Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 14:17   #1966
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I could but point is it's really lame and extra work just for removing an account.

Music player with above functions anyone?
Try Extreme Music..

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...3-998630d20dff
Old 29th October 2014, 22:38   #1967
Senior - BHPian

My official E-Mail uses Microsoft Outlook. I am trying to get it to sync with my phone, but I am not able to.

Any tips on how to do this?

It uses Exchange and not Office 365.

I know details are vague, only problem is, I am not sure what is to be posted on a forum and what is not. It is my first job, so pardon the ignorance! :P
Old 29th October 2014, 23:55   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
My official E-Mail uses Microsoft Outlook. I am trying to get it to sync with my phone, but I am not able to.
! :P
So typically your phone would not be in the same network as your office PC. So it is generally not possible to connect your phone to get emails unless your employer allows it. Typically the IT department should tell you how to do it.
Old 30th October 2014, 04:42   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Thanks! This seems to do it both. However, it seems your link was for WP 8. I installed the one for 8.1.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th October 2014 at 04:43.
Old 30th October 2014, 06:53   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any tips on how to do this?

It uses Exchange and not Office 365.

I know details are vague, only problem is, I am not sure what is to be posted on a forum and what is not. It is my first job, so pardon the ignorance! :P
You just need to provide the exchange server name and the login credentials in the mail settings. Nothing else is needed unless there is any restriction in your org for syncing mails to external devices. In case you can't find your exchange url, check in your outlook settings. It should be there somewhere.
Old 30th October 2014, 08:16   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
So typically your phone would not be in the same network as your office PC. So it is generally not possible to connect your phone to get emails unless your employer allows it. Typically the IT department should tell you how to do it.
I can view mails using the Web Access URL. I don't even have a PC yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
You just need to provide the exchange server name and the login credentials in the mail settings. Nothing else is needed unless there is any restriction in your org for syncing mails to external devices. In case you can't find your exchange url, check in your outlook settings. It should be there somewhere.
Login credentials is the hiccup I think. There is the E-Mail ID the goes like Ashwin.Terminator@xx.xxxxx.com and there is the Employee ID which is what I use to login to the Outlook Web Access page. The phone says that the mvi.xxxxxxxx.net is not configured properly, so it doesn't sync.
Old 31st October 2014, 15:10   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Login credentials is the hiccup I think. There is the E-Mail ID the goes like Ashwin.Terminator@xx.xxxxx.com and there is the Employee ID which is what I use to login to the Outlook Web Access page. The phone says that the mvi.xxxxxxxx.net is not configured properly, so it doesn't sync.
Other than what Zenren has suggested, you need to get ActiveSync enabled for your email id. This can be done by Exchange administrator of your company.

You can try same address that you use to access webmail as exchange server address. In case of my company, both address are same (webmail.company.com). Login credential should be also same as what you use for webmail.

But even if login credential and Exchange address are correct, you will not be able to access your emails unless ActiveSync is not enabled. Some companies require mobile phone to be registered for BYOD to access emails on phone.
Old 2nd November 2014, 14:24   #1973
BHPian

Guys what's your take on the Lumia 630? My father needs a backup phone and I'm planing on gifting him a 630.

It's available for Rs. 6999 on snapdeal.

Is it worth it and are there better deals available on the same?

Last edited by Enigmatic : 2nd November 2014 at 14:26.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:43   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm also installing the critical update now. By the look of it based on the description and the forced update warning that says it would forcefully update on 28th if it is not installed by then, here are the possibilities that I can think of:
I just checked and saw I wasn't on Black but a version called Denim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
An update is available for the offline maps. The entire India map download is about 837 Mb.

To update go to Settings > swipe left to right > Maps > Check for Updates.

Thanks Vikram

Last edited by jkdas : 11th November 2014 at 10:44.
Old 11th November 2014, 14:45   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I have positively deleted the first entered gmail ID from Android devices. There can be no justification for not allowing that. Supposing you need to give phone to service centre? Or to someone else for temporary use? This is incredibly lame policy by MS.
If you have to give it to the service center, just log out from the phone and then go the Microsoft site and change your password.

On second thoughts why dont you try this ?
Re-set your password > Phone not able to log on > See if it then allows you to edit the email id.

Last edited by Fillmore : 11th November 2014 at 14:47.
Old 11th November 2014, 22:32   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
This is apparently due to an issue with Extras+Info. I think an update might be out for it as well. Do check.
Old 12th November 2014, 11:23   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How are you running denim whereas my 925 still is on cyan? My dad's 730 too got denim from factory so I thought it was preloaded. Did you get an update?
Old 12th November 2014, 11:35   #1978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
How are you running denim whereas my 925 still is on cyan? My dad's 730 too got denim from factory so I thought it was preloaded. Did you get an update?
Yeah, I too was only aware of the various x30 phone coming preloaded with the Denim update. This support page also only talks about the Cyan firmware being the latest for the non x30 phones.
Old 16th November 2014, 21:22   #1979
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Got a new lumia 730 for my wife. Phone is amazingly fast and refreshing. However fb app is broken. Photos are not visible. Neither will it upload. By the way it's on 8.1 denim
Old 17th November 2014, 10:13   #1980
BHPian

Got a notification yesterday that an update is available for my Lumia 920(I'm running 8.1 Preview for developers). Updated promptly and now see that network options also has 4G in it. Anybody else noticed this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks