Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 13:57   #15691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Hey AbhiJ.. I got my ZR finally. Have a doubt about a possible issue with my phone. I can't explain it over here (will require a lengthy explanation). Can't PM you either :| Is there any way I can contact you?
Why not briefly explain here please. Other potential buyers or existing users may also benefit.
What are major difference between ZR and Z apart from bellow?
1. Screen 4.6 HD not full HD 5 .
2. GPS no glonass ( read somewhere)
Advantage Water resistance 1:5 mtr against 1 mtr of Z
Old 4th July 2013, 14:23   #15692
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Why not briefly explain here please. Other potential buyers or existing users may also benefit.
Please check these threads confirm Xperia ZR is with GLONASS .

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2012...xperia-phones/

http://gadgetsportal.in/sony-xperia-zr/

Even GSMARENA now confirms that ther phone is with GLONASS.

Kiran
Old 4th July 2013, 16:35   #15693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
We can email / speak on the phone. But I cant send you a PM or Email, so how do I contact you?
Check the videos and call me on the 310 number if you can please. I'd really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
THE zr screen has much better blacks and viewing angles than the Z!

Two small things are bugging me. I don't know if xperia phones are like this or its an isolated incident. I've taken videos which will make it easier to understand.

1. Blank screen just after pressing the lock button.

2. Small noise on calling someone after the ring. It goes away around the 1.30 mins in the video. In fact it was while making the video, that I didn't here that sound. Otherwise its been like that since I got it. The issue is both on microphone and speaker phone. Have test called from a Xperia Z and E, and they didn't have this issue.

Old 4th July 2013, 17:30   #15694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I use the Rearth Ringke Fusion (transparent back) case [http://www.amazon.com/Google-Ringke-...ringke+fusion]. It's excellent - best part is that it is least intrusive. However the protection provided may not be great given that it is polycarbonate. So I use a dual layered combo case (with holster) for outings [http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-LG-...e+for+nexus+4] which gives good protection.

I also have a spare one (actually ended up buying extra which I am now looking to sell ) the Rearth Ringke SF Matte Black soft feeling hard case [http://www.amazon.com/SF-Matte-Black...ringke+fusion]. That should also be good.

[http://www.amazon.com/SF-Matte-Black...ringke+fusion]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Check out Amazon for the user reviews. You'll get a good idea. I personally use the Rearth Ringke Fusion case and it's excellent. I guess Nilkin makes good covers. Check out bhavtav.com for getting it locally.
Hi Top-Gear, Getting my Nexus 4 in approx 15 days time. Looking for some decent protection covers. Went through the options you had listed here.

Could not find this Ringke Fusion case thingy on any Indian site and not interested in importing it. Any Indian source for it?

Also I don't want anything which covers the back fully as I feel back of this phone is very unique.

Any other option that you might have come across.

Thanks.
Old 4th July 2013, 17:55   #15695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Top-Gear, Getting my Nexus 4 in approx 15 days time. Looking for some decent protection covers. Went through the options you had listed here.

Could not find this Ringke Fusion case thingy on any Indian site and not interested in importing it. Any Indian source for it?

Also I don't want anything which covers the back fully as I feel back of this phone is very unique.
Here you go:
http://in.mobilefun.com/38000-rearth...le-nexus-4.htm

and

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=271163370688
Old 5th July 2013, 14:35   #15696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post

1. Blank screen just after pressing the lock button.
The blank screen is normal. Its a blacked out screen without any light when you lock it and a dullish preview of your home screen when you tap the button to unlock.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:45   #15697
Senior - BHPian

Is there a list on this thread, of some nice games? All work and no play making my Note II a dull boy. I'm usually quite late on these things, just discovered Hungry Shark Evolution and it's keeping me busy for hours. Much like a GTA really.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:48   #15698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The blank screen is normal. Its a blacked out screen without any light when you lock it and a dullish preview of your home screen when you tap the button to unlock.
Yeah I wasn't sure it was supposed to work like that

There was some echoing sound coming and a lot of static on loudspeaker. Have given it for replacement, will be replaced. Fingers crossed. Also would like to thank AbhiJ who helped me pinpointing the issue with my phone! Thanks man
Old 5th July 2013, 15:10   #15699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I uninstalled subway surfer game by mistake and now when I have reinstalled it, score and multipliers have reset to 0. How can I bring back my old highest score and multipliers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
No way unless you had the application and data backed up by Titanium Backup or similar utility
There is a way, but of course for the future. Go to Settings->Backup and Restore and check both options.

Then go to Accounts and Sync and locate the Google account which is linked to Play Store. When you go in that, check on Sync App data. This is a new feature rolled out from PlayStore 4 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I have a 720 and am having whatsapp message receipt issues. Also there is a lag in opening the page. Sometimes I can see a message on the notification bar, but the full message is not seen.

Kiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Whatsapp on Windows Phone 8 is fairly problematic. A fairly tech savvy BHPian (deepakchan) has just sold his 920 for an 8k loss because he uses WhatsApp 24x7 and he could do nothing to make it work reliably.
Not just WP or Android, WhatsApp is buggy, memory hog and overall slow across OS. I have heard endless complaints of late/non-delivery, attachment issues and what not. I had installed it way back in 2011 on my BB but couldn't handle the battery drain and slowness. Then when I got Android, I fell for it again (many of my friends had switched over to droid in recent past). I see nothing has changed, and infact last few updates have made the app even more buggy.

Check the memory footprint. It infamously figures in the top 3.
Old 5th July 2013, 15:22   #15700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Not just WP or Android, WhatsApp is buggy, memory hog and overall slow across OS. I have heard endless complaints of late/non-delivery, attachment issues and what not. I had installed it way back in 2011 on my BB but couldn't handle the battery drain and slowness. Then when I got Android, I fell for it again (many of my friends had switched over to droid in recent past). I see nothing has changed, and infact last few updates have made the app even more buggy.

Check the memory footprint. It infamously figures in the top 3.
Totally agree. Infact even gtalk (now hangouts or something) is going the same way, increasing in size with every update and using more RAM than before. I am on the lookout for an earlier version apk of whatsapp - of the time when it used to be small and simple.
Old 5th July 2013, 15:27   #15701
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Totally agree. Infact even gtalk (now hangouts or something) is going the same way, increasing in size with every update and using more RAM than before. I am on the lookout for an earlier version apk of whatsapp - of the time when it used to be small and simple.
Any idea on the version no.??
Old 5th July 2013, 16:09   #15702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Any idea on the version no.??
The pre-Holo theme version number was .1547. However, it won't work. I tried installing it and as soon as it detects data connection (and subsequently an update) it throws an error message and kinda forces you to update.

Hangouts literally does not work on 512 MB RAM phones. Best is to go to Apps and Uninstall updates. That will revert to old Talk (who uses GTalk in the first place?)

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 5th July 2013 at 16:12.
Old 5th July 2013, 18:41   #15703
Senior - BHPian

Sygic & MapmyIndia: GPS

The Sygic maps with MapMyIndia maps are going for the price of Rs.399 on Play store. The normal price is Rs.1399. Check it out...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5hdXJhX21taSJd
Old 5th July 2013, 18:57   #15704
Distinguished - BHPian

Any users of aCar here?
It's going for 180 rupees right for the pro version.
After 2 years of usage, I finally bought it.
Old 5th July 2013, 19:40   #15705
HKS
BHPian

This Karbonn stupid company has launched a yucky phone for Rs 20,000.

This i2Addicted guys have bashed them. http://www.***************/news/karbo...90/2013/07/05/

They even bashed Micromax. http://www.***************/news/has-m...-4/2013/07/05/

Has anyone bought a Karbonn Titanium S5? Heard the processor is crap? Is it true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks