BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My new hardware...

Attachment 1110010

Attachment 1110011

...and software!

Attachment 1110012
Congrats on the Nexus ! I see you rooted it already! How's it going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
OK people my first post using Nexus 4.
Awesome phone. Simply loving every bit of it.
Now gotta get some protection for this beauty. Thanks Topgear for all the pointers
Welcome to the Nexus fan club . I also think it's an awesome phone. You are most welcome regarding the pointers. Let me know if you need any other info.

One bug I noticed-hope you don't experience it- sometimes, I am unable to switch bluetooth on. The bluetooth 'button' keeps sliding to 'Off' position even after repeated trying. A restart seems to work. Funny. Apart from that minor issue, no issues whatsoever. Blazing fast, smooth as butter. I lose patience when I sometimes handle wifey's S Duos .

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th July 2013 at 06:41. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 15th July 2013, 17:25   #15782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post

Congrats on the Nexus ! I see you rooted it already! How's it going?
To say I was disappointed with the stock rom would be an understatement. So within a week I had to root it but even ParanoidAndroid 3.6 wouldn't come close to the WIUI experience (rom on my earlier defy plus) in terms of usability. After another week on xda I chanced upon PAC and now I've got the coolest looking phone packed with the coolest of features available for Nexus.

For now I've got absolutely nothing against the phone or the rom, maybe except for missing the waterproof feature of defy plus.

The amount of customization is incredible, two thumbs up for this phone with pac rom.
Old 15th July 2013, 19:08   #15783
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Asif, can you pls post some pics taken with the N4 ?
Here are some pics I had shot using my Nexus. Light conditions varied from sunlight to indoor lighting.

While the camera may not be among the best out there, the display is really top notch. Very very real, vivid colours. Not at all over saturated like the Samsungs. None of the blue tinge too, like I found, especially on the Note II.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Doc3.docx (482.1 KB, 239 views)
File Type: docx Doc1.docx (460.4 KB, 217 views)
File Type: docx Doc4.docx (457.9 KB, 235 views)
Old 15th July 2013, 19:40   #15784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No one talking about the good-old Motorola Defy these days on this thread.
Has everyone stopped using theirs (it is now quite an old model now)?
I intend using mine for another two years. CyanagenMod has made it look and feel like a new phone, although, sadly, nothing can be done to improve the very poor camera. I think mine is 10.1 too.

One battery last me at least a day (I make very few phone calls) and I have the phone as a clock every night, on charge.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th July 2013 at 19:41.
Old 15th July 2013, 21:08   #15785
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I recently did a quick hands on review of the Samsung Galaxy Core smartphone which was launched last month on my blog . You can find the link of my blog by clicking on my profile -> just click the site address and the first post is the one I am talking about.

PS - AFAIK posting personal blog links in posts is prohibited?(not sure though) else I would have posted the link here only. If it is allowed then requesting mods to post link here from my profile.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th July 2013 at 21:28.
Old 16th July 2013, 09:28   #15786
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Xperia ZR Battery Backup

Charged overnight on Sunday Night. Unplugged Monday morning. Battery came down to 1 percent about 7 PM on Tuesday.
Any more updates on the phone? Do you also notice the overheating part which about which many pointers I could find online (though for Xperia Z and not ZR)? Specification wise the phone is very good and for the given price point it makes a very compelling proposition. Hence I was interested. But some how I dont see enough curiosity on this product. Also I have not seen many competing products to match this one. And yet I dont see enough data/feebacks available on line . (Or is it that its relatively new? )

Any thoughts/comments ?

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2013 at 09:29.
Old 16th July 2013, 11:56   #15787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any more updates on the phone? Do you also notice the overheating part which about which many pointers I could find online (though for Xperia Z and not ZR)? Specification wise the phone is very good and for the given price point it makes a very compelling proposition. Hence I was interested. But some how I dont see enough curiosity on this product. Also I have not seen many competing products to match this one. And yet I dont see enough data/feebacks available on line . (Or is it that its relatively new? )

Any thoughts/comments ?
Phone is working great buddy. No complains whatsoever. Great battery life, stable, no overheating, happy with stock rom.

Rooted it last week. Extremely simple.

Lack of interest online is apparent, but then I think the phone has only been launched in Japan (Xperia A), then India, and now Hong Kong - i think. I dont think sony has sent units for reviews to gsmarena etc either.

Sony is launching this phone at higher prices in Sweden and Netherlands (USD 700 as compared to USD 475 here in India)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sony-...g-365787.shtml

Last edited by AbhiJ : 16th July 2013 at 12:04.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:58   #15788
BHPian

Does anyone know where I can buy battery for Sony Ericsson phone online? I am looking for BA700 battery.
This is the problem with lesser popular brands. When it comes to accessories, they are hard to come by. I have called many Sony retailers including Sony center as well as services centers but none of them have it. Earlier I had owned an HTC phone and back then too it became a big task to procure the replacement battery. After these experiences, I feel one should only go for Sammys.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:01   #15789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy battery for Sony Ericsson phone online? I am looking for BA700 battery.
Its available in Amazon international. See if they can ship it to India.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:11   #15790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its available in Amazon international. See if they can ship it to India.
Thanks! Your post gave me clue to check Amazon India website. And it is available there. But there is huge price difference. At Amazon.com it is for $10 where as Amazon.in it is Rs.2,949.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:13   #15791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

Thanks! Your post gave me clue to check Amazon India website. And it is available there. But there is huge price difference. At Amazon.com it is for $10 where as Amazon.in it is Rs.2,949.
Get the 1000rs one from eBay. I saw a seller sending it with warranty.
Old 16th July 2013, 16:59   #15792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I am unable to switch bluetooth on. The bluetooth 'button' keeps sliding to 'Off' position even after repeated trying. A restart seems to work. Funny.
I too have the same bug/issue. Did you install snapdragon battery guru app ? I started noticing this after the installation of that app. That app control various functionalities like WiFi, Bluetooth etc. Though I did not uninstall, I disabled the battery guru. The issue hardly popped up after that.

One more bug is there - Sometimes the call accept function won't work and I'll have to lock and unlock the screen again to accept the 'slide to accept call'. Again, this I started noticing after installing the Windows 8 Theme
Uninstalled it, but happens once in a blue moon !
Old 16th July 2013, 18:17   #15793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
I too have the same bug/issue. Did you install snapdragon battery guru app ? I started noticing this after the installation of that app. That app control various functionalities like WiFi, Bluetooth etc. Though I did not uninstall, I disabled the battery guru. The issue hardly popped up after that.

One more bug is there - Sometimes the call accept function won't work and I'll have to lock and unlock the screen again to accept the 'slide to accept call'. Again, this I started noticing after installing the Windows 8 Theme
Uninstalled it, but happens once in a blue moon !
No, I haven't installed the Snapdragon ... app. Not sure if it is due to some other app I installed.

Thankfully, I have not experienced the bug regarding the call acceptance. However, I have sometimes experienced that the screen refuses to turn on in spite of repeated attempts.
Old 16th July 2013, 20:08   #15794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Phone is working great buddy. No complains whatsoever. Great battery life, stable, no overheating, happy with stock rom.
Thanks for the note Abhi. For the given hardware specification, phone is surely good. I just want to use it out of the box. I have also figured options to boost battery life. So hope fully it should make a good buy. Will think about it and decide soon. Seems like a very good option.
Old 16th July 2013, 20:36   #15795
BHPian

Hey guys off topic I know but I need some help. I purchased an app from the play store. The money was taken from my account but i did not get the product key.
I did email the app producer and even google play team. There was a response from the google play team where they have closed the case saying it has been resolved but i still dont have full access to the app. When I try and make the purchase again it says ' you have a pending order fr this app'.

what do I do?

Any of you faced a similar issue? what happened? did you get your money back or?

Most Viewed