Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless Bluetooth Enabled 2.1 Speaker System
Product Description:
Integrated Bluetooth technology for high performance wireless connectivity
6-Inch (150mm) down-firing subwoofer for deep bass
Eight full-range transducers for crystal clear sound
Elegant touch controls for volume and mute
Awe-inspiring industrial design
1/8-Inch (3.5mm) stereo audio connection

The Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless speaker system evolved from the SoundSticks II that now resides in the permanent collection of MoMA. Taking the inspired design of its elder, Harman Kardon engineers improved the aesthetic with slight visual enhancements, and added Bluetooth technology for a more seamless listening experience. Featuring a six-inch subwoofer, eight full-range drivers and 40 watts of amplification, the SoundSticks Wireless delivers the same beautiful sound and pop-culture appeal as its predecessor, only now you can seamlessly stream audio from any of your favorite Bluetooth-enabled devices be it your iPhone, iPad, laptop, tablet or MP3 player.

I have owned half a dozen home theaters and compact music systems till date and this one beats all of them out of the water hands down. Some of them where 4 times the cost of this. HK does justice to its name and I am 100% happy with my purchase. If anyone out there looking for a compact but unconventional system (not the usual box type looks) for your gadgets via Bluetooth, this is the one.

Got it via Amazon. Costed around 15k.

Which computer speakers do you use-hk.jpg
Old 2nd October 2016, 18:42   #242
BHPian

Re: Which computer speakers do you use

Any users of Swans M10 2.1 speakers here ? Has got good reviews everywhere and its seliing at 7.5K online. Is it worth buying?
Old 1st April 2017, 20:28   #243

I have a 18 year old Sony home audio system. It has served me well with a couple of repairs, last one being 5 years back.

It has started malfunctioning. it keeps switching modes on its own - CD > Tape > Radio > MD (external input). As you all might have guessed, I use it only in the MD mode as its connected to my PC and works as my home theater. Sony service recommed to buy a new one as the replacement pcb will cost about 8-9k.

Now, I can go for a 2.1 speaker system but it pains me to simply junk this trusted old servant. So my question is - Can I salvage anything out of it? Maybe, just the speakers? Maybe, I can buy some cheap amp off amazon and hook them up?

Please suggest.

MODS - I could not find a better thread. Please move this if its incorrect.
Old 21st April 2017, 14:53   #244
Senior - BHPian

I got Creative 2.1 speakers for my PC a few months back.

Perfect speakers, loud enough with punchy bass and crisp vocals. Offers maximum value for money!

http://www.amazon.in/Creative-Multimedia-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B007F909IC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_ =oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00
Old 21st April 2017, 15:47   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
I have a 18 year old Sony home audio system. It has served me well with a couple of repairs, last one being 5 years back.

It has started malfunctioning. it keeps switching modes on its own - CD > Tape > Radio > MD (external input). As you all might have guessed, I use it only in the MD mode as its connected to my PC and works as my home theater. Sony service recommed to buy a new one as the replacement pcb will cost about 8-9k.

Now, I can go for a 2.1 speaker system but it pains me to simply junk this trusted old servant. So my question is - Can I salvage anything out of it? Maybe, just the speakers? Maybe, I can buy some cheap amp off amazon and hook them up?

Please suggest.

MODS - I could not find a better thread. Please move this if its incorrect.
technically it is possible to bypass the preamp and hook a wire directly to the amplifier section. you'll not be able to use volume control
Old 21st April 2017, 15:55   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
technically it is possible to bypass the preamp and hook a wire directly to the amplifier section. you'll not be able to use volume control
I am an electronics n00b. Do you mind sharing more details?
Old 21st April 2017, 16:06   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
I am an electronics n00b. Do you mind sharing more details?
Then I'm afraid it is out of your capability even if i tell it how

Just take it to a local audio video service guy, and tell him that you want to bypass the pre board and connect a headphone/RCA jack directly to the amp board. Hopefully if he is competent, he should be able to pull it off
Old 21st April 2017, 16:19   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Then I'm afraid it is out of your capability even if i tell it how

Just take it to a local audio video service guy, and tell him that you want to bypass the pre board and connect a headphone/RCA jack directly to the amp board. Hopefully if he is competent, he should be able to pull it off
Ok. Thank you very much.
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:33   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless Bluetooth Enabled 2.1 Speaker System
Product Description:
Integrated Bluetooth technology for high performance wireless connectivity
6-Inch (150mm) down-firing subwoofer for deep bass
Eight full-range transducers for crystal clear sound
Elegant touch controls for volume and mute
Awe-inspiring industrial design
1/8-Inch (3.5mm) stereo audio connection

The Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless speaker system evolved from the SoundSticks II that now resides in the permanent collection of MoMA. Taking the inspired design of its elder, Harman Kardon engineers improved the aesthetic with slight visual enhancements, and added Bluetooth technology for a more seamless listening experience. Featuring a six-inch subwoofer, eight full-range drivers and 40 watts of amplification, the SoundSticks Wireless delivers the same beautiful sound and pop-culture appeal as its predecessor, only now you can seamlessly stream audio from any of your favorite Bluetooth-enabled devices be it your iPhone, iPad, laptop, tablet or MP3 player.

I have owned half a dozen home theaters and compact music systems till date and this one beats all of them out of the water hands down. Some of them where 4 times the cost of this. HK does justice to its name and I am 100% happy with my purchase. If anyone out there looking for a compact but unconventional system (not the usual box type looks) for your gadgets via Bluetooth, this is the one.

Got it via Amazon. Costed around 15k.
+1 for these HK Speakers

I've owned many Hi-Fi systems over the years, bought this HK Soundsticks Wireless speaker system a while ago and very impressed with it too, has got be the best bang for buck you can currently get - can recommend highly.

BTW, the aesthetic design was done by Jony Ive from the Apple iMac, iPod etc fame.
Old 29th July 2020, 15:02   #250
BHPian

Bumping an old thread
Please suggest speake with mic
I had an nice altec Lansing 2.1 which had mic too.
Really missing it now and can’t seem to find anything similar
my requirement is basic music and lots of conference calls.
Would prefer wired stuff for desk
budget around 5k max, cheaper is better

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 29th July 2020 at 15:04.
Old 29th July 2020, 19:29   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Any users of Swans M10 2.1 speakers here ? Has got good reviews everywhere and its seliing at 7.5K online. Is it worth buying?
For the price, its hard to get anything that sounds as good re: music. Any concerns one might have probably revolve around QC/lifespan. I have no idea how long mine will last although at this price it'll be hard to complain even if its a couple of years.

BTW, they're heavily discounted at the moment, making this almost a no brainer:- https://amzn.to/2X7y2aa .

Last edited by Amien : 29th July 2020 at 19:48.
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:24   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
For the price, its hard to get anything that sounds as good re: music. Any concerns one might have probably revolve around QC/lifespan. I have no idea how long mine will last although at this price it'll be hard to complain even if its a couple of years.

BTW, they're heavily discounted at the moment, making this almost a no brainer:- https://amzn.to/2X7y2aa .
I am looking to place order for one set of decent speakers. Are the swans worth 5k
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:55   #253
BHPian

I use Edifier R1280db. Active stereo speakers with 4" drivers. Got them for just under 10K. Incredible value for money.
zhopudey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 22:03   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I am looking to place order for one set of decent speakers. Are the swans worth 5k
Easily. They're worth much more depending on the type of music you're into. I would recommend avoiding them if you primarily listen to Metal or anything that involves heavy distortion/midrange as the same quality of distortion-free music at any volume that makes it so good for other genres hurts it in this regard.

The Indian variants seem to have a V shaped sound signature, making them ideal for acoustic instruments and vocals. Music aside, they're pretty good for movies and games as well.
Amien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 22:23   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
I use Edifier R1280db. Active stereo speakers with 4" drivers. Got them for just under 10K. Incredible value for money.
They are not in stock. In fact from what I have seen most of the highly rated models are unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Easily. They're worth much more depending on the type of music you're into. I would recommend avoiding them if you primarily listen to Metal or anything that involves heavy distortion/midrange as the same quality of distortion-free music at any volume that makes it so good for other genres hurts it in this regard.

The Indian variants seem to have a V shaped sound signature, making them ideal for acoustic instruments and vocals. Music aside, they're pretty good for movies and games as well.
thanks for the feedback Amien. My primary consumption will be Indian music and streaming services. So looks like a good bet. I really like the white one. I should mostly buy it. Purchased it too

Do the Swans require any additional cables ?

Last edited by indian21r : 22nd October 2020 at 22:42. Reason: any additional cables; purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks