Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2020, 08:58   #271
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which computer speakers do you use

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Want to give Swans D1080 a try?
I bought it 4 years back (non-Bluetooth version) and I'm happy with it (I also use DragonFly DAC along with it, though).
I would like to but I think the budget is a little bit on the higher side at 14k INR!

Cheers
Old 5th December 2020, 10:16   #272
Senior - BHPian

The Bose companion speakers are the best I've heard on a computer. Look out for SALE prices
Old 5th December 2020, 10:28   #273
BHPian

Bose soundlink mini 1st gen. Best I've heard for that form factor.
Old 5th December 2020, 10:48   #274
Senior - BHPian

Oh in that case, try SOLO. The TV speakers from BOSE. They're quite good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Bose soundlink mini 1st gen. Best I've heard for that form factor.
Old 5th December 2020, 11:18   #275
Senior - BHPian

The best PC speakers I ever used were the Logitech z2300 2.1.
A brilliant pair with a THX certified sub. Still using the sub with some klipsch satelites.

They don't make them like that anymore.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 14:18   #276
BHPian

Reviving this thread as I am looking to buy Marshall Tufton speaker but not finding it anywhere.

Can anyone guide me where to find the same. Online its listed at multiple places but not available and incorrect listing.

@Mods please move this to correct thread in case required. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2021, 18:41   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Reviving this thread as I am looking to buy Marshall Tufton speaker but not finding it anywhere.

Can anyone guide me where to find the same. Online its listed at multiple places but not available and incorrect listing.

@Mods please move this to correct thread in case required. Thanks.
Could check with these guys as they seem to have a few models in stock

https://www.headphonezone.in/collect...eless-speakers
Old 31st July 2021, 08:14   #278
Senior - BHPian

My Boss had the Bose Companion 3. These are the best I've heard till date. I'm looking to buy a pre-owned piece, some day - since these are not available anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
The best PC speakers I ever used were the Logitech z2300 2.1.A brilliant pair with a THX certified sub. Still using the sub with some klipsch satelites.
Attached Thumbnails
Which computer speakers do you use-screenshot-20210731-7.40.09-am.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 10:55   #279
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My 7-year old JBL Soundbar was slowly dying. First, the remote control stopped working. Next, the AUX input went kaput. Then the control buttons on the unit went bad and finally, the sound on Bluetooth stopped. Was quoted 10k to repair it by JBL directly, but I thought it would be an end-of-life piece anyway, so didn't repair.

I listen to music on my desk for the entire 10-working hours, and wanted something with good sound quality. Have always had a great experience with Logitech because my kind of sound is heavy on bass & treble, both of which Logitech delivers. Bought the Logitech Z623 from Amazon and I must say, these are terrific computer speakers!

Nice bass, nice treble and pretty darn loud. Cons = the heavy treble might not be to everyone's tastes and there is no Bluetooth. For a variety of reasons, I prefer wired speakers on my desk. No match in sound quality to the JBL SB400 soundbar, yet among computer speakers, I would recommend these.

Which computer speakers do you use-20220125-09.58.38.jpg

Which computer speakers do you use-20220125-09.58.53.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:50   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Nice bass, nice treble and pretty darn loud. Cons = the heavy treble might not be to everyone's tastes and there is no Bluetooth. For a variety of reasons, I prefer wired speakers on my desk. No match in sound quality to the JBL SB400 soundbar, yet among computer speakers, I would recommend these.
Had these a few years back. The power button gets wonky over time and first one got it replaced under warranty and the second one started showing the same issue after the warranty period got over.

Adjusted till i could take it no more and upgraded to a topping DAC and Edifier R2750db powered speakers.

World of difference
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 16:44   #281
BHPian

For my desktop I still use an Altec Lansing 2.1 that was bought in 2005. They still go strong and deliver deep bass.
Been using the Bose Companion 2 series 3 speakers since 2016 for my laptop and they're mighty impressive for their size. SQ and Bass is very good. I would suggest this if they're still available.
emkay.india is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:13   #282
Senior - BHPian

I hate to clutter my desk with speakers. So I mainly use Headphones, the Realme Wireless Buds Pro have been serving me quite well (Link)

Also I moved to the Benq EX2780Q 27 inch QHD Monitor which comes with 2.1 Benq Trevolo Sound. Yes, the Monitor has a Sub-Woofer Built into it (EX 2780Q, Trevolo)

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 25th January 2022 at 23:15.
Old 30th January 2022, 18:06   #283
BHPian

I use a pair of Edifier R2000DB bookshelf speakers. These are mind blowing speakers that I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a pair of new speakers.
vedirah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 01:06   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I listen to music on my desk for the entire 10-working hours, and wanted something with good sound quality. Have always had a great experience with Logitech because my kind of sound is heavy on bass & treble, both of which Logitech delivers. Bought the Logitech Z623 from Amazon and I must say, these are terrific computer speakers!
Had my eye on the Z623 from quite some time but the last time I pursued it, I was told that it had reached the end of it's shelf life and it's replacement was the Z906 5.1 system by the official Logitech distributor of our area.

Also kept tracking it's prices on Amazon silently.

Finally, GTO's short review sealed the deal. Ordered the same from Amazon on 26th January night and the package arrived from Secunderabad at 8 AM on 30th January.

After all, we only live once.

Which computer speakers do you use-image0.jpeg

Oven fresh!
Which computer speakers do you use-image1.jpeg

Yes it's an ageing 2.1 system but my word, what output! I have it paired with my newly assembled Gen-12 Intel desktop's onboard default Realtek soundchip (for now) and now my computer room has come alive with thumps galore!

A short comparo note with my very old Altec Lansing MX5021 system from 2008 - the satellites of the Altec Lansing give out much more louder and clearer notes than the Z623's, no doubt due to the presence of 2 drivers + 1 tweeter in each of the MX5021's sats, compared to a single driver + tweeter combo in the Z623's.

MX5021 sat on left, Z623's on the right.
Which computer speakers do you use-image2.jpeg

With the Corsair SP2500's sat.
Which computer speakers do you use-image3.jpeg

But the bass from the Z623's sub is at a level above anything else. The Altec Lansing's sub pales badly in comparison. For loud music, it's pretty much unbeatable at this pricing range. Very rumbly lows, can get very irritating for family and neighbours alike!

3 THX certified systems with me now, but the Corsair SP2500 now has it's pants beaten off by the other two. Crispy lows on the Corsair, but that's just about it. Sub is more boomy than the other two, and sometimes drowns out it's two sats at high pitch.

For reference, here are the specs:-

2008 Altec Lansing MX5021 - 20W x 2 satellites, 50W sub.
2012 Corsair SP2500 - 56W x 2 satellites, 120W sub.
2022 Logitech Z623 - 35W x 2 satellites, 130W sub.

Music - Z623 all the way.
Gaming & Movies - MX5021 sats + Z623 sub.

Most ideal combo here would be the MX5021's satellites paired with the Z623's sub. They simply don't make them like they used to before!

Hope to find some way of making this dream pair a reality some day in the future when the MX5021's sub goes kaput and I overhaul the entire sat setup and get some wireless bookshelf speakers.

Left = MX5021, right = Z623. Yes, I know - too many wires!
Ignore the one in the middle - it's the sub from a gifted F&D system connected to my TV.
Which computer speakers do you use-image4.jpeg

Thanks for the big thumbs up, Rush.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd February 2022 at 01:08.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 10:36   #285
BHPian

Another Z623 post! Was searching for a good 2.1s to hook with the computer. Main use case would be listening to music and PC games. After weighing various pros and cons, and detailed discussion with resident audiophile bhpian Greenhorn, picked up the 2 years old, pre owned Z623s for almost 1/3rd the price. Saw the deal on OLX, and Greenhorn nudged me to consider it. Was very happy with the set when I saw it in person as the seller was an audiophile himself. Sealed the deal and stole the speakers home. Very happy with the purchase and big thanks to Greenhorn. Just love the sound coming out of the sats and sub.

Which computer speakers do you use-speakers.jpeg

Next is to dismantle the speakers and give them a proper cleaning.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks