Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Samsung, Moto do not have this feature?
Kies AIR does the same on Samsung
Old 22nd June 2014, 11:30   #18362
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Would be really helpful if you could give a short review of the Honor 3c. Where are hardly any professional reviews online. Would you say that the plastic build a the deal breaker? Worse than the Samsung? How does it compare to the galaxy 3 (build and otherwise)?
Honor 3c cost me 14K flat . Mind you galaxy 3 is a very very old phone.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5800_galaxy_3-3395.php

Pros

1. Dual sim (if you find it useful)
2. Large 5 inch 720p screen
3. 2GB Ram ,8GB internal memory + expandable storage will give you plenty of storage no doubt.
4. Phone is pretty fast and responsive
5.Quite a good primary 8MP camera which offers good set of controls like ISO settings unlike the major contender moto g.
6. Large battery (physically too) 2300mAh and it is quite removable ,so for those of you who are skeptical about a sealed battery this is a very good phone to consider.
7.Somehow I felt the WiFi reception was better than my moto g . Due to space constraint I have kept the router in not so ideal place , honor 3c seems to get better signals , my moto G drops the signals sometimes.

Cons

1. Still running on Jelly bean . I did not find Kit Kat update yet.
2. Plasticky build feels a bit cheap , after all it is a budget phone. When it comes to build quality , moto g wins hands down.
3.Heats up pretty fast when using WiFi or 3g .

I would not say build quality is a deal breaker , I bought a nice silicon back cover and the phone feels pretty nice to hold.

Over all a good phone ,one can easily live with it without any show stopping hassles.
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:11   #18363
BHPian

I find quick text (called template in other phones) facility missing in the SMS app in Moto E. This i find useful in signing the SMS (Regards, my name OR OK, Thank you, my name etc.,) so that repetitive tasks can be eliminated . This is there even in Karbonn A12+.Is anybody else troubled with this absence in Moto E or is it hidden somewhere in SMS app menu? Pl help.
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:09   #18364
Senior - BHPian

Recently reviewed a friend's Moto E for my blog. It is excellent phone in all aspects except fixed focus camera with average image quality especially for indoor clicks. Otherwise it is exceptional phone.
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:40   #18365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Recently reviewed a friend's Moto E for my blog. It is excellent phone in all aspects except fixed focus camera with average image quality especially for indoor clicks. Otherwise it is exceptional phone.
Yep! Could have been a good option, if it had a decent rear camera with flash + front camera.
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:38   #18366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Honor 3c cost me 14K flat . Mind you galaxy 3 is a very very old phone...

...I would not say build quality is a deal breaker , I bought a nice silicon back cover and the phone feels pretty nice to hold.

Over all a good phone ,one can easily live with it without any show stopping hassles.
Thanks a heap for the review! Specs one can find easily online. Its the user review that matters.

Kitkat update for this phone is very unlikely, since it runs on Mediatek. In fact any update is unlikely. I guess there won't be any custom ROMs either. Thats the biggest con, by far. Quite a shame, since now many phones in the range either have official kitkat updates or come with Kitkat out of the box... even brands like Xolo. Price has also been dropping every few days. So still considering...

For those looking for a phone in this range (about 12k), Xolo q1200 has some amazing specs like very good build quality (metal), Kitkat out of the box, Gorilla glass 3, any many other latest features. Looks really good on paper (at least), at least. But there are hardly any reviews. Anybody here using this phone?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th June 2014 at 16:45. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it tends to inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thanks :)
Old 24th June 2014, 06:30   #18367
BHPian

Received update to KitKat 4.4.4 for my nexus 4. Nothing new in the user interface that I noticed. Probably just the security fixes as reported. I hope upgrade to 4.5 will be available soon and it's more than just Lollypop.
Old 24th June 2014, 10:06   #18368
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for last 1 year and a basic Nokia. I have 2 numbers and am fed up of carrying 2 phones so planning to change. My mother is using a MotoG for last 3 months and its been giving a flawless performance. So MotoG is one option. Second option is MotoE. So I want all MotoE users to help me out. My usage is calls + whats app + Facebook + Twitter and a few other apps that I constantly use like CamScanner etc.
Please help. Am not looking for Samsung as it comes with lots of bloatware or any other brand.
Old 24th June 2014, 10:45   #18369
BHPian

Moto E back in stock now at Flipkart.
Old 24th June 2014, 11:18   #18370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Second option is MotoE. So I want all MotoE users to help me out. My usage is calls + whats app + Facebook + Twitter and a few other apps that I constantly use like CamScanner etc.
Moto E has fixed focus camera and no flash. If you are NOT so much into camera, you can go for Moto E.
Old 24th June 2014, 12:39   #18371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Second option is MotoE. So I want all MotoE users to help me out. My usage is calls + whats app + Facebook + Twitter and a few other apps that I constantly use like CamScanner etc.
CamScanner will not give good results if phone camera does not have auto focus feature. IIRC, Moto E camera is fixed focus.

Rohan
Old 24th June 2014, 15:10   #18372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
CamScanner will not give good results if phone camera does not have auto focus feature. IIRC, Moto E camera is fixed focus.

Rohan
Seconded. Camscanner works really well with my Nexus 4 but in my dad's Moto E it doesn't give good results.
Old 24th June 2014, 16:20   #18373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Received update to KitKat 4.4.4 for my nexus 4. Nothing new in the user interface that I noticed. Probably just the security fixes as reported. I hope upgrade to 4.5 will be available soon and it's more than just Lollypop.
UI changes (4.4.3) are a new Dialer colour scheme, and contacts now having the coloured letter (like Gmail) if there's no profile pic for the person.

Nexus 4 on 4.4.3 - Anyone else face the problem of the dialpad on the dialer opening blank?

cya
R
Old 24th June 2014, 16:36   #18374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

UI changes (4.4.3) are a new Dialer colour scheme, and contacts now having the coloured letter (like Gmail) if there's no profile pic for the person.

Nexus 4 on 4.4.3 - Anyone else face the problem of the dialpad on the dialer opening blank?

cya
R
I am on 4.4 now with that 2.5mb security update done by Google yesterday. The issue I am facing with the blue dialer is when I click on a person in the contact list it goes blank for 5-10 seconds like it's hanged or something. But, when I use any other dialer call connectivity is seamless. So, the issue must be with this blue dialer and it's happening since the 4.3 update.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 24th June 2014, 16:42   #18375
BHPian

Having the same issue on my galaxy s3 running cm 11 4.4.4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks