Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2017, 10:52   #25966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

The cash back offer of Rs. 1500/- from SBI on the OnePlus 5 which was supposed to end yesterday has been extended till 2nd July, in case anybody is interested in buying it on Amazon. Also both models are in stock and freely available.

Cheers...
Old 29th June 2017, 14:12   #25967
BHPian

Samsung is offering great offers for corporate. If you have a corporate login with Samsung, please check it out for great offers. I ordered a C9 pro using my friends account. Offer prize was Rs.27874. S7 edge was offered around 47k + cashback, S8 for 52k. Similarly all mobiles had around 7 to 10% discount.
Old 1st July 2017, 17:47   #25968
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for a new handset and I'm torn between the LG V20, One+5 and Moto Z2 Play. My priorities are ease of use (read gesture controls), great sounding audio, stock Android experience and a great user interface. Also, I'm looking for seamless Android Auto connectivity. I'm not fussed about the camera or other functionalities. My budget is strictly 35k or below. I'm leaning towards the LG, thanks to that secondary screen on the V20. Can someone give some different perspective? TIA!

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 1st July 2017 at 17:54.
Old 1st July 2017, 19:00   #25969

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm looking for a new handset and I'm torn between the LG V20, One+5 and Moto Z2 Play. My priorities are ease of use (read gesture controls), great sounding audio, stock Android experience and a great user interface. Also, I'm looking for seamless Android Auto connectivity. I'm not fussed about the camera or other functionalities. My budget is strictly 35k or below. I'm leaning towards the LG, thanks to that secondary screen on the V20. Can someone give some different perspective? TIA!
Secondary screen is just a gimmick. Reports suggest that LG might even ditch it for V30. I've somehow never liked OP because I got mixed reviews from people using their phones. It's just a spec game for them I believe. Moto I never consider now as I've faced issues with their devices.

35K is a good budget and I would suggest you to go for an Samsung S7. I'm using an S7E from a year and have never faced any issues. I love it's multitasking abilities, features and have a 128GB Sd card running + hundreds of apps and what not going on. Great display, great audio, good battery backup, great camera & never hangs. Just check about the android auto support as some of the models had issues earlier. Not updated on that though.
Old 1st July 2017, 19:04   #25970
BHPian

Quote:
Same exact situation I'm in! And I have the same choices. It all boils down to what you're looking for from the phone and how less compromise each one would need you to make.

I'm leaning towards the LG too because Music in what is the most important point for me and V20 takes care of that like a boss. Awesome strengths going for it are Music Capabilities, Build Quality military grade, awesome media handling capabilities all round, B&O to boot, extra screen, all good. The only fly in the oinment here is smaller than ideal battery power.

The OP is most future proof of the lot because of great RAM and ROM. If I can manage with it's audio, then this is the winner because all else is so sorted. I think the 3T looks better btw.

As for Moto, it's nice with the selfie flash, stock Android, fast updates, etc, but with the skimpy processor in comparison, it is some steps behind the other two and seems a bit "toy"-ish too in comparison. But that's my take.
Old 1st July 2017, 20:07   #25971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajthere View Post
Secondary screen is just a gimmick. Reports suggest that LG might even ditch it for V30. I've somehow never liked OP because I got mixed reviews from people using their phones. It's just a spec game for them I believe. Moto I never consider now as I've faced issues with their devices.
Thank you for your thoughts. May I know what issues did you face with your Moto? With Samsung, everyone in my house has one and that's why I wanna go for something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Same exact situation I'm in! And I have the same choices. It all boils down to what you're looking for from the phone and how less compromise each one would need you to make.

I'm leaning towards the LG too because Music in what is the most important point for me and V20 takes care of that like a boss. Awesome strengths going for it are Music Capabilities, Build Quality military grade, awesome media handling capabilities all round, B&O to boot, extra screen, all good. The only fly in the oinment here is smaller than ideal battery power.

The OP is most future proof of the lot because of great RAM and ROM. If I can manage with it's audio, then this is the winner because all else is so sorted. I think the 3T looks better btw.

As for Moto, it's nice with the selfie flash, stock Android, fast updates, etc, but with the skimpy processor in comparison, it is some steps behind the other two and seems a bit "toy"-ish too in comparison. But that's my take.
Yes, I heard a lot of positive feedback regarding audio on the V20. Again, build quality is good too. I can deal with lower battery power as the phone is invariably on charge at work, car and home. The One+ phones seem to have compatibility issues with Android Auto and that's making me rethink my decision. I've never liked Moto, ever, but after Lenovo's takeover, they seem to be launching good phones. As if to throw a spanner in the works, there's good old Nokia coming this month - the Nokia 6 I reckon that's well specced and almost stock Android experience. Well, let me know when you've made your decision.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 1st July 2017 at 20:08.
Old 1st July 2017, 20:30   #25972

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughts. May I know what issues did you face with your Moto? With Samsung, everyone in my house has one and that's why I wanna go for something different.
Network reception, call quality, dual sim functionality issues, audio overall were the major ones. It's been years though and I had a budget Moto as my secondary phone. Still, wasn't quite happy as the budget Samsung's were way better even then. The resale value is also very very bad.

I understand you want a different device. Why don't you go for an HTC then.? HTC makes good devices I've had an M8 for years and completely loved it. If you've been a BlackBerry fan, the KeyOne is also going to make it's way soon to India. Will run on Nougat 7.0. You can even check the Google Pixel. The new Pixel also might come sometime soon.

Still, the best Android option overall right now if all factors are are Samsung's flagship series. They also offer water and dust resistance also which is a superb add on to its long feature list. I find the edge screen & its functions so useful that I hardly can imagine a phone without this now.
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:09   #25973
BHPian

Anybody has experience with shopping from Samsung estore ? Do they deliver on time ?
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:49   #25974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Anybody has experience with shopping from Samsung estore ? Do they deliver on time ?
I cancelled my.corporate code offer Note 4 around 2 years because they were very very bureaucratic and slow in their fulfillment. Essentially, the website orders are fulfilled by different service providers so overall it was a terrible experience!

Avoid unless the deal is excellent or you have a corporate offer.
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:54   #25975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use the v20 and it's fun. some say the secondary screen is gimmicky but heck don't we love gimmicks? i use it a lot and i wish they wouldn't drop it on the v30.

at the price it is a great buy.
Old 2nd July 2017, 10:16   #25976
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I use the v20 and it's fun. some say the secondary screen is gimmicky but heck don't we love gimmicks? i use it a lot and i wish they wouldn't drop it on the v30.
I agree, that secondary screen is wonderful, I find it much more usable than the edge in Samsung. I am already looking forward to the V30
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:31   #25977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajthere View Post
Network reception, call quality, dual sim functionality issues, audio overall were the major ones. It's been years though and I had a budget Moto as my secondary phone. Still, wasn't quite happy as the budget Samsung's were way better even then. The resale value is also very very bad.

I understand you want a different device. Why don't you go for an HTC then.? HTC makes good devices I've had an M8 for years and completely loved it. If you've been a BlackBerry fan, the KeyOne is also going to make it's way soon to India. Will run on Nougat 7.0. You can even check the Google Pixel. The new Pixel also might come sometime soon.

Still, the best Android option overall right now if all factors are are Samsung's flagship series. They also offer water and dust resistance also which is a superb add on to its long feature list. I find the edge screen & its functions so useful that I hardly can imagine a phone without this now.
Thank you for that. I'd buy the Pixel if it was within my 35k budget. I also like HTC but all of their latest handsets are beyond my price bracket. Again, with Samsung, I love the S8 but the price isn't lovely. The lower spec phones are already used in my house and that's brought a kind of brand fatigue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

at the price it is a great buy.
Yes, that's what I thought too! I like the V20 for that and I don't mind waiting for the V30, provided they don't inflate its price.

Looks like there's no secondary screen on the V30! Link to article here: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v30_midfr...news-25931.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I agree, that secondary screen is wonderful, I find it much more usable than the edge in Samsung. I am already looking forward to the V30
Thank you vb-san. I'm smitten by the secondary screen on the V20 too. The HTC Ultra has one too but not properly implemented.

Also, the Moto Z2 Force is about to be released. It's touting a shatter proof glass and I'm not sure how strong it is.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 2nd July 2017 at 11:41.
Old 2nd July 2017, 13:35   #25978
Senior - BHPian

The V30 would be hitting stores in Sep only if at all. Remember that the v10 was not launched in India. LG is funny that way

Shall miss the secondary screen after getting used to it.

I had the Moto X Force before this as a stopgap between my G4 and the V20. Nice backup with the 3750mah battery but otherwise a so-so phone. Was bad with getting updates as well.
Old 2nd July 2017, 14:17   #25979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I cancelled my.corporate code offer Note 4 around 2 years because they were very very bureaucratic and slow in their fulfillment. Essentially, the website orders are fulfilled by different service providers so overall it was a terrible experience!

Avoid unless the deal is excellent or you have a corporate offer.
Thank you! The same experience for me. I cancelled my order and got a j7 max from a store near my house. J7 max is really good with respect to softw5. It comes with 7.1 installed .
Old 6th July 2017, 20:02   #25980
Oxy
BHPian

Looks like an OP5 killer this:

http://www.amazon.in/b?node=13831924...5-c7dc5b6ce8b9

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks