4.1 19 6.01%
5.1 56 17.72%
7.1 10 3.16%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 12:30   #211
Senior - BHPian

OMG Dali's !
I would suggest a farther separation between the speakers to increase the stereo field.

How much did you get those Lektor's for?

My comp sits along with Quads.
Old 31st August 2010, 20:10   #212
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
OMG Dali's !
I would suggest a farther separation between the speakers to increase the stereo field.

How much did you get those Lektor's for?

My comp sits along with Quads.
i agree - they do deserve to have a farther separation - and that will happen when i build the stands that i intend to leave them on - they are only temporarily nearfield .... hopefully the rest of the stuff will go on the rack that im purpose building - just need to get the wood for that purpose

since im in South Africa everything here is more expensive than anywhere else because of import duties and VAT (taxation) and ive had to pay around R7500 (ZA rands) which roughly translates to around 47500 rupees and i will be paying around R2500 (ZA rands) for the velodyne sub which is roughly around 16000 rupees. These prices are after a discount rate of around 25% and is close to dealer cost here in SA

Quads are nice but here are sold by a dealer network that sticks to MSRP pricing and doesnt allow discount pricing hence it is definitely a bit on the expensive side - but they are excellent speakers as well - would be nice if you post some pictures of your setup wiht the quads - these Dali's were around the cheapest mid-level hi-fidelity speakers i could find here in SA - and i did not want to spend more since my main system is pretty high end

Last edited by naughty001 : 31st August 2010 at 20:11.

Old 1st September 2010, 14:04   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
i agree - they do deserve to have a farther separation - and that will happen when i build the stands that i intend to leave them on - they are only temporarily nearfield .... hopefully the rest of the stuff will go on the rack that im purpose building - just need to get the wood for that purpose

since im in South Africa everything here is more expensive than anywhere else because of import duties and VAT (taxation) and ive had to pay around R7500 (ZA rands) which roughly translates to around 47500 rupees and i will be paying around R2500 (ZA rands) for the velodyne sub which is roughly around 16000 rupees. These prices are after a discount rate of around 25% and is close to dealer cost here in SA

Quads are nice but here are sold by a dealer network that sticks to MSRP pricing and doesnt allow discount pricing hence it is definitely a bit on the expensive side - but they are excellent speakers as well - would be nice if you post some pictures of your setup wiht the quads - these Dali's were around the cheapest mid-level hi-fidelity speakers i could find here in SA - and i did not want to spend more since my main system is pretty high end
Hmmm, in India its the Dali's that would be more expensive.
Wharfdale/Mission/Quads somehow are available at almost the same price as shown online!

Mine are small 11L2.

... just a small query - have you tried the sub + dali combo?
Are they matching seamlessly?

I felt that somhow you need to spend more on the sub than the speakers in order to get similar quality.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:35   #214
naughty001

Quote:
... just a small query - have you tried the sub + dali combo?
Are they matching seamlessly?
do you mean the velodyne sub that im planning on using - i have heard these speakers with a higher end velodyne - that does match seamlessly - the problem though is that i would prefer to use the higher end velodyne in my main system if i do get that and then maybe move my acoustic research pictured with the Dali stuff permanently into the bedroom with the PC setup - so that impact 10 is the cheapest i can get which i can dispose of later ie sell and not lose too much so that i eventually can replace it with something better

Quote:
I felt that somhow you need to spend more on the sub than the speakers in order to get similar quality
i understand what you mean because i tried my acoustic research with a pair of Martin Logan speakers that i am "running in" for a buddy and the AR sub actually did not suit the characteristics of those Martin Logan speakers ...... and then he gave me his Velodyne DD12 to run in as well and its a huge difference - the main system now sounds truly high end

Quote:
Hmmm, in India its the Dali's that would be more expensive
the Quad 11L2's are listed at MSRP R5300 (ZA Rands) here in South Africa ..... and interestingly so are my Dali Lektor 3's ...... but thats list price and its not sensible to buy anything at list price. I paid a lot less for my Dali's because of the discounts i obtained as well as taking a whole bunch as a set ie i have the Lektor 3 and a set of 2's as well and the LCR

the Quad i will not be able to get a discount on and i have come across a set of those second hand at the price i paid for the Lektor 3 but then to get the rest of the matching speakers for 5.1 audio i would have to spend a lot more

my advantage with the Dali's is that the dealer i got hem from is a close friend so i managed to get those at pretty decent pricing compared to most of what else is available here - and if i upgrade my main system to the Ikon series or Mentor series i can get the stuff at great pricing too

Old 1st November 2010, 19:53   #215
BHPian

Hi guys

My logitech Z2300 was given for replacement during warranty and now the chaps are offering a full refund sighting out of stock issues.

Though the experience with the Z2300 sub has been great ( 120W RMS!!)
Satellites lacked some portion of the mid range.
Now since I'm getting my money back.
Is there any other good alternative or should I buy the Z2300 again.

The Budget is a strict 8K ( the amount being refunded).

And yes these were THX certified speakers so SQ is important.

Any pointers?

Cheers

GT
Old 1st November 2010, 19:59   #216
BHPian

Go for the logitech again, had experienced it at my pals place, and the sound quality is awesome.

P.S : It's now available for ~7k
Old 1st November 2010, 23:49   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Go for the logitech again, had experienced it at my pals place, and the sound quality is awesome.

P.S : It's now available for ~7k
I know their sound quality is awesome.

But the thing is ,this model has approached its end of life, and when my unit was given for replacement , they gave me 2 options , replacement with a newer model which is crap as per internet reviews cause the geeks at logitech R&D went on a cost cutting drive ... or the other option- they'll give me cash after depreciation.
I was like
I told them, they'll be sued and shot of mails to the top management of Logitech India LOL.
And they were like hmm,ok, we'll give you back your money.

Now some units are still available in the market , but , again, the question arises, what if , the unit I buy today dies in the future ( ofcourse they'll be giving warranty from today only) but will they be returning my money back then.

Cheers

GT

Last edited by GT500 : 1st November 2010 at 23:54.
Old 3rd November 2010, 00:14   #218
BHPian

Update

***UPDATE***

Bought the Z2300 again!

Partly due to the fact that the shopkeeper was not giving me cash and told me to buy stuff worth 8K if I dont want the speakers, I am already loaded with extra hardware so I bought the speakers again.

My experience with the new set:
PURE VFM
BEST 2.1 in the market after BOSE,PERIOD. ( I am using bose also)
As expected SQ is same , but lets see if the "break in" process improves it a bit.
Bass is just too good, rattles all the windows in the house half way up the volume, haven't ventured after that

Do note this is an "SPL" type of set NOT "SQL" ,though some might disagree.Perfect for gaming and action movies.

Heads up: Apparently logitech has come up with a newer replacement THX 2.1 which is total crap ,dont buy this. ( sub is smaller among other cost cutting measures , them nerds at R&D have gone bonkers)

cheers

GT
Old 25th November 2011, 15:53   #219
BHPian

Re: Which computer speakers do you use

Guys, Need a help.

Looking for speakers for my laptop as well as my ipod. I have used before, a creative inspire 2.1 (now playing with my tv back home) and my current pc set up back home has the logitech z5500.

I was interested in getting a nice pair of 2.0 Speakers, like powered bookshelves.

My budget is 4k extendable to 5. Any suggestions? One reason I don want to go for a 2.1 is the way bass leaks, especially when playing rock at a higher volume.
I prefer crisp clear bass, and at no point should the speaker feel overwhelmed.

Any suggestions?
Old 26th June 2015, 20:07   #220
Team-BHP Support

Bumping up an older thread.

Just wanted to know whether anybody's familiar with the Definitive Technology Incline and the Polk Audio Hampden computer speakers?

I'm trying to choose between the two.
Old 7th February 2016, 03:48   #221
Team-BHP Support

Old thread, but thought I'll ask. I am looking for some speakers to use with PC.
2.1 is okay. Budget is max 4-5K. If it has pen drive and bluetooth support, its a bonus, but not a deal breaker.

I see some sony models in the price as well as creative. Any suggestions for something around 60W RMS
Old 7th February 2016, 10:16   #222
BHPian

@tsk1979: how about http://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-2-1-C...820077&sr=1-12 ?
Old 12th February 2016, 14:18   #223
Team-BHP Support

My computer speakers, or rather 5.1 speaker system from F&D has started giving problems. Its over 10 years old now, and I opened up the back panel and it appears some capacitors have degraded and stuff.
So its time to get a new one.

I have decided to get a high end system to replace this, so the budget goes upto 4000-5000 INR.

One candidate is this
http://www.amazon.in/dp/B014W5YOKU/r...productDetails

At 3700 and 2.1 with 4000W PMPO(about 40 RMS I think), this is quite good. It has USB and bluetooth support too, which means I can simply use it with the phone too, no need to switch on the computer to listen to music.

Then there is this one 5.1 at same price
http://www.amazon.in/Philips-SPA3800...speaker+system

Another company is Truevision, I haven't heard of this
http://www.amazon.in/Truvison-SE-002...speaker+system

There is a cheaper less powerful version too

http://www.amazon.in/Truvison-SE-208...speaker+system

So any tips or advice on all this?
Remember, my budget is high end, but not super high end, so below 5000 is good.
Old 14th February 2016, 21:05   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Today checked out some systems. Philips definitely better than F&D and even the Sony D100

Tried out this model
http://www.infibeam.com/Home_Enterta...924-cat-z.html

Its 5888 on infibeam, and 6500 on flipkart etc., Wondering whether I should take from infibeam.
Old 14th February 2016, 21:15   #225
Team-BHP Support

Can someone help me source sound card for Creative 5.1 speakers? It isn't available here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks