Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:55   #9946
BANNED

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
I am looking for a feature phone under 4000/- for my mom. She will use only the basic features like making and receiving calls. Any suggestions ?
Why do you need a feature phone for just for making and receiving calls? A Nokia 1000 @ Rs 1200 should be perfect.
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:08   #9947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
I am looking for a feature phone under 4000/- for my mom. She will use only the basic features like making and receiving calls. Any suggestions ?
Get your Mom something like the Nokia Asha 206. The letters are bigger as is the keyboard. It will be easier to handle for older people.
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:31   #9948
BHPian

hows the lumia 720?
have heard cases of screen freeze!!

usage will basically be for calls.
no gaming or intensive browsing!
Old 24th July 2013, 17:59   #9949
BHPian

The time has come to pick up a new phone (Budget max. 25K).
Looking for a Windows 8 Phone. I have Android on my Galaxy Tab hence not looking for another Android device.
I was all set to pick up a Nokia 720 or 820. My normal process is to Google for issues on the product I plan to buy.
So to my surprise I find that there seems to be some kind of call quality issue going on in with the 820, 720, 620 and a few 920.
I wanted to check if any users of these devices are there on the forum and if they could share their usage experience, mainly on call quality.
Another query is for HTC 8x or 8s users out there, how is the call quality and overall performance of these devices.
Please do share your valuable inputs.
Old 24th July 2013, 20:31   #9950
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Try here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ne-thread.html
Old 24th July 2013, 22:29   #9951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
The time has come to pick up a new phone (Budget max. 25K).
Looking for a Windows 8 Phone. I have Android on my Galaxy Tab hence not looking for another Android device.
I was all set to pick up a Nokia 720 or 820. My normal process is to Google for issues on the product I plan to buy.
So to my surprise I find that there seems to be some kind of call quality issue going on in with the 820, 720, 620 and a few 920.
I wanted to check if any users of these devices are there on the forum and if they could share their usage experience, mainly on call quality.
Another query is for HTC 8x or 8s users out there, how is the call quality and overall performance of these devices.
I have a 920. Though I dislike it for other reasons such as lack of availability of native apps, call quality has been excellent. Nokia can never go wrong with that.
Old 26th July 2013, 14:07   #9952
BHPian

Guys any ideas regarding Huawei Ascend Y300? How is the performance and reliability? Assuming Huawei will be better than brands like Lava and Karbonn, do we have alternatives?
Old 26th July 2013, 15:33   #9953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
hows the lumia 720?
have heard cases of screen freeze!!

usage will basically be for calls.
no gaming or intensive browsing!
My brother has a 720 and he did complain of screen freezes a couple of times, resolved by a simple restart.

It's a great phone otherwise. What I absolutely love about 720:
- camera (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3144883 I shot these using 720)
- battery life (lasts one full day even on heavy usage, use it occasionally and it can even live for 2 full days)
Old 26th July 2013, 15:49   #9954
BHPian

Was looking out for a phone for my wife to replace her Samsung Galaxy Ace. In the end I had narrowed it down to a choice between the Nexus 4 and the Sony Xperia ZR. Being a galaxy Nexus user myself, I was leaning towards the N4 but the thing that held me back was the glass back on the phone. My wife has dropped her Ace quite a few times and I was sure that the rear glass of the N4 would not have lasted long.

So I ordered the ZR from Flipkart today using the 10% cash back offer on Citibank credit cards. Phone costs Rs. 27,999/- and after cash back that would work out to Rs. 25,200/- which is around the same price as the N4. Of course, the N4 is available with the cash back offer too.
Old 26th July 2013, 16:13   #9955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Was looking out for a phone for my wife to replace her Samsung Galaxy Ace. In the end I had narrowed it down to a choice between the Nexus 4 and the Sony Xperia ZR. Being a galaxy Nexus user myself, I was leaning towards the N4 but the thing that held me back was the glass back on the phone. My wife has dropped her Ace quite a few times and I was sure that the rear glass of the N4 would not have lasted long.

So I ordered the ZR from Flipkart today using the 10% cash back offer on Citibank credit cards. Phone costs Rs. 27,999/- and after cash back that would work out to Rs. 25,200/- which is around the same price as the N4. Of course, the N4 is available with the cash back offer too.
Being a Nexus 4 user i can say you made the right choice as the back is of glass and will certainly break if dropped. Do post a small review how ZR is after using it for a few days.
Old 26th July 2013, 20:40   #9956
BHPian

Can a further reduction in ZR/ Z price could be possible at Flipkart; i'm planning to go for either of two ? guys, PLEASE ADVICE

Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 19:03   #9957
BHPian

Do you guys know of any place where the Galaxy S3 could be bought brand-new for <25k? I'm sorta finding it hard to convince my dad to give me 27k which is the S3's prevalent price.
Old 28th July 2013, 19:55   #9958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Do you guys know of any place where the Galaxy S3 could be bought brand-new for <25k? I'm sorta finding it hard to convince my dad to give me 27k which is the S3's prevalent price.
There are exchange offers going on if you have an older phone to get rid off. Samsung Note 2 is offered for 10K off on exchange. Don't know the exchange for S3. Check with dealers in BLR. In Chennai, Univercell and other leading dealers are offering this.
Old 28th July 2013, 20:19   #9959
Distinguished - BHPian

The excahange is for smart phones, with smart phones. So if your old phone is not a smart phone, then this offer is not applicable.
Old 28th July 2013, 20:33   #9960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The excahange is for smart phones, with smart phones. So if your old phone is not a smart phone, then this offer is not applicable.
I've got a Galaxy Ace.

Vivriti : the Note 2 is 27k after the discount. :/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks