Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2012, 05:48   #556
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Edit: Any reply from the Whatsapp folks?
This is what I got today :

"Hi,

Thanks for your message. We are working with Microsoft to release an updated version of WhatsApp to the Windows Marketplace, and we hope that it will be available there very soon. The current version is secure, so if you still have it installed please continue to use it until the update is available. Sorry for any inconvenience."

A WP forum reported about 12hrs back that Whatsapp would be available within the next 48 hours; it sourced this info from someone at Nokia.
Old 11th August 2012, 10:37   #557
BHPian

The new version should be out tomorrow as per some forums and whatsapp i.e. Sunday

Whatsapp is back in the marketplace

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=218a...c-054cf4569a79

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th August 2012 at 10:25. Reason: Merging per request.
Old 26th August 2012, 20:34   #558
Team-BHP Support

I've been observing some new icons on the screen when I increase/decrease the volume or put it on Ringer/Silent mode.

These weren't there before.

And isn't that the wi-fi icon? Why is it there?
Attached Thumbnails
The Windows Phone Thread-screen.jpg  

Old 26th August 2012, 20:46   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I've been observing some new icons on the screen when I increase/decrease the volume or put it on Ringer/Silent mode.

These weren't there before.

And isn't that the wi-fi icon? Why is it there?
Even I have encountered same thing in my Samsung Omnia 7.

After pressing the sign below backward button it takes me to what's app.

One more thing I have noticed if I don't operate what's app this sign does not come and if what's app is operated after sometime I do notice this sign while using the volume button. Its strange but have you noticed something similar because this happened only after upgrading to new what's app version
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:28   #560
Team-BHP Support

I'm using my HTC HD7 (purchased in India) in the US.

I have noticed significantly slower charging time (it takes as much as 4 hours for a full charge) and the max. speed GPRS works on is E; although I have set the option on 3G and even 4G is available where I stay.

A friend mentioned that this could be because the ROM is for India. He suggested we unlock the phone and install the USA ROM. Makes sense?

Any advantages/disadvantages of the same?
Old 4th September 2012, 10:51   #561
BHPian

^ OT: US has low voltage problem. They just get 110V compared to 230 Volts in India. So the charging is taking more time. :-)

Seriously, I have no clue. Logically ROM should not have any impact on charging time. It may have impact on how charge is retained for longer time. Have you tried changing Charger?

Are other people in your area, who use GSM, also have problem related to data speed? Not all areas of US have good GSM connectivity. (Atleast it was that way when I last visited there in 2004)
Old 4th September 2012, 14:34   #562
Senior - BHPian

The Whatsapp notifications on the volume screen are for playing Audio Messages if you have any.

Libran - Are you using the OEM charger that came with the phone? Regarding the 3G problem, I think it is related to the radio version installed on your phone which will be India specific and I'm not talking about the FM Radio app.
Old 4th September 2012, 20:23   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
^ OT: US has low voltage problem. They just get 110V compared to 230 Volts in India. So the charging is taking more time. :-)

Seriously, I have no clue. Logically ROM should not have any impact on charging time. It may have impact on how charge is retained for longer time. Have you tried changing Charger?

Are other people in your area, who use GSM, also have problem related to data speed? Not all areas of US have good GSM connectivity. (Atleast it was that way when I last visited there in 2004)
Another guy using the same phone and same provider (AT&T) could manage only E too.

Although others on the Galaxy series (and hence Android) and same provider are using 4G LTE.

Quote:
Libran - Are you using the OEM charger that came with the phone? Regarding the 3G problem, I think it is related to the radio version installed on your phone which will be India specific and I'm not talking about the FM Radio app.
I'm using the USB cable and an adapter (Output : 5.0V DC, 1.0A).

And.. the radio version! So, do I need to install the one for USA?

Any pointers on how I should do that please?
Old 4th September 2012, 20:45   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

And.. the radio version! So, do I need to install the one for USA?

Any pointers on how I should do that please?
here are some
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1205761

you might want to research and see which rom works best in your area and for your carrier. a lot of times its just trial and error.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:53   #565
BHPian

Nokia has announced some really gorgeous looking and excellently specced WM8 phones yesterday:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_world-review-808.php

I am looking to change my phone (currently using a Samsung Wave S8500) and will look out for the Lumia 920. No prior experience with WM OS but willing to try something new.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:40   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Nokia has announced some really gorgeous looking and excellently specced WM8 phones yesterday:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_world-review-808.php

I am looking to change my phone (currently using a Samsung Wave S8500) and will look out for the Lumia 920. No prior experience with WM OS but willing to try something new.
Also be on the lookout for this. The Samsung Ativ S, brilliant looking phone in my opinion.

http://www.samsung.com/global/ativ/ativ_s.html
Old 6th September 2012, 12:49   #567
BHPian

Vikram - Thanks for posting the link to the Ativ S. One of my criteria is that the phone should stand out. I was going in for the Xperia Arc S (I know I am pretty much all over the place as far as OS/manufactureres are concerned) because of its brilliant and elegant design and imaging capabilities. If not for the 920 announcement I would have most probably bought the Arc S within this week. The 920 gives me something to look forward to. The Ativ S looks good but not as good as the Lumia 920 (totally subjective). I want a yellow Lumia 920 so based on that one would say the Ativ S looks a bit plain
Old 9th September 2012, 09:24   #568
BHPian

Friends have anyone of you faced this issue with the Lumia 800 phone? My earpiece, loudspeaker and also the headset doesnt make any sound during the call. The mic works fine, the person at the other end can hear my voice but I cant hear theirs. I ran diagnostics tool ##634# and tested the earpiece, headset and speakerphone and all work fine. Even music player works fine. Im just not able to hear the voice by any means during phone calls.

Any suggestions?
Old 9th September 2012, 10:17   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Friends have anyone of you faced this issue with the Lumia 800 phone? My earpiece, loudspeaker and also the headset doesnt make any sound during the call. The mic works fine, the person at the other end can hear my voice but I cant hear theirs. I ran diagnostics tool ##634# and tested the earpiece, headset and speakerphone and all work fine. Even music player works fine. Im just not able to hear the voice by any means during phone calls.

Any suggestions?
Strange issue. First suggestion is to try doing a hard reset and if that does not solve the problem then I'm afraid that it might be a hardware issue.
Old 9th September 2012, 11:21   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Strange issue. First suggestion is to try doing a hard reset and if that does not solve the problem then I'm afraid that it might be a hardware issue.
By hard reset do you mean factory reset? Looks like software bug itself. Actually the error happened during a call itself when suddenly I couldnt hear the person. None of the alternatives worked.
Should i backup my photographs and videos before the hard reset or will they stay on the phone?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks