Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 11:21   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

You mean to say the number shown in the contacts or the call history? They remain the same. No changes.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:02   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Can you please check if font for phone number of a contact is any bigger than earlier? or can it be resized/zoomed?

I have difficulty in reading phone number when I am outdoor. I have anyway downloaded Rapdialer kind of application which has got bigge font.
WP8 has an option to increase font size globally. I cannot understand why MS has not added such simple features in WP7.8
Old 20th December 2012, 13:10   #723
BHPian

Thanks Audioholic, Vikram.

Not sure why MS has not provided this, though this feedback was recorded and well voted on their site. This was something I hoping to be on 7.8.

New Homescreen is nice. For me, Ringtone maker and bluetooth file transfer is not so useful. Not sure if there is any other good feature.
Old 20th December 2012, 14:26   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You mean to say the number shown in the contacts or the call history? They remain the same. No changes.
Can you check if there is an Ease of Access in the Settings? The font size settings are available under this menu in WP8.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:56   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

In ease of access, there is just something called TTY/TTD and nothing else. Dont know what that is either.
Old 20th December 2012, 17:12   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In ease of access, there is just something called TTY/TTD and nothing else. Dont know what that is either.
Explanation of TTY/TTD

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5230442_tt...l-phones_.html
Old 27th December 2012, 22:53   #727
BHPian

http://www.wpsauce.com/2012/12/launc...620-india.html

"Nokia India is planning to launch Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 on 14th January next year and it will be available in 9 Major cities (including Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore)* initially. Why 14th January? On this day next year,*Makar Sankranti*
will be celebrated all across India"

(Posting from my phone. Sorry for the poor formatting)
Old 28th December 2012, 14:23   #728
BHPian

Hope the 620 lives up to huge expectations..
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lumia...2-317094.shtml
Quote:
Nokia has unveiled to the world only three devices running under Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 platform so far, but it seems that even the cheapest of them can deliver better web browsing than what other high-end smartphones have to offer.

We’re referring here to the entry-level Nokia Lumia 620 smartphone, which has got its browsing performance benchmarked recently, and which managed to impress a lot.

The handset did better than Samsung’s flagship Android-based Galaxy S III smartphone in two benchmarks for its web browser, namely SunSpider and BrowserMark 2.

Furthermore, just as GSMArena notes, the device scored close to Nokia’s mid-range and high-end Windows Phone 8 smartphones in these tests (while leaving HTC’s Windows Phone 8S behind), showing that users purchasing it will get great value for their money.
Old 28th December 2012, 15:19   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Hope the 620 lives up to huge expectations..
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lumia...2-317094.shtml
These benchmarks mean nothing. They can be tweaked in many ways to get the desired results.

And Nokia 620 beating S3 in couple of those benchmarks is a joke.
Old 28th December 2012, 16:13   #730
BHPian

^^ +1 . Nokia Lumia 620 beating S3 is a joke. These folks are paid to create this sort of false impression to the public.
Old 29th December 2012, 23:48   #731
Team-BHP Support

I was going through various forums for the effect of push vs. pull email on battery life. There are conflicting opinions - some say push obviously drains more battery while some say the push in WP ("as items arrive") is true Push and actually saves battery w.r.t pull.

Anyone got an idea?

My phone battery lasts barely 10 hrs; I really need to do something about conserving battery.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:01   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Same with my phone too. But I use whatsapp, play games, stay online in chat and browse, which I think is the most usage. However, if I disable chat, and switch off mobile data or wifi, I have had the battery last close to 26 hrs. These days, I am using the battery saver option. A 100% charge will give at least 20hrs of usage, except that I manually update mail but browse normally. So I think it is the background tasks that eat up the battery.
Old 30th December 2012, 14:29   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same with my phone too. But I use whatsapp, play games, stay online in chat and browse, which I think is the most usage. However, if I disable chat, and switch off mobile data or wifi, I have had the battery last close to 26 hrs. These days, I am using the battery saver option. A 100% charge will give at least 20hrs of usage, except that I manually update mail but browse normally. So I think it is the background tasks that eat up the battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I was going through various forums for the effect of push vs. pull email on battery life. There are conflicting opinions - some say push obviously drains more battery while some say the push in WP ("as items arrive") is true Push and actually saves battery w.r.t pull.

Anyone got an idea?

My phone battery lasts barely 10 hrs; I really need to do something about conserving battery.
I've noticed better battery life with pull for emails (with shorter update frequency for official mails and slightly longer frequency for personal mails. Also it helps when we are syncing only folders/labels that we really need. I'm still getting 12-15 hours from my almost 2 yr old HTC with normal usage with emails updated every 15-30 mins for 3 accounts and IE used frequently but no games/chat/music and manual update for most news apps.

Check the settings in the apps that you have installed too. Lot of the news/weather apps get updates frequently and the auto sync might not be too optimized for battery life.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:48   #734
BHPian

I bought a used i677(Focus Flash/Omnia) recently. It came with Windows 7.5 in it. Curious to know why Skype goes offline when I lock the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
The Windows Phone Thread-wp7.5.jpg  

Last edited by vinu_h : 7th January 2013 at 13:50.
Old 7th January 2013, 15:22   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I bought a used (Focus Flash/Omnia) recently. It came with Windows 7.5 in it. Curious to know why Skype goes offline when I lock the phone.
Windows puts apps in the background into sleep mode after a while to conserve battery and this messes up a lot of the apps. This sleep mode is what causes Skype to go offline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks