Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 17:34   #25831
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Anyone keenly awaiting the Oneplus 5?? I am really looking forward to it and hope they keep it under 40K. SD835, 8 GB ram,23MP cam - all sounds great (of course speculation).

Edit: Ticket / Entry voucher sales for the Live launch event can be secured from the Oneplus site starting tomorrow.
Rumours are pointing to 33k and 38k for 2 variants probably one with 6/64 GB and another with 8/128 GB. I don't think they will price it beyond 40k.
Old 11th June 2017, 19:19   #25832
BANNED

Came across an interesting product which allows you to tun a SIM and uSD card at the same time with Hybrid slots. However you need a case / cover to cover the extension. It is available on Amazon.in for under ₹400. Any experience!

'Its tough to get a phone which will give you 2 SIM and SD card slot. You can check this out, pretty neat if you have a cover. (imho it is almost necessary).

Avails You To Run 2 SIM And Micro SD Card, All At A Time Hybrid SIM Slot Adapter. Avails You To Run 2 SIM And uSD at the same time. Check under Amazon.in: Electronics'

Last edited by sgiitk : 11th June 2017 at 19:26.
Old 11th June 2017, 19:28   #25833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

Avails You To Run 2 SIM And Micro SD Card, All At A Time Hybrid SIM Slot Adapter. Avails You To Run 2 SIM And uSD at the same time. Check under Amazon.in: Electronics'[/i]
I got one from Alixpress for 160/- and it works pretty well.
Old 12th June 2017, 21:18   #25834
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Clear View case for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-S8-plus-Mirror-View-Cases-Clear-Window-Chrome-Flip-Stand-/292144188608?hash=item4405268cc0:g2sAAOSw-K9ZLpLt
Old 13th June 2017, 09:30   #25835
BANNED

@bluevolt; Got a Spigen liquid air case from Amazon and that is excellent. It was as per advice from one of these fora. I found Samsung are also offering some other case of their own as a freebie. Still waiting for it.
Old 13th June 2017, 10:38   #25836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@bluevolt; Got a Spigen liquid air case from Amazon and that is excellent. It was as per advice from one of these fora. I found Samsung are also offering some other case of their own as a freebie. Still waiting for it.
In my experience, most clear cases (even good branded ones) turn yellowish after a few months.

In fact Apple (Imagine Stores) even provided a warranty replacement on a reputed brand's clear case (maybe Capdase) and the same came from HongKong.

Have I been singularly unlucky with my clear cases? If not, why does this happen?
Old 13th June 2017, 10:43   #25837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Some other additions in MIUI 8 includes cloned apps functionality in which we can run two whatsapp accounts or two fb accounts etc. in one single device.

Dual accounts or "Second space" is another addition. Just like how we can have two accounts in windows. Helpful if you have kids around who use your phone to play games.
Anyone using the "Second space", please give your feedback on the phone performance. Does this reduce the performance of the phone?

I am planning to buy Redmi 4 (or note 4) especially for this feature.
- Is there any other phone which gives this feature?
- When Redmi 4 with 4GB/64GB expected to Indian market?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2017 at 12:07. Reason: Typo.
Old 13th June 2017, 10:53   #25838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Rumours are pointing to 33k and 38k for 2 variants probably one with 6/64 GB and another with 8/128 GB. I don't think they will price it beyond 40k.
It will certainly not be priced beyond INR 40K. From the early reports online, the price range would be around 33-35 K INR. Which puts it bang in the high middle-end kind of product bracket. It looks gorgeous in black, from the initial renders and leaks. Yes it may look like an iPhone 7, but then who cares as long as it looks fantastic. It is rumoured to be even thinner than the OnePlus 3, though I don't know what than achieves other than bragging rights. The One Plus 3/3T itself is pretty svelte.

Going by my flawless experience with the OnePlus 3 purchased exactly a year back, I am certainly looking forward to this launch. Promises to be an absolute scorcher going by the specs.
Old 13th June 2017, 11:55   #25839
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have idea on the structure of the Amazon or Oneplus website OP5 sale?

Is it with highly limited quantities and a 'flash'sale types? Or has OP India stocked up enough quantities of the OP5?
Old 13th June 2017, 12:28   #25840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Does anyone have idea on the structure of the Amazon or Oneplus website OP5 sale?

Is it with highly limited quantities and a 'flash'sale types? Or has OP India stocked up enough quantities of the OP5?
The launch event invitation kit includes "invite" as one of the items. So, i believe the sale is going to be an invite only affair, at least during initial days!
Old 13th June 2017, 13:03   #25841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
I got one from Alixpress for 160/- and it works pretty well.
Can you please post the link? How is your experience with the adapter?

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 13th June 2017 at 13:10.
Old 13th June 2017, 13:11   #25842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
The launch event invitation kit includes "invite" as one of the items. So, i believe the sale is going to be an invite only affair, at least during initial days!
OnePlus got rid of the invite system last year with the OP3 and they confirmed that the OP5 will not have the invite system. I don't think they will have flash sales either as they never used that model here. OP3 was freely available after launch except for very brief periods when the stock ran out. Overall, it shouldn't be the mad rush that Xiaomi sales are.

Last edited by JonSnow : 13th June 2017 at 13:17.
Old 13th June 2017, 13:42   #25843
BHPian

Hello everyone !!

It looks like nobody was excited for the Nokia India launch today.

Anyhow here's the link

The important part of the article:

Quote:
Nokia 3 and Nokia 5 are both offline-exclusive products, and will be available via over 80,000 retail stores that stock the company's handsets. The Nokia 3 price in India is Rs. 9,499 and it will go on sale starting June 16, while the price in India of Nokia 5 is Rs. 12,899, and pre-bookings for the handset will begin on July 7. On the other hand, Nokia 6 price in India is Rs. 14,999, and the smartphone will be exclusively available on Amazon India. Registrations for the Nokia 6 sale will begin on July 14 on Amazon.
Adding on to the topic above about the Oneplus 5.

The invite code in the invite kit is used for mainly to enter the launch event and maybe for purchasing the phone at the launch event.

2.5 hours after the launch the phone will be available on amazon.in for sale. If it has a headphone jack, it's going to have a lot of people's money (including mine). Looking at the official photos from the Oneplus site, i did not see a headphone jack at the top. (fingers crossed for it to be at the bottom)
Old 13th June 2017, 13:46   #25844
BHPian

Considering that OnePlus started from selling a phone with a price tag of 21k to now the rumored 38k, just in 3 years is a big jump for the company. It may end up making consumers move towards the Samsung/Apple/Pixel range (after all its only a 20% increase).

I own a 3t & OPX. The 3t is outrageously VFM.
Old 13th June 2017, 14:32   #25845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Can you please post the link? How is your experience with the adapter?

--Anoop
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-in...608.0.0.0SQ4tr

The adapter worked really well for me on Redmi note 3. When I tried to use it on redmi note 4, it just did not recognise the sim card.

Nonetheless, I'd definitely recommend it. The only drawback is the delivery schedule of Ali express.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks