Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 07:02   #9931
BANNED

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
Hi friends, I have a query. I recently lost my Nokia Lumia 620 phone in which I had my office e mails configured. So my query is will someone who found it will be able to put a new sim and use it or since it's encrypted no one will be able to use it? I know I will not get my phone back but I will be a little happy knowing that the person who robbed it cannot use it.
Are you worried if the person can use your phone or whether he can read your email? If it's the second, then change your email's password - that will stop any new emails from downloading.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:21   #9932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
I will be a little happy knowing that the person who robbed it cannot use it.
Have Office IT issue a remote wipe for this phone. That will ensure that no one can access emails and office docs stored on phone.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:23   #9933
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm considering getting a Lumia 520. Any other suggestions that would support flash and real time updating of websites? Internet experience is the first priority.
Old 5th July 2013, 11:41   #9934
BHPian

I don't think a lumia would support flash. Adobe has stopped mobile support for flash and even the newer versions of android do not have flash. One of the best Internet experience is still the iOS but the Lumia is not far behind. Go ahead with the 520 if you are not a whatsapp user. Whatsapp is still not working properly on windows phone.
Old 5th July 2013, 23:51   #9935
Senior - BHPian

The Phone did not switch off after that till date. Might be My Better Half accidentally pressed Power Button for too long and the phone got switched off (she use to see the time on my phone).
Thanks for your help Mayank.
Old 6th July 2013, 01:36   #9936
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Hi guys,
I'm considering getting a Lumia 520. Any other suggestions that would support flash and real time updating of websites? Internet experience is the first priority.
Internet Explorer is one solid browser. Just no flash. And flash sucks big time no matter what mobile device you use it on. It works best with a mouse and a proper windows machine.
Old 6th July 2013, 08:06   #9937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Internet Explorer is one solid browser. Just no flash. And flash sucks big time no matter what mobile device you use it on. It works best with a mouse and a proper windows machine.
+1 to that. I've switched many browsers on my Xperia S, no browser on Android comes close to IE on WP8 on my Lumia 920. I still keep switching browsers on my Galaxy Tab, but wont need any alternate on WP.
Old 7th July 2013, 18:32   #9938
BHPian

Hi Anybody know the the best price of the HTC one here ?? I have been Offered a 4G version (The one available in india is 3G) for 38k from a friend of mine who recently brought it from the middle east (1 week Used developer version).
Old 7th July 2013, 23:10   #9939
BHPian

Any Lumia 520 users out there? I've heard the phone overheats a lot as compared to the others. Going to get one soon, so need your advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Hi Anybody know the the best price of the HTC one here ?? I have been Offered a 4G version (The one available in india is 3G) for 38k from a friend of mine who recently brought it from the middle east (1 week Used developer version).
It's around 43K according to flipkart.
Check this link: http://www.flipkart.com/htc-one-801e...d-bc4dac9ddaaa.
It's a very good phone indeed, so go ahead.
Old 8th July 2013, 08:34   #9940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
I would suggest pay almost the same price and get a new phone with bill and warranty. Mostly the developer pieces are without bill and it will be tough to get warranty in india especially. Wait for an indiatimes midnight deal and you can get a new htc one for around 39k.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:16   #9941
BHPian

Have cancelled my Canvas 4 booking and applied for refund. The specs are same as Canvas HD barring the camera and a few fancy features. Guys plz suggest any other phone which has Quad core,2 Gb RAM, min 8 MP camera,5" HD screen and JB 4.2. I can only think of Canvas HD.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:43   #9942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
suggest any other phone which has Quad core,2 Gb RAM, min 8 MP camera,5" HD screen and JB 4.2. I can only think of Canvas HD.
Nexus 4 ticks msot of these boxes. Costs approx 26k.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:52   #9943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Any Lumia 520 users out there? I've heard the phone overheats a lot as compared to the others. Going to get one soon, so need your advice.

It's around 43K according to flipkart.
Check this link: http://www.flipkart.com/htc-one-801e...d-bc4dac9ddaaa.
It's a very good phone indeed, so go ahead.
A few of my friends are using Lumia 520 and are pretty satisfied with it. Also since they are using folding covers, they haven't complained of heating. I think it is one of the best budget smartphones around in Windows platform.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:54   #9944
BHPian

I am looking for a feature phone under 4000/- for my mom. She will use only the basic features like making and receiving calls. Any suggestions ?
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:26   #9945
BHPian

Looking for a QWERTY phone with a decent cam (3MP+). Not interested in Blackberry, that leaves me with 2 options - Nokia Asha 302 or HTC ChaCha

Nokia comes with a 1Ghz processor but S40, HTC comes with an older flavor of Android. I am inclined towards the Nokia simply because I have been an Eseries user and find it easy to use. Any suggestions? Budget is max 10-11k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks