Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 21:54   #25981
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Anybody has experience with shopping from Samsung estore ? Do they deliver on time ?
I recently ordered Clear View Flip Cover for my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus from Samsung e-store and the experience was very good.

I was receiving updates regularly for tracking and got my shipment overnight from chennai warehouse to delhi overnight via fedex.
Old 13th July 2017, 19:46   #25982
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has ordered and received the Honor 8 Pro? Any reviews about the phone will be good to know. While most tech youtubers are saying its really good, first hand experience here would go a long way in pushing the decision between the Honor 8 pro and the OnePlus 3T. The main thing I was looking for was the ease of handling this almost phablet sized device. I know one-handed use is cumbersome but otherwise, was looking for feedback on how it is to handle and perform day-day activities though it might require both hands!! None of the reviewers touch upon this point which is a pity. I have seen and handled the OnePlus 3 and found that it was a real delight to use and even one handed usage was possible without much worries. Thanks in advance folks.
Old 14th July 2017, 23:51   #25983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Anyone has ordered and received the Honor 8 Pro? Any reviews about the phone will be good to know. While most tech Youtubers are saying its really good, first hand experience here would go a long way in pushing the decision between the Honor 8 pro and the OnePlus 3T. The main thing I was looking for was the ease of handling this almost phablet sized device. I know one-handed use is cumbersome but otherwise, was looking for feedback on how it is to handle and perform day-day activities though it might require both hands!! None of the reviewers touch upon this point which is a pity. I have seen and handled the OnePlus 3 and found that it was a real delight to use and even one handed usage was possible without much worries. Thanks in advance folks.
I look forward to the same feedback. 1+3 was 155g - this is 184gm.

On both length and breadth, it is practically 0.2 and 0.1 inch bigger. Now the 1+3 is almost the same size as my Redmi Note 3. So I would argue that Honor 8 Pro might be a biiiit bigger and at the point where it would start paining (it took me quite some time to get used to the RN3 one handed).
Old 15th July 2017, 22:20   #25984
BHPian

I did pickup Oneplus 5 in Amazon prime sale and using it for last 2 days - really loving the experience and its a huge upgrade from from my earlier Moto X play. Amazon offered HDFC credit cashback of Rs.2000 (after 3 months) and bonus of Rs.2000 (pay-points credit in a month ) in addition to exchange price. Phone is very responsive and dash charge is awesome. I am yet to fully experiment with the dual camera zoom and portrait mode.

Last edited by concorde24 : 15th July 2017 at 22:29.
Old 16th July 2017, 00:59   #25985
BHPian

Need advice from fellow members.

I want to gift a phone to my daughter who will be entering her teens. It will be her first phone. So budget is set around 8k-9k. There are no set priorities as such but it should be a decent all rounder and should have a good performance, a decent camera and a good battery life. Fingerprint sensor would be preferred.

The phone that I've shortlisted are Redmi 4 (not the Note 4/ 4A) and Lenovo K6 power (both in 3gb/32gb variant). Which one is better of the two or are there any other phones worth considering?

Request members to pitch in their suggestions.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:02   #25986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Need advice from fellow members.

I want to gift a phone to my daughter who will be entering her teens. It will be her first phone. So budget is set around 8k-9k. There are no set priorities as such but it should be a decent all rounder and should have a good performance, a decent camera and a good battery life. Fingerprint sensor would be preferred.

The phone that I've shortlisted are Redmi 4 (not the Note 4/ 4A) and Lenovo K6 power (both in 3gb/32gb variant). Which one is better of the two or are there any other phones worth considering?

Request members to pitch in their suggestions.
Please try out the recently launched Moto E4 Plus.
Available in Flipkart for Rs. 9999.
Satisfies all your requirements, comes with latest Android version and has a massive 5000mah battery. Check it out.
Old 16th July 2017, 19:13   #25987
BHPian

Re: Internal Memory of K6 Power?

After adding SD card on my lenovo K6 power, am NOT able to access the internal memory when connected to the computer through USB(MTP).

What is happening here? Are there any workarounds?

Please advise!
Old 16th July 2017, 23:32   #25988
BHPian

Today purchased Redmi Note 4 (Black, 4GB/64GB) at Rs.13499 from Vijay Sales shop in my area. Paid Rs.500 extra for instant buying from shop, because I didnt want to chase the flash-sale or pre-order funda of Mi guys. Do note, since I didnt buy from http://buy.mi.com/in site, I now cannot buy the "MI Protect" accidental protection plan (I think powered by Servify) for ~Rs.780.
In my just 15 min visit to this store today, I witnessed 4 x Redmi Note 4 phones being sold, looks like its really popular model.

This is my daughter's first new phone. Since last few months we had given her an old (but working condition) Grand-2 and for her casual browsing/games she was enjoying her own Samsung Tab-A-8" which I gifted her two years back.
I just finished ordering a cover & screen-protector, and soon will setup the apps etc for her to start using.
Old 17th July 2017, 08:13   #25989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
After adding SD card on my lenovo K6 power, am NOT able to access the internal memory when connected to the computer through USB(MTP).
I am able to access the Internal as well as External Memory in my Lenovo K6 Power 4GB variant running Marshmallow.
I have not updated to Nougat yet fearing (God Forbid) some problems after updating to Nougat.

Is your phone running Android 6 or 7? Have you tried that SD Card in other phone?
Old 17th July 2017, 10:08   #25990
BHPian

I am getting a Cell Broadcast Message on my OnePlus 5 with content "Area:Global" daily. Googled it and saw it is some sort of broadcasting technology, anyone else seeing this and know a way to disable it?
I have Jio and Airtel in my phone. Interestingly my wife has a OP3T with same. Sim setup and does not get this. My phone was purchased in the US, while hers is from Amazon India.
Old 17th July 2017, 16:31   #25991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I look forward to the same feedback. 1+3 was 155g - this is 184gm.
Coincidentally, I too have a RN3 as my current phone and it took me a short while to get used to the dimensions. What is surprising is that the 1+5 is almost 155mm tall while the RN3 is 150 both being 5.5" phone. Compared to that RN3, the Honor 8 will be 7mm taller and 1.5mm wider. Hence thinking it might be a pain to handle day to day. Once real world feedback comes in i can decide on it.
Old 17th July 2017, 21:21   #25992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I am able to access the Internal as well as External Memory in my Lenovo K6 Power 4GB variant running Marshmallow.
I have not updated to Nougat yet fearing (God Forbid) some problems after updating to Nougat.

Is your phone running Android 6 or 7? Have you tried that SD Card in other phone?
It's been updated to Android 7.

So, Is that the issue? How does one access the internal memory, if one wants to? Most of my audio files have been located on internal memory.

Any workarounds?
Old 17th July 2017, 21:37   #25993
Distinguished - BHPian

Received my Redmi 4 device ( bought for my dad as second phone). The built quality is really awesome and the exterior feel of the phone looks upmarket. Infact the black colour is very hard to tell from a black Iphone7. My dad has both now and he also marvelled at the quality you are getting at 9k. The camera is strictly average. Other than that it is a great product at this price point.
Old 17th July 2017, 22:47   #25994

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am getting a Cell Broadcast Message...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post4191744
Old 18th July 2017, 10:31   #25995
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Anyone has ordered and received the Honor 8 Pro? Any reviews about the phone will be good to know. While most tech Youtubers are saying its really good, first hand experience here would go a long way in pushing the decision between the Honor 8 pro and the OnePlus 3T. The main thing I was looking for was the ease of handling this almost phablet sized device. I know one-handed use is cumbersome but otherwise, was looking for feedback on how it is to handle and perform day-day activities though it might require both hands!! None of the reviewers touch upon this point which is a pity. I have seen and handled the OnePlus 3 and found that it was a real delight to use and even one handed usage was possible without much worries. Thanks in advance folks.
I ordered it for my wife on the day of launch and it arrived last week. Didn't find it phablet sized at all. It looks taller, not broader and that makes it easier to use. Though you might need two hands to use it at times but it is no Mi Max, it's a breeze.

The quad HD screen is stunning, you need to see it to believe it. Maybe it looks extra stunning to me because I have never used anything beyond a Redmi Note 3.

I am surprised how they have managed to put a 4000 mah battery on such a slim device (6.9 mm thick). The battery seems to be holding up decent as of now, not too flash. But it's life will definitely increase after it's run in period, read a few more charges.

Last edited by Oxy : 18th July 2017 at 10:37.

Most Viewed