Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 10:30   #8746
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

arre baba, just install it. you wont go back to swype (atleast i havent even considered instaling swype!!).

like yesterday i typed "dr " and it gave me driving and then school with the space bar

such a darned waste to swype the whole thing. swiftkey just reads your mind!

you said thanks that's good enough.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:49   #8747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
arre baba, just install it. you wont go back to swype (atleast i havent even considered instaling swype!!).

like yesterday i typed "dr " and it gave me driving and then school with the space bar

such a darned waste to swype the whole thing. swiftkey just reads your mind!

you said thanks that's good enough.
Is there an option where I can copy my existing dictionary to new keyboard, this will avoid my retraining to new keyboard.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:09   #8748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying an iPhone 4S (White, 32GB) in Bangalore. I went around the shops, and no one was willing to offer more than Rs. 300 off!! Any suggestions how I can get one with bill and warranty for cheaper?
Ebay is the place my friend! Saw some nice offers there. Also if you can get hold of coupons, you can get extra discounts as well.
Old 29th March 2012, 13:29   #8749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Is there an option where I can copy my existing dictionary to new keyboard, this will avoid my retraining to new keyboard.
Buy swiftkey X.

With android keyboard there was no way I could find - between multiple ROMs.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:47   #8750
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone have any feedback on the Motorola Razr XT910

Motorola RAZR XT910's price slashed to Rs.27,800

The price drop by more than 2K really makes this a good buy. Similar performance to S2 and a better screen. Looks and feels much better and less plasticky than the common S2.

Thinking of picking it up but not sure on performance.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:55   #8751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on the Motorola Razr XT910

Motorola RAZR XT910's price slashed to Rs.27,800

The price drop by more than 2K really makes this a good buy. Similar performance to S2 and a better screen. Looks and feels much better and less plasticky than the common S2.

Thinking of picking it up but not sure on performance.
You can buy the HTC Sensation for 24k (23.7k from Letsbuy). That makes it the best buy of the three.

Razr is also quite capable phone. Totally worth it over S2 for that price.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:09   #8752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Next thing was that, although I do not touch type, or even use all the fingers, my hands have known keyboards since about 6 years old. At first, I found it very difficult to know the letter positions for one-hand-holding, one-finger-typing.

Having got over that hurdle, I discovered Swype --- it is so superior to any predictive typing on a keypad. I would not swap this for a physical qwerty phone.
I took me sometime to get used to the tiny keys on Defy+. I am also in love with Swype.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:41   #8753
BHPian

Guys I really need some fast help on this one. Budget is Rs. 15000 max. I was quite impressed by the Defy plus but am worried about the after sales support Motorola offers. Those who've had any Motorola experience, please help. And what are the other good phones in this range?

The Wildfire also looks good, but I've read bad stories about their service right here on T-Bhp.

Samsung Ace. Have used an S2 extensively, and the Ace seems to look similiar. So I'm not interested in this.

Help please.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:01   #8754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying an iPhone 4S (White, 32GB) in Bangalore. I went around the shops, and no one was willing to offer more than Rs. 300 off!! Any suggestions how I can get one with bill and warranty for cheaper?
The best deal with bill and warranty - iphone 4s @ 39300/-

Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - Buy Online in India for Rs.44,500 as on 29th March 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

click add to cart and then see final price

Thanks

Last edited by anmolbedi : 29th March 2012 at 23:02. Reason: incomplete
Old 29th March 2012, 23:04   #8755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I took me sometime to get used to the tiny keys on Defy+. I am also in love with Swype.
baba, try swiftkey X. Its the best android app you'll ever buy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
Guys I really need some fast help on this one. Budget is Rs. 15000 max. I was quite impressed by the Defy plus but am worried about the after sales support Motorola offers. Those who've had any Motorola experience, please help. And what are the other good phones in this range?

The Wildfire also looks good, but I've read bad stories about their service right here on T-Bhp.

Samsung Ace. Have used an S2 extensively, and the Ace seems to look similiar. So I'm not interested in this.

Help please.
optimus 2x i think. in 18-19k and dual core.
ace is no comparison. worse screen, lesser processor (no MIUI), much less performance.
please use a defy n see its screen before u compare with wildfire et al.

as for defy - starting with the brave Samurai, there must be atleast 30-40 BHPians who own the defy and happily. Only one of us managed to visit the service center (only because IMNSHO they didn't follow instructions , thus flashing the wrong ROM and then going to service center needlessly). In his case, the center took a week or so (because they tried and then changed the motherboard or some such silly thing).

Not that i've heard samsung is much quicker in these scenarios. But not one defy has gone to svc center just like that for random malfunction - have seen that to a couple of other brands i won't name

Also, notice defy is convenient for one handed use, not as nicer in two handed use unlike other phones like S2(with bigger screen/wider bezel etc).
Old 29th March 2012, 23:05   #8756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi

The best deal with bill and warranty - iphone 4s @ 39300/-

Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - Buy Online in India for Rs.44,500 as on 29th March 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

click add to cart and then see final price

Thanks
Thanks Anmol! I already bought it from eZone for 50400! (32GB)
Old 29th March 2012, 23:05   #8757
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered LG expo with the optional pocket projector. After a lot of research I figured I am still not ready for android or windows phone. WM 6.5 with 1 Ghz snapdragon processor should be awsome.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:19   #8758
BHPian

GSMArena reports that HTC will be launching One X, S, V in Europe and Asia on Monday (April 2). I think India will also feature in the Asian countries. I think this is the reason why prices of HTC Sensation series have been reduced (to clear inventories) to make way for their new flagship devices. One X is the one with the quadcore processor and One S has a Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor. I think the One S will be priced around 30k and the One X will be around 35k-36k. I do not think the One X will have many buyers here. SGS2 will now get good competition from One S. What do you guys think?
Old 30th March 2012, 06:24   #8759
BHPian

Quote:

Help please.

I will suggest you go for Sony live with walkman. It has all the features some of them are- 1Ghz processor, 5mp autofocus camera with HD recording etc. It is available for approx 12-13k.
Old 30th March 2012, 08:55   #8760
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I really need some fast help on this one. Budget is Rs. 15000 max...

Help please.
If you can stretch your budget a little, consider Xperia Neo V also from Sony.

If you're not particular about Android, take a look at Samsung Omnia W. Right now available for less than 14k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks