Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 20:33   #9871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

Are you referring to this - http://www.flipkart.com/htc-one-v-t3...mdkaahhceewugf

The guy at Croma told me that this is a discontinued model. Is it better than the different HTC Desire Variants?

Yes I am talking about this model only. This is available at flipkart; don't know if it is really discontinued or salesperson is giving wrong info. You may also consider Sony Xperia Sola and Samsung Galaxy Advance. HTC desire is also good and phone specs are same as in One V except that Desire is dual sim phone

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th June 2013 at 20:54.
Old 11th June 2013, 20:55   #9872
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

I have recently bought a new battery for my Xperia X10 from Ebay.in.
While going through the description on the webpage, it was recommending me to charge 100% and discharge the phone completely for 2-3 times so that the Battery placing orderIs it
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 BST-41 1500 mAh Battery.
Quote:
Important: New Lithium Ion batteries must be FULLY CHARGED and FULLY DISCHARGED 2 to 3 times, before being FULLY CONDITIONED. Please remember that a new Lithium-Ion battery’s full performance and longevity is only achieved after 2 to 3 complete charge and discharge cycles. After you go through 2 to 3 cycles, you’ll never have to condition your battery again!
Is this true? Should I follow this?
I know but still want to confirm whether really am I?
Old 11th June 2013, 21:01   #9873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
but still want to confirm whether really am I?
Yes, that's the case with lithium ion batteries.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th June 2013 at 21:03.
Old 12th June 2013, 12:15   #9874
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yes I am talking about this model only. This is available at flipkart; don't know if it is really discontinued or salesperson is giving wrong info. You may also consider Sony Xperia Sola and Samsung Galaxy Advance. HTC desire is also good and phone specs are same as in One V except that Desire is dual sim phone
I check with few shops - looks like the other model is really discontinued. Anyway HTC Desire X seems to be a single SIM Phone.

My main issue with going for a Dual SIM is this - long back I had a Dual SIM phone (normal phone not a smart phone) - for any task I had to go through an extra step of chosing the SIM - i.e. if want to send an SMS - after typing, when I select the Person to send it two - it gave me a choice of Sending through SIM1 or SIM2 - this was even when I had just 1 SIM in the phone. This was rather irritating - do current dual SIMs also have this issue?

Another question is - if I have a 3G data plan - but want to work on 2G - is there a setting on the HTC Desire X to turn off 3G & just use 2G - is this possible? I think iPhone has such a setting - but do normal Android phones have such a setting. Also when I go to a place with no 3G - does the phone automatically switch to 2G?

Also how much should I expect to pay for a scratch guard and also a carcharger - what are the good brands?
Old 12th June 2013, 13:29   #9875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I check with few shops - looks like the other model is really discontinued. Anyway HTC Desire X seems to be a single SIM Phone.

My main issue with going for a Dual SIM is this - long back I had a Dual SIM phone (normal phone not a smart phone) - for any task I had to go through an extra step of chosing the SIM - i.e. if want to send an SMS - after typing, when I select the Person to send it two - it gave me a choice of Sending through SIM1 or SIM2 - this was even when I had just 1 SIM in the phone. This was rather irritating - do current dual SIMs also have this issue?
I never used dual sim phones so won't be able to answer this query. Requesting other dual sim phone owners to please shed some light.

Quote:
Another question is - if I have a 3G data plan - but want to work on 2G - is there a setting on the HTC Desire X to turn off 3G & just use 2G - is this possible? I think iPhone has such a setting - but do normal Android phones have such a setting. Also when I go to a place with no 3G - does the phone automatically switch to 2G?
Yes this is possible you can select between GSM and WCDMA mode and vice versa to switch between 2g and 3g.

Quote:
Also how much should I expect to pay for a scratch guard and also a carcharger - what are the good brands?
Screen guard will be around 100-200 depending on the brand.

Try flipkart and you will get an idea about prices of car chargers of good brands with higher ratings.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:39   #9876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Any Idea where i can buy a good cover for N4 , which one are you using .LG shopee has no stock .

Maybe a tad too late in replying, but you are still looking for one I'd suggest getting the Nillkin flip type cover for your N4

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-nillkincolorfulultraslimhardskinforlgnexus4casefreescreenprotector.jpg

You can order it through ebay or aliexpress. I have being using this for my N4 since 5 months now. Its just perfect. Ali delivered it in 20 days all for INR 700. No customs too.

Cheers!!!
Old 15th June 2013, 19:45   #9877
BHPian

After experiencing the voice clarity and strong network coverage of CDMA , I have decided to migrate from GSM to CDMA. This is my first post from my new HTC Desire VC (CDMA) using T-BHP Android App. Currently, I am using my colleague's Reliance CDMA connection. For my MNP, I have a choice between Reliance CDMA, Tata DoCoMo CDMA and BSNL CDMA. Please guide me, about which among these three has the best services and strong network for CDMA.

Secondly, how to configure EVDO on my phone (HTC Desire VC)? Is it pre-activated on every Reliance (or DoCoMo et al) or do I need to get it activated separately.

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 15th June 2013 at 19:54.
Old 15th June 2013, 20:09   #9878
BHPian

Re: Who uses CDMA @ TeamBhp

Gave up on cdma recently as reliance network became pathetic day by day. No new cdma towers were added ever since Reliance GSM expansion was started, leading to such things like calls taking long to connect and recieve & patchy network (as against very strong signal a few years ago)
Old 15th June 2013, 20:20   #9879
BHPian

Re: Who uses CDMA @ TeamBhp

Been using reliance cdma for last 8 years, except for lack of good phones pretty happy with connectivity. I use both mobile + data card
Old 18th June 2013, 10:18   #9880
BHPian

Any scoops of specifications of MMX Canvas 4?? I am interested
Old 18th June 2013, 10:34   #9881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are a couple of dual SIM phones in my family. None of them are smartphones though. But they have a setting where we can actually disable one of the two SIM slots. It has two benefits:
1. It does not drain your battery looking for another SIM.
2. The SIM selection prompts do not appear anymore.

Quote:
Yes. There is a "Use 2G networks only" setting as well.

Quote:
My suggestion for scratch guard. Get the cheapest ones (around Rs. 100). Paying more does not get you anything extra.
In most cases, you will have to change the film every 6-8 months, with some rough use.
Old 18th June 2013, 10:35   #9882
BHPian

If you do a search, the spec's of the Canvas 4 are a replica of the Galaxy S4.

The only difference being that the battery offered will be 3000 mAH and of course this will be a dual Sim

Cheers
Old 18th June 2013, 10:40   #9883
BHPian

Hi anyone here facing problems with apple iphone 4s which is always in no service mode when indoors or in places where range is low?Any suggestions on how to resolve this are most welcome.
Old 18th June 2013, 10:48   #9884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am deciding on a smartphone for Rs. 15000 (hard limit - can't be stretched even by a rupee). One choice is Lumia620 about which I have posted on the Windows Phone Thread. My 2nd choice is a HTC Android - what's the best HTC Android I can get for up to 15000.

My priorities are
1) Call Quality (should be as good as a Nokia)
2) Call Quality
3) Call Quality
4) Battery Life
5) Stability of the OS
6) Phone should be atleast as rugged as a Nokia.
7) Company's Exchange Email - should be smooth and easy - as good as it is in a Lumia
8) Banking apps like ICICI i-safe should run smooth.

I am not into gaming.
I don't care about the camera.
I don't care for most other apps.

So with only 3 unchangeable parameters (HTC, Android and 15000 hard limit) what HTC model do people recommend and why?
Just read your requirements:
For 1, 2, 3 and 6 - Motorola is your friend.
If you are comfortable with online shopping, have a look at Atrix 4G and Atrix 2. They are between 11 and 13K here.
For all other requirements, all Android phones are almost the same.

Atrix 2 does have a 1785 mAh battery

Last edited by S_U_N : 18th June 2013 at 10:50.
Old 18th June 2013, 10:52   #9885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
If you do a search, the spec's of the Canvas 4 are a replica of the Galaxy S4.

The only difference being that the battery offered will be 3000 mAH and of course this will be a dual Sim

Cheers
Are they using the cheaper MT6589 chipset or putting in Samsung's pseudo Octacore CPU? Very impressive if they're putting in 2 gigs of RAM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks