia 720 After some brief review and Youtube videos i am pretty impressed with Nokia Lumia 625 and planning to buy it. My questions: 1) Should i go for it? 2) Any first hand reviews on Lumia 625 users on the forum will really help - Some parameters like Battery life, UI experience etc. 3) Read some CONS on the internet for Lumia 625 - Though it has impressive 4.7 inches display, it is poorly lit in sunlight. Is that true? 4)if I should prefer Lumia 720 over lumia 625, why should i? and if i should prefer Lumia some other model for the budget of 15K, which one and why? Responses and feedback on the above will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Avoid 720. Nokia will soon release a new version, probably this summer. I suggest you go with 625.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:24   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone able to send SMS to multiple people at one go?
I am not.

Also one curious problem that I noticed is this:
I keep the phone's wi-fi switched on most of the times. (Home has wi-fi).
At office, we have wi-fi, but we are not supposed to use it.
So I get message like "wifi available. connect to it?" on my phone.
I swipe it aside, and hence do not connect.

When I return home (the wi-fi has been in the switched on condition all this while) - the phone should connect to the home wi-fi network ...
It doesn't!
I have to switch off the wifi and then turn it on to make it connect.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:34   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is anyone able to send SMS to multiple people at one go?
I am not.
Check the group text setting in messages hub and turn it Off. If its on, it tries with MMS and fails but if its off, it uses multiple text messages and works.

Most Viewed