Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 18:32   #7441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Full phone specifications
320x240 screen. How is that anyhow good? It is samsung's marketing ploy to unseat the Optimus one which is much better with a 320x480 screen, or the (less sold in India) dell XCD35 with 800x480 screen. and they add this colorplus stuff - shows pure performance doesn't sell, bling does
+1 to that. Held the Galaxy Y in a shop recently and it was an instant put off. Didn't even feel like holding it in my hand. The O1 is obviously much better. The Optimus Net should be even better and makes so much more sense for just a bit more, but its one of the worst/most boring looking phones I'v seen and I guess that goes against it. Does not matter what we think - the Y seems to be selling like hot cakes. Performance is obviously taking a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Guys is rediff shopping a good website?Phones seem to be priced lowest over there.
Rediff is one of those sites where you can get lucky once a while, but overall its a high risk site. Such sites obviously try to lure you with lower rates. Try not to fall for it. On the other hand, if you are in the mood to gamble, go ahead. Who knows, it may be your lucky day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm a bit of a schizophrenic on phones: I don't really need a smart phone. My requirements are only phone calls and SMS, plus having a camera in the pocket, and GPS. I have no requirement to see my email when away from home, and, although a forum addict, I do not use "social networking" sites at all. I have long-since written off as hopeless any internet use on something with a screen the size of my N-82. A bigger, touch screen might change my view of this. On the other hand, the gadget-phile shopoholic in me forbids buying a basic phone!
I'd not go for the Defy if you want a good cam. From the samples I'v seen on the net, both still photography and video capture is not one of its strong points. Just compare with SE Neo and see the difference.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2012 at 21:31.
Old 19th January 2012, 21:27   #7442
BHPian

Re: Troubleshooting Tip: Android Back Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
This may be OT but I thought this would help.

Recently I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note and within a few days the back key (soft key) started giving me trouble. It'd work for some part of the day and then just go dead. To revive it, I had to switch off and switch on the phone.

A few days back I upgraded the firmware on my phone and now it works like a charm (touch wood).

Please let me know if you have faced a similar issue on your phone too.
I have Galaxy Note, and had this non functioning of touch keys (menu and back) after a reboot they started to work.

I upgraded my ROMs and then it never came back.
Old 20th January 2012, 07:49   #7443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Dear Bhpian Gurus of ROOTING ( or any other T-Bhp mate who may help)

Please share the step wise method how to root and install android honeycomb 3.2.
I am having iberry BT10 (android 2.3 presently) and would very much like to root this tablet.

thanks in advance
Cheers
At the time of posting above i was a noob i still am also
My trial & errors in past few days

SuperOneclick kept on doing some failed process reportedly and ultimately remained in infinite loop after first message saying your phone seems to be rooted. I had to to force close every thing.

I have checked with rootchecker it is not rooted.

Now i am posting some more details so that i may get some help

iBerry BT10
Telechip 8803@1.2 GHz
ARM Cortex-A8, 512 KB cache
512MB DDR3
4GB internal flash storage
Android
Ver 2.3.3
Kernel 2.6.35.7
Build No. BT1020111202_1207
Device No. xxxxxxx....092032

Plz help me mates

thanks again
Old 20th January 2012, 08:15   #7444

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1
At the time of posting above i was a noob i still am also
My trial & errors in past few days

SuperOneclick kept on doing some failed process reportedly and ultimately remained in infinite loop after first message saying your phone seems to be rooted. I had to to force close every thing.

I have checked with rootchecker it is not rooted.
A developer has to develop a root for your device. Until and unless any developer does it, I don't think there is any way to root your tablet.
Old 20th January 2012, 09:05   #7445
BANNED

Gingerbread is not as simple to root as Froyo. You have to put in a few programs (zip files) in the root of the SD card and then install them.
Old 20th January 2012, 10:40   #7446
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys..i just sold my BBB3 and SGTP1000 and ordered the SGN from sulekha.com

Awaiting the delivery now
Old 20th January 2012, 10:48   #7447

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec

Congrats! Its an amazing phone! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Btw, how much did it cost?
Old 20th January 2012, 10:59   #7448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
320x240 screen. How is that anyhow good? It is samsung's marketing ploy to unseat the Optimus one which is much better with a 320x480 screen, or the (less sold in India) dell XCD35 with 800x480 screen. and they add this colorplus stuff - shows pure performance doesn't sell, bling does

All the resolution and performance numbers dont add up well when it comes to practical value. It is about how comfortable you are with the phone for a given price. I dont think there is anything bling in the phone. Having 4 colored back panels does not necessarily make it so. It is just a good thing to have given the tendency of the back panels to get scratches easily. And it also helps ladies to match it with their purse or dress. My wife is fully comfortable with this phone.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:24   #7449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post

What was the MRP you paid? When I was buying, Alfa at Irla was selling the note for 31,250.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:30   #7450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post
Congrats! Its an amazing phone! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Btw, how much did it cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
What was the MRP you paid? When I was buying, Alfa at Irla was selling the note for 31,250.
I ordered it on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 now - Sulekha Offers and paid 30,189 for This was the best deal i could find.

Croma - 33,900
Letsbuy - 33,500
Flipkart - 32,700
Irla/Alfa/Others - 32,000
Sulekha - 30,189

BTW these prices are due to the recent hike in electronics pricing due to INR becoming weaker v/s the USD...prior to this the S2 and Note were cheaper that the level i bought it at now.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 20th January 2012 at 12:32.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:56   #7451
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked the Samsung Galaxy R from sulekha.com on monday evening and received it on wednesday for Rs 18,999. FK had it at 21k and outside it was more expensive than that. I was a little hesitant to order it from Sulekha but then a friend of mine bought the same model a week before me and he got it delivered without an issue. I read a complaint from someone in Hyd for whom the courier was misplaced but since the phone is being dispatched from Blore I wasnt too worried.

I was leaning towards the Note given the larger screen and ease of typing (have large hands) but in the end the additional 11k was too much. The Galaxy S2 was out of contention because I felt it was too expensive for what it offered. A friend of mine has the S2 and to conserve the battery has been forced to reduce brightness which I feel negates the advantage of the SAMOLED screen.

Does anyone know where phone covers for the Galaxy R are available in Blore / online ?
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:28   #7452

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho
The Galaxy S2 was out of contention because I felt it was too expensive for what it offered. A friend of mine has the S2 and to conserve the battery has been forced to reduce brightness which I feel negates the advantage of the SAMOLED screen.

Does anyone know where phone covers for the Galaxy R are available in Blore / online ?
S2 offers much more for its price!! Look at iphone 4 and you will realize how well S2 is priced! And no smartphone has good battery life. I use SAMOLED at least brightness and it is still the best screen. Reason, you need to increase the brightness only outside under the sun.

For the covers, you can try any local mobile shop or if you want to order online, then flipkart. :-)
Old 20th January 2012, 15:29   #7453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahem ahem, did I already mention that I bought Dell XCD35

I was seriously considering Galaxy Y when looking for a phone for wife but nothing except OSv2.3 appealed to me about the phone. But now with XCD35 rooted within a week of purchase, how far can a custom ROM & v2.3 be.

So relax phamilyman, on t-bhp even performance sells!

BTW someone mentioned about the better version of XCD35 being launched soon, anybody with any news on that front? If priced right I'll buy one for myself this time.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:32   #7454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Booked the Samsung Galaxy R from sulekha.com on monday evening and received it on wednesday for Rs 18,999. FK had it at 21k and outside it was more expensive than that. I was a little hesitant to order it from Sulekha but then a friend of mine bought the same model a week before me and he got it delivered without an issue. I read a complaint from someone in Hyd for whom the courier was misplaced but since the phone is being dispatched from Blore I wasnt too worried.

Please share your experience with this one... this is phone in my shortlist.
Old 20th January 2012, 16:31   #7455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Galaxy S2 was out of contention because I felt it was too expensive for what it offered. A friend of mine has the S2 and to conserve the battery has been forced to reduce brightness which I feel negates the advantage of the SAMOLED screen.
I will have to disagree here. S2's price is justified for what it offers if you look at the competitors from HTC and Apple. Also, inorder to conserve battery on ANY android mobile, you will have to tone down brightness. And at the least brightness, the S2 knocks everything else out! I have squeezed 2.5 days out of my S2 in less activity and around 1.5 days with regular activities. If one gets the 2000mAh battery pack (available as an accessory), more life can be easily obtained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post
S2 offers much more for its price!! Look at iphone 4 and you will realize how well S2 is priced! And no smartphone has good battery life. I use SAMOLED at least brightness and it is still the best screen. Reason, you need to increase the brightness only outside under the sun.
+1 !

Last edited by _raVan_ : 20th January 2012 at 16:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks