Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 03:19   #15676
Senior - BHPian

I uninstalled subway surfer game by mistake and now when I have reinstalled it, score and multipliers have reset to 0. How can I bring back my old highest score and multipliers?
Old 4th July 2013, 04:15   #15677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I uninstalled subway surfer game by mistake and now when I have reinstalled it, score and multipliers have reset to 0. How can I bring back my old highest score and multipliers?
No way unless you had the application and data backed up by Titanium Backup or similar utility
Old 4th July 2013, 06:00   #15678
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys I was changing ROM in my phone and all my chats in Whatsapp has been deleted. Is there anyway I can restore them?
Old 4th July 2013, 08:08   #15679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I was changing ROM in my phone and all my chats in Whatsapp has been deleted. Is there anyway I can restore them?
Whatsapp automatically backs up your msgs every morning. So just uninstall Whatsapp and reinstall. During installation, you'll be asked if you want to retrieve all chats.

This of course only if you haven't formatted your internal storage because that's where Whatsapp backup gets stored.
Old 4th July 2013, 09:32   #15680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Hey AbhiJ.. I got my ZR finally. Have a doubt about a possible issue with my phone. I can't explain it over here (will require a lengthy explanation). Can't PM you either :| Is there any way I can contact you?
We can email / speak on the phone. But I cant send you a PM or Email, so how do I contact you?
Old 4th July 2013, 09:59   #15681
BHPian

Anyone with a Lumia 520 can comment on whether they are having issues with Whatsapp delivery? I have couple of friends in my office. All are having issues with Whatsapp not delivering content. For e.g. if someone sends them a message, it will not be delivered until they manually open whatsapp. I think the OS is killing the background service which in turn creates this issue. I know its not something related to android but have seen couple of WP8 users here, so asking
Old 4th July 2013, 11:09   #15682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Anyone with a Lumia 520 can comment on whether they are having issues with Whatsapp delivery? I have couple of friends in my office. All are having issues with Whatsapp not delivering content. For e.g. if someone sends them a message, it will not be delivered until they manually open whatsapp. I think the OS is killing the background service which in turn creates this issue. I know its not something related to android but have seen couple of WP8 users here, so asking
I have a 720 and am having whatsapp message receipt issues. Also there is a lag in opening the page. Sometimes I can see a message on the notification bar, but the full message is not seen.

Kiran

Last edited by kiren : 4th July 2013 at 11:12.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:24   #15683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone with a Lumia 520 can comment on whether they are having issues with Whatsapp delivery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I have a 720 and am having whatsapp message receipt issues. Also there is a lag in opening the page. Sometimes I can see a message on the notification bar, but the full message is not seen.
Aha, so I see lots of users affected by the lag in WhatsApp message delivery.
I'm using a Galaxy Grand with Android OS.
Even I'm affected by some problems with WhatsApp:
- Late delivery of messages - Sometimes a message sent in the morning comes in the late afternoon.
- Attachment download error. I am having problems with downloading images / audio files sent by someone. It throws a download error and asks me to try again later.

I was getting a notification to upgrade WhatsApp since couple of days. So I upgraded it on Tuesday, and ever since then, these problems have cropped up.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:35   #15684
Senior - BHPian

Whatsapp on Windows Phone 8 is fairly problematic. A fairly tech savvy BHPian (deepakchan) has just sold his 920 for an 8k loss because he uses WhatsApp 24x7 and he could do nothing to make it work reliably.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:42   #15685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post

Kiran
So, WP is hogged with issues regarding background services it seems. The same users were having issues with exchange active sync with TMG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Aha, so I see lots of users affected by the lag in WhatsApp message delivery.
I'm using a Galaxy Grand with Android OS.
Even I'm affected by some problems with WhatsApp:
- Late delivery of messages - Sometimes a message sent in the morning comes in the late afternoon.
- Attachment download error. I am having problems with downloading images / audio files sent by someone. It throws a download error and asks me to try again later.

I was getting a notification to upgrade WhatsApp since couple of days. So I upgraded it on Tuesday, and ever since then, these problems have cropped up.
Which network you are on? I was having this issue while I was on BSNL but once I moved to Idea, message delivery is instant. An insider from BSNL told me that they are having issues in data network disconnecting from handheld devices without any acknowledgement and hence C2DM of Android (Whastapp uses this for push messages) will have trouble connecting to handsets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Whatsapp on Windows Phone 8 is fairly problematic. A fairly tech savvy BHPian (deepakchan) has just sold his 920 for an 8k loss because he uses WhatsApp 24x7 and he could do nothing to make it work reliably.
Is it? Ironically, there is a 920 user also in my friend circle who is not having any issue with Whatsapp delivery. Actually I have recommended 720 to 2 of the three owners here and they are cursing me for it
Old 4th July 2013, 11:51   #15686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which network you are on? I was having this issue while I was on BSNL but once I moved to Idea, message delivery is instant. An insider from BSNL told me that they are having issues in data network disconnecting from handheld devices without any acknowledgement and hence C2DM of Android (Whastapp uses this for push messages) will have trouble connecting to handsets.
I am on Vodafone network during the day and Airtel Wi-Fi Home network during evenings.

Interestingly, I access FB, GMail and T-BHP on the same Vodafone network and they work just fine. I get all the push notifications from FB (comments, likes, etc), GMail (new email alerts) and T-BHP (Subscribed threads, PMs').
Its just that WA doesn't seem to deliver messages on time.

Yesterday, my wife had sent some images in the morning, which weren't getting downloaded during the day. So I went home in the evening and tried downloading them using home wi-fi and they finally downloaded late in the night.

This has started happening since Tuesday, when I upgraded WA. Did any one else get notifications to upgrade WA ?

EDIT: One more query. Does anyone else using Galaxy Grand have this problem of the handset freezing with prolonged switching ON of Mobile Data ? I generally switch mobile data off and then on after every 2-3 hrs, else the handset hangs while using FB / GMail / T-BHP / WA.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 4th July 2013 at 11:52. Reason: EDIT Section
Old 4th July 2013, 12:08   #15687
BHPian

Quote:
This has started happening since Tuesday, when I upgraded WA. Did any one else get notifications to upgrade WA ?
Yes, I had one update saying "bug fixes". But no such issues. Have you tried re-installing whatsapp?
Old 4th July 2013, 12:12   #15688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I had one update saying "bug fixes". But no such issues. Have you tried re-installing whatsapp?
No, haven't done that.
Quick Q - If I un-install and re-install WA, hope my conversations, and most importantly, media are still safe.

But again, the latest version that is causing the problem is in Play Store. So, even if I re-install WA, it would be the same version that I have upgraded to, ain't it ?
Would be good, if I could get hold of the previous version that I was using.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:23   #15689
BHPian

Quote:
No, haven't done that.
Quick Q - If I un-install and re-install WA, hope my conversations, and most importantly, media are still safe.

But again, the latest version that is causing the problem is in Play Store. So, even if I re-install WA, it would be the same version that I have upgraded to, ain't it ?
Would be good, if I could get hold of the previous version that I was using.
WhatsApp will backup your conversations every day and will ask for restore once you reinstall it.
I don't think the issue is with the version itself, something might've gone wrong during the update process. In that case, a reinstall will solve the issue.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:31   #15690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WhatsApp will backup your conversations every day and will ask for restore once you reinstall it.
I don't think the issue is with the version itself, something might've gone wrong during the update process. In that case, a reinstall will solve the issue.
Noted. Thanks for the suggestion.
Will try the re-installation in the evening, using the home wi-fi to download from play store.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks