Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 14:33   #25846
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hello everyone !!

It looks like nobody was excited for the Nokia India launch today.
Could be because of the specs. The top range Nokia 6 comes with Qualcomm 430. Features and specs wise, it seems a bit overpriced compared to the comperition ie, primirily Mi. But I would vouch for Nokia's design, friendliness and build quality.
Check this article on Nokia's phones
Praises the current launches for their build quality.

Quote:
Thankfully, HMD Global seems to have made build quality a top priority while designing these phones. JerryRigEverything, a popular YouTuber who performs durability tests and teardowns on smartphones, was shocked to see just how well built the Nokia 6 is. The device has a metal-midplate held down by a whopping 19 screws that is sandwiched between the metal back and the screen. This adds a ton of rigidity to the smartphones and makes it almost impossible to bend or damage the smartphone easily.
There is also a mention on how the OS is optimized for the hardware thats on. Waiting for their launch, currently without a phone. I sold my Redmi Note 4 on olx yesterday. Not able to get used to the size. Plus was facing call quality issues intermittently. Otherwise, it was a smooth phone. And being Redmi, I did not lose much money.
Old 13th June 2017, 14:48   #25847
BHPian

Quote:
I was following it. Good to see them going for offline model. Should make it easier to get any after sales service. They are expensive compared to similar specced offerings from Moto and Xiaomi, but have to see how they perform. Nokia are promising fast software updates and monthly security updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Considering that OnePlus started from selling a phone with a price tag of 21k to now the rumored 38k, just in 3 years is a big jump for the company. It may end up making consumers move towards the Samsung/Apple/Pixel range (after all its only a 20% increase).

I own a 3t & OPX. The 3t is outrageously VFM.
Agree. I stretched my budget for the OP3 but I won't be spending 40k+ for their future phones. I will probably switch to other companies when I'm ready to move on from my OP3.
Old 13th June 2017, 15:47   #25848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-in...608.0.0.0SQ4tr

The adapter worked really well for me on Redmi note 3. When I tried to use it on redmi note 4, it just did not recognise the sim card.

Nonetheless, I'd definitely recommend it. The only drawback is the delivery schedule of Ali express.
Thank you - I am also looking to use this with my Redmi Note 3.

--Anoop
Old 13th June 2017, 16:07   #25849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Could be because of the specs. The top range Nokia 6 comes with Qualcomm 430. Features and specs wise, it seems a bit overpriced compared to the comperition ie, primirily Mi. But I would vouch for Nokia's design, friendliness and build quality.
Check this article on Nokia's phones
Praises the current launches for their build quality.

Build quality has been always Nokia's trademark. (I am still using my 'vintage' Nokia Lumia 830 without a screen guard nor a cover.)
I agree the specs aren't interesting, but it used to be an iconic brand back in the days. It's something like the iconic iPod classic.
I follow Youtuber Jerry Rig Everything and I saw the same video you are talking about. There is another Youtuber Everything Apple Pro, he had drop tested the Nokia 6 up to 50 feet height. Although none of us may ever drop a phone from that height, it is good to say that the Nokia works after the fall, but only for the primary function of a phone, making voice calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I was following it. Good to see them going for offline model. Should make it easier to get any after sales service. They are expensive compared to similar specced offerings from Moto and Xiaomi, but have to see how they perform. Nokia are promising fast software updates and monthly security updates.

Agree. I stretched my budget for the OP3 but I won't be spending 40k+ for their future phones. I will probably switch to other companies when I'm ready to move on from my OP3.
They are taking the offline route for Nokia 3 and Nokia 5, their basic Android models, while the Nokia 6 is Amazon Exclusive with registrations starting tomorrow. I am not sure about when deliveries will start.
Old 13th June 2017, 18:30   #25850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I sold my Redmi Note 4 on olx yesterday. Not able to get used to the size. Plus was facing call quality issues intermittently.
Could you please elaborate on these call quality issues. I am looking to purchase the phone in a while.
Old 14th June 2017, 05:40   #25851
BHPian

Oneplus 5 pop up events to be held in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Hyderabad immediately after the official launch. Prospective buyers can try their hands on the phone before buying it. Registration now open at oneplus official webpage for these events.
Old 14th June 2017, 12:28   #25852
BANNED

Quote:
Hello everyone !!

Yes, I am waiting for it from last 2 months or so. Going to be Dad's next phone. Mostly I will go for the 6, I don't expect HMD to follow MI nuisance of every week limited model sale. If at all I wont get it, I will settle for 5. Anyway, my purchase will be in August, before visiting my Dad in my native.

If the quality seems that good like they bloat it, may be my next phone would be a Nokia too.
Old 14th June 2017, 16:22   #25853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Could you please elaborate on these call quality issues. I am looking to purchase the phone in a while.
This happened intermittently. People at the other end were not able to hear me out clear. At times, a restart would fix this. Otherwise, this is a beautiful phone. My brother and mother uses the same, they have no complaints.

More here and here
Old 14th June 2017, 16:29   #25854
Distinguished - BHPian

LG G6 is currently on a Lightning deal on Amazon for 39,000/-. Seems to be a good deal for the otherwise quoted price of 55,000/-.
Old 16th June 2017, 00:25   #25855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I have had call quality issues on RN3 since forever. You run it on 2g and the call quality is brilliant and no drops.

Use it on 3G and the other party complains. At the same time, any iPhone 6s/7 / S7 user on the same 3G network will complain much lesser.

I am still okay since I'm on 2g all the time on one sim.
Old 16th June 2017, 06:08   #25856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
LG G6 is currently on a Lightning deal on Amazon for 39,000/-. Seems to be a good deal for the otherwise quoted price of 55,000/-.
Guess it got over by the time news spread.
Old 16th June 2017, 08:04   #25857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I have had call quality issues on RN3 since forever. You run it on 2g and the call quality is brilliant and no drops.

Use it on 3G and the other party complains. At the same time, any iPhone 6s/7 / S7 user on the same 3G network will complain much lesser.

I am still okay since I'm on 2g all the time on one sim.
I also use the RN3 and no issues whatsoever. I use 4G network all the time. Once there was some battery issue and the battery was replaced under warranty. I think there must be some software issue in your phone. I recommend you to get the software update from the service centre and this should solve your problem.
Old 16th June 2017, 08:37   #25858
BANNED

Got the freebie cover for my Samsung S8 yesterday. This Tumi case is almost identical to the Spigen I bought some time back.
Old 18th June 2017, 10:06   #25859
Senior - BHPian

So the Moto Z2 Play was delivered on Friday. Switched to it yesterday.

1. Unlike the Moto Z Play, it did not come with a rear cover. So the rear is somewhat exposed. Not sure I like it that way so looking for a reliable rear cover.

2. Not too sure I fully understand why I have to have a different connector for charger/data transfer.

3. WhatsApp uploaded nearly 300 MB of stuff to my Drive account in the name of backup; but failed to restore from it despite several tries. Now I have given up. Terrible backup/restore process. In a way I suppose it is good that all the accumulated cruft is gone; but there is some information I wanted to retain access to.

4. I'm not installing every app blindly; instead waiting till I reach a sense of uncontrollable need till I install each. So far only Asana and Slack have made the cut.

Overnight the charge indicator dropped by 5% which I thought is pretty good. At 80% it predicted I have enough juice to last a further 1 day and 9 hours.
Old 18th June 2017, 10:14   #25860
BHPian

Looks like no HTC fans out here

I am considering the HTC U11 @52k. Quite a package especially the camera and audio aspect and I need a phone that packs a stellar audio experience.

Let's wait and see what offers we get in coming days. In the mean time One Plus 5 will be out as well but that ditto copy of Iphone 7 plus is a slight put off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks