Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:50   #11461
BANNED

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
3 x 1.2m cables are INR 360/-
Can you share a link - couldn't find it on Amazon.

Quote:
If you desire absolute performance, look no further than Blue Rigger. One micro USB cable will cost you the same as 3 Aukey cables.
By performance, are you referring to data speed or durability. I am not interested in speed or whatever, I use these solely for charging.
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:27   #11462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Can you share a link - couldn't find it on Amazon.
AUKEY

Link

Link

Link

Quote:
By performance, are you referring to data speed or durability. I am not interested in speed or whatever, I use these solely for charging.
BLUE RIGGER

Link

Blue Rigger is for build quality, which takes care of data speeds as well as charging.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 3rd January 2020 at 10:41.
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:47   #11463
BANNED

Quote:
AUKEY

Thank you for the link. Ordered.
Old 4th January 2020, 07:37   #11464
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking to buy a mobile phone for my mother who will use it for some surfing, WhatsApp and lots of photos. She has a slight tremor. She's presently using an iPhone 5s and does not complain, but i think she needs a much bigger screen. With a budget of upto 15000 rs, which phone would be best for her. I've shortlisted the Samsung M30S, note pro 8, mi A3. Whe will use it atleast for 3 years. An easy interface is a must. A clear display is a must. A good camera (quick to take pictures) is very desirable.
Any recommendations?
Old 4th January 2020, 08:43   #11465
BHPian

In my opinion, Samsung M30S is the best in this segment. Super amoled full HD screen and 6000 mAH battery. The only negative is that backside is plastic. (Although it doesn't look like plastic which is a good thing). So it doesn't look premium. Since its for your mother, it may not matter.

Note pro 8 is IPS LCD screen. (Its full HD though). mi A3 is not full HD ( Its super amoled though).
In terms of looks, note 8 pro ( and note 8 too) is the best in this range. The white variant with those aluminium frames, looks very premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm looking to buy a mobile phone for my mother who will use it for some surfing, WhatsApp and lots of photos. She has a slight tremor. She's presently using an iPhone 5s and does not complain, but i think she needs a much bigger screen. With a budget of upto 15000 rs, which phone would be best for her. I've shortlisted the Samsung M30S, note pro 8, mi A3. Whe will use it atleast for 3 years. An easy interface is a must. A clear display is a must. A good camera (quick to take pictures) is very desirable.
Any recommendations?
Old 11th January 2020, 09:39   #11466
BHPian

Hi all, I need some feedback regarding OnePlus phones. Does anyone here use a 7 Pro or a 7T? Could you please tell me how your experience has been so far? Would you recommend waiting for the Oneplus 8 or buy a phone now in the upcoming Amazon sale?
Old 11th January 2020, 12:15   #11467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Hi all, I need some feedback regarding OnePlus phones. Does anyone here use a 7 Pro or a 7T? Could you please tell me how your experience has been so far? Would you recommend waiting for the Oneplus 8 or buy a phone now in the upcoming Amazon sale?
I have been using a One Plus 7T for almost a month. I bought it on the way to the airport before a lovely 3-week long vacation. I upgraded very reluctantly from an ageing iPhone. I last used Android on a Samsung S3 & S5 and shifted to IOS in early 2016. I won't lie the first few days, I was cursing myself thinking what have i gone and bought. But a couple of weeks later it has grown on me immensely. The experience has been brilliant thus far. I can't believe how ignorant I have been about OnePlus and how far they have come since the early models. The things which mean the most to me - screen quality, storage, battery life, super fast charging - it has impressed me immensely. Another bonus is the camera, its quite good (atleast the main sensor is very very good). The other two sensors stumble once in a while. The camera is not as consistent as an iPhone or a Pixel 3. It delivers 7/10 times, but you will learn how to hustle the camera and get results - its a small compromise for the price. I was never a specs guy, but I am enjoying how snappy the device is. I have had to give up my apple watch too in the transaction but I don't miss it at all. Data transfer from IOS to Android is another story.

I initially wanted to buy the 7 Pro - Just because I hate notches. I didn't plan well in advance. I could have easily got it on Amazon. It was a rushed purchase -at Croma 7 Pro was out of stock so went with the 7T. The 7T Pro didnt seem worth it to me for 14k more- it was more than I was comfortable spending on a One Plus (50k+). With the 7T over the 7 Pro I guess I gained a better processor (its hardly noticeable), a faster charger (again hardly noticeable), and a macro camera mode. I lost out on a better even higher resolution curved screen and a better choice of phone colours. In hindsight, I realise a curved screen wouldn't have worked for me. Ghost touch, more delicate etc. I did get used to the notch on the 7T. I honestly would recommend either the 7T and 7 Pro depending on your preferences. They are priced within 3k of one another. The Pro looks better, and feels more premium definitely.

If you can wait till May for the One Plus 8, that would have some incremental features. Rest I don't think the One Plus goes for a lot of discounts apart from the 1.5-3k cashback except right before the new one comes out. Do check out Croma they offer some 1000-1500 worth of OnePlus accessories if you are a member apart from bank cashbacks etc.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Promit
Old 11th January 2020, 12:37   #11468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
If you can wait till May for the One Plus 8, that would have some incremental features. Rest I don't think the One Plus goes for a lot of discounts apart from the 1.5-3k cashback except right before the new one comes out. Do check out Croma they offer some 1000-1500 worth of OnePlus accessories if you are a member apart from bank cashbacks etc.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Promit
Thanks Promit for sharing! Good to know that you're happy with your purchase. Couple of my friends have also suggested waiting for the OnePlus 8 but I highly doubt that there would be anything that would really be new. I too am not really a specs person as such, so I may not care about the slightly improved processor and camera. While there is no real need to upgrade, I'm only doing so cause I'm bored of iOS and the battery doesn't last as much as before.
Old 11th January 2020, 12:53   #11469
BHPian

I have been using a redmi note 4 for close to two n half years by now. After updating to MIUI 11 battery is draining a lot. I hardly get SOT of 4 hours. Is it anything to do with MIUI 11 or i need to change my battery?
Old 11th January 2020, 13:14   #11470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.... care about the slightly improved processor and camera...
If you need photo samples, the Aura preview images were shot on a OnePlus 7T. Pretty decent results.
Old 17th January 2020, 00:34   #11471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I have been using a redmi note 4 for close to two n half years by now. After updating to MIUI 11 battery is draining a lot. I hardly get SOT of 4 hours. Is it anything to do with MIUI 11 or i need to change my battery?
If you're only noticing this after the update, it's definitely got to do something with MiUI 11. Since your phone is old now, why don't you try out custom ROMs?I have a 3 year old Redmi 3S at home (was running on Android 6 previously), and after flashing PixelExperience 10 on it, it's running very well as my sister's daily. Will last another couple of years atleast, if not more. The phone has gotten smoother (well, as smooth as a phone with those specs can get) and the battery life is still the same as it was on day one. You can try it out too
Old 17th January 2020, 08:40   #11472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
If you're only noticing this after the update, it's definitely got to do something with MiUI 11. Since your phone is old now, why don't you try out custom ROMs?I have a 3 year old Redmi 3S at home (was running on Android 6 previously), and after flashing PixelExperience 10 on it, it's running very well as my sister's daily. Will last another couple of years atleast, if not more. The phone has gotten smoother (well, as smooth as a phone with those specs can get) and the battery life is still the same as it was on day one. You can try it out too
I highly recommend PixelExperience ROM. You'll get GCam with NightSight! Alternatively you can have a look at LineageOS as well.
Old 17th January 2020, 09:32   #11473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I highly recommend PixelExperience ROM. You'll get GCam with NightSight! Alternatively you can have a look at LineageOS as well.
Yes, I used LineageOS 16 on my Zuk Z2 Plus for more than 6 months and just flashed PixelExperience on this too, a couple of days back. I just couldn't get the phone vibration to work on LineageOS, plus PixelExperience just looks and feels a bit better in my opinion.
Old 17th January 2020, 14:54   #11474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
If you're only noticing this after the update, it's definitely got to do something with MiUI 11. Since your phone is old now, why don't you try out custom ROMs?
Thank's a lot for your suggestion. Yes the battery backup was not good for quite a while, but it started draining heavily after updating to miui 11. I don't have much idea about flashing custom rom's. Am not much of a technical guy but i will definitely explore this aspect.

Last edited by Fordlover88 : 17th January 2020 at 15:01.
Old 17th February 2020, 15:57   #11475
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil! I own a 7T too. Its a perfect device. No issues observed so far. Some camera snaps attached.

This was on a dense foggy morning!
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20200110_063458.jpg

Clicked during my morning walks

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20200214_070148.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks