Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 17:30   #25816
Distinguished - BHPian

The Samsung C7 pro at 25,990 on Amazon is also a good proposition.
Specs as below. Samsung is finally pricing higher tech phones at a good price!

*16MP primary camera and 16MP front facing camera with f/1.9 aperture lens

*14.45 centimeters (5.7-inch) Full HD super AMOLED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
* 2.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 626 octa core processor, Adreno 506 GPU,
*4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory expandable up to 256GB and dual SIM dual-standby (4G+4G)
*3300mAh lithium-ion battery

Last edited by Behemoth : 9th June 2017 at 17:32.
Old 9th June 2017, 19:09   #25817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Since you dont want to go beyond 30k, OnePlus is a good option in this price range with almost stock android experience with very few useful customization.
I just looked at the Moto Z2 Play; looks like a good phone. With an exchange I'm getting it for about 23K on Flipkart.

I don't like the sound of "almost stock android". Motorola has "nearly identical stock android" (based on my experience with E2 & Nexus 5).

The only issue seems to me is that I have to change all the charging cables I have (I'll need several; I keep chargers at home workdesk, cars, office and travel bag).
Old 9th June 2017, 19:31   #25818
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I just looked at the Moto Z2 Play; looks like a good phone. With an exchange I'm getting it for about 23K on Flipkart.
I dont see a major difference to Moto Z Play which may be priced even lower. You can check it out.
Old 9th June 2017, 22:08   #25819
BHPian

Anyone here has experience buying refurbished from Overcart.com?

TIA.

Neel
Old 9th June 2017, 22:32   #25820
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post

TIA.

Neel
I bought an earphone recently, so not as important. But they turned out to be defective and the refund process has started.

I would suggest trying overcart only if the savings are huge. Otherwise don't bother especially with brands like Moto whose service centres employ a bunch of illiterates who believe that anybody buying from any place other than Amazon/Flipkart doesn't deserve a warranty.
Old 10th June 2017, 09:15   #25821
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered the XZ Premium in chrome, shall be getting delivery next week.. even before launch I can see that the haters of Sony have gotten hyper-active in GSM Arena. I don't get why people do not respect a company older than Apple & Samsung with a patent history 10 times more in numbers and surely, much much greater than any of the xyz Chinese brands cropping up today (OnePlus and Mi are kind of proven as of now).

Here's a video of the XZ Premium destroying an Apple iPhone 7+ in speed, unprecedented feat :

And if it beat the iPhone 7+ in speed, the S8 would be an evening snack :

Costs a very reasonable Rs.59k + bluetooth speaker worth 9k free. Can't wait for it, 4k display, slow-motion camera, fastest Android phone EVER.
Old 10th June 2017, 10:02   #25822
Senior - BHPian

Ugh! Those bezels! :P

Still have fond memories of my old Sony Ericssson t610. It had themes!

They ruled when the walkman series came out but somewhere along the way they lost the plot. Marketing? Bad products? Lack of updates? Who knows...Just does not sell all that much. A flagship needs a lot of hype around it to really sell. Sony today just does not command that hype in the retail shelf.

But seriously, that thick forehead and thick chin has to go!

You sir, are but one of the few loyalists hanging on.

As for Apple and Samsung fans on gsmarena, well it's a never ending battle and there is no pleasing the fanbois of the world. Ignore.
Old 10th June 2017, 10:42   #25823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Here's a video of the XZ Premium destroying an Apple iPhone 7+ in speed, unprecedented feat :
Are we seeing the same video you are mentioning? I saw many of the tests he did including the benchmark were tilted in favor of the iPhone. I myself have shifted from the iPhone 6 plus to Oneplus and android BTW.

Last edited by ampere : 10th June 2017 at 12:10. Reason: Removed Video link
Old 10th June 2017, 10:51   #25824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont see a major difference to Moto Z Play which may be priced even lower. You can check it out.
I recently bought a Z Play for my wife; so for myself wanted something different. I'd feel a bit awkward with identical phones. :-)

Comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone3=5705

The things that stand out are (a) Z2 is 12% lighter than Z, (b) has 4 GB RAM option, and (c) comes with Nougat out of the box (so I expect Z to not go beyond Android O and Z2 will go till Android P).

The downsides seem to be a slightly lower capacity battery and lower MP camera. I am not much of a photographer so the latter is no big deal. The former I'm still ambivalent about, so reading more reviews.

There is the problem of the charging cable. I have 15-20 older USB cables all of which become obsolete due to these two phones supporting only type-C :-(
Old 10th June 2017, 18:04   #25825

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post

TIA.

Neel
I have bought three phones and 2 BT headsets from them. Overall, I am satisfied. I have had issues with products, both phones. In one case, I got a refund in one week. The other dragged for a bit because the phone developed a fault after their 15 day return policy. It was resolved in the end (about 30 days after malfunction). I was offered refund or exchange. I exchanged it for a different phone.

The oldest phone (Redmi 1s) is more than 2 years old and going strong.

Anyone, who is not aware, Overcart is an arm of Regenersis. The same people who are responsible for ASS for a lot of mobile phone manufacturers.
Old 10th June 2017, 19:00   #25826
BHPian

Quote:
The downsides seem to be a slightly lower capacity battery and lower MP camera. I am not much of a photographer so the latter is no big deal. The former I'm still ambivalent about, so reading more reviews.
Although the MP count has reduced, the sensor and lens have been improved so I would expect the camera to perform better in fact, though we have to wait for reviews. The Pixel, iPhone and galaxy s8 all have 12 mp cameras too.
Old 10th June 2017, 20:38   #25827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Although the MP count has reduced, the sensor and lens have been improved so I would expect the camera to perform better in fact, though we have to wait for reviews.
Same is being said about the battery capacity - that though the mAh number has reduced, the overall package is more energy efficient and hence the battery would last longer (than the Z Play).

Anyway, I have placed the order. Delivery is on Friday. Let us see.
Old 10th June 2017, 21:11   #25828
BHPian

Quote:
Same is being said about the battery capacity - that though the mAh number has reduced, the overall package is more energy efficient and hence the battery would last longer (than the Z Play).

Anyway, I have placed the order. Delivery is on Friday. Let us see.
It will be more efficient but I doubt it will be enough to compensate for the drop in battery capacity. Still it should get decent battery life, even if slightly less stellar than the Z Play. Let us know when you have owned it for a few days.
Old 11th June 2017, 11:11   #25829
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone keenly awaiting the Oneplus 5?? I am really looking forward to it and hope they keep it under 40K. SD835, 8 GB ram,23MP cam - all sounds great (of course speculation).

Edit: Ticket / Entry voucher sales for the Live launch event can be secured from the Oneplus site starting tomorrow.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th June 2017 at 11:12.
Old 11th June 2017, 12:22   #25830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Anyone keenly awaiting the Oneplus 5??.
I am waiting for it and am on a temporary Redmi 4A. Am traveling to the US this weekend and wondering if I should source it there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks