Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2014, 12:15   #18346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Even i encounter same problem in My Grand quattro android system uses 60% - 70% battery. But my battery drainage is not huge it drains by 25% - 30% overnight

I am using Battery doctor app, not sure if this is helping in reducing drainage.
Guys, I was forced to change the battery on my Note I after approximately 15 months of (very heavy) usage. Even after 100% charging, it would be less than 20% within 6 hours; plus I could see visible swelling/puffing of the battery itself signifiying damage to the internal structure.

May simply be time to change batteries and/or phones ;-)
Old 19th June 2014, 09:26   #18347
BHPian

I have a problem with my PC. I tried to connect Nexus 4, it didn't install the software to recognise the phone. The same thing is happening with a Moto G. I have Windows XP SP3 with Kaspersky anti virus. If I change the settings to Camera mode rather than Media Storage mode, it recognizes but whats the use. I need to transfer files onto the MotoG.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:42   #18348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Finally ordered the Moto X after lots of research.
Waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully it lives up to expectations
Congratulations for the new phone.
Last month i upgraded from Galaxy S2 to the Moto X and the experience till date has been more than satisfactory. The clever optimisation bits make this phone stand out. (Active notifications, twist to roll the camera, touch less controls, moto assist etc) Believe me all these features are no gimmick and are very effective for day to day life usage. Mobile is blazing fast (as fast as any flagship thanks to the customised chip and stock android)
Battery backup is also pretty good.

Average camera and non expandable memory are the major drawbacks
Old 19th June 2014, 10:08   #18349
BHPian

I purchased Huawei Honor 3c for my father . He needed a phone with lot of juice, unlimited contact storage ,better camera etc. This was an impulsive purchase though. The phone overall is very good except for a very plasticky feel. My dad was using samsung galaxy 3.Now I need help with 2 things here .

1. Android app for yahoo does not seem to be working. I am unable to load my inbox. When I start the app , a message appears saying "initializing inbox" and does not load at all. What should I do to get the yahoo android app working ?

2. Which is the best app for taking contact backup everyday . I need to schedule it everyday. I used an app called easy backup but the schedule does not work.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 19th June 2014 at 10:13.
Old 19th June 2014, 10:10   #18350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
I too own a moto G and I have updated to 4.4.2.

So far I too haven't faced any issues.

However, I am seeing some reports saying that the WiFi signal keeps dropping and GPS takes forever to lock once we update to 4.4.3.

H@rsh@l, could you please confirm?
Is the 4.4.3 update available for Moto G? I still don't see it under system update.

One peculiar issue I face is a bit of delay while switching from 2G to 3G networks (Vodafone). Hopefully if its really an issue, it should be fixed in 4.4.3!

Also why I need to compulsorily enter some number if I want to save any sms in drafts? Ideally pressing the back button should automatically save it in drafts. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 19th June 2014 at 10:12.
Old 19th June 2014, 18:54   #18351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
I have a problem with my PC. I tried to connect Nexus 4, it didn't install the software to recognise the phone. The same thing is happening with a Moto G. I have Windows XP SP3 with Kaspersky anti virus. If I change the settings to Camera mode rather than Media Storage mode, it recognizes but whats the use. I need to transfer files onto the MotoG.
I use a hybrid pen drive to transfer files between my laptop and MotoG/ Samsung Note2/ Samsung Galaxy S2 (phones in my family). Its much easier than transferring data using a data cable.
Old 20th June 2014, 09:32   #18352
BHPian

The 4.4.4 update is out folks! The Nexus devices should be getting it soon.

Nothing to really get excited about, the changelog shows that this fixes some security bugs, and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Is the 4.4.3 update available for Moto G? I still don't see it under system update.

One peculiar issue I face is a bit of delay while switching from 2G to 3G networks (Vodafone). Hopefully if its really an issue, it should be fixed in 4.4.3!

Well, the update is out for the single SIM international variant. It will be available for the Indian variant very soon.

I face that issue too, and its common to quite a few phones out there. The 4.4.3 changelog didn't say anything about fixing network issues, but let's see.
Old 20th June 2014, 11:21   #18353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I use a hybrid pen drive to transfer files between my laptop and MotoG/ Samsung Note2/ Samsung Galaxy S2 (phones in my family). Its much easier than transferring data using a data cable.
LG G2 has a "wireless storage" mode, when it's activated, it shares all folders on WiFi (it shows the IP address and password that one should use to access the same from the explorer address bar on any windows laptop).

Samsung, Moto do not have this feature?
Old 20th June 2014, 11:40   #18354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
LG G2 has a "wireless storage" mode, when it's activated, it shares all folders on WiFi (it shows the IP address and password that one should use to access the same from the explorer address bar on any windows laptop).

Airdroid is the solution for all and does much more things.
Old 20th June 2014, 13:19   #18355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Almost all the major file manager apps on android have an FTP file sharing feature over WiFi.

So yeah, this feature can be seen on any android which has a file manager installed.

Or you can also use Airdroid.
Old 20th June 2014, 14:06   #18356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post

2. Which is the best app for taking contact backup everyday . I need to schedule it everyday. I used an app called easy backup but the schedule does not work.
Is the contact details really need backup? I thought contacts are stored along with google account which will be automatically copied to google server when connected to internet.
Old 20th June 2014, 14:15   #18357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Is the contact details really need backup? I thought contacts are stored along with google account which will be automatically copied to google server when connected to internet.
You are right , it is stored with the google account and it is synchd . In case I need to access it immediately , I need to have a copy on my SD card . This is for my dad , he often travels to remote places where internet and phone connectivity is quite poor. He has nearly 2.8k contacts on his phone and cannot afford to loose phone numbers.
Old 20th June 2014, 15:30   #18358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Yes, it is the MTP drivers that are needed. And no, they have never worked for my phone or other MTP devices either. I have always used Airdroid for the phones and a SD card reader for the mp3 player I have. And I have never been able to fix this problem either. It is so stubborn that umpteen driver installations, the Android ADB drivers, google drivers, satanic drivers - nothing worked. I've just learnt to accept it and move on...
Old 20th June 2014, 19:36   #18359
BANNED

Possibly the 4.4.3 (and rumoured 4.4.4) are more to block exploits used for rooting.
Old 21st June 2014, 18:06   #18360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I purchased Huawei Honor 3c for my father . He needed a phone with lot of juice, unlimited contact storage ,better camera etc. This was an impulsive purchase though. The phone overall is very good except for a very plasticky feel. My dad was using samsung galaxy 3.Now I need help with 2 things here .

1. Android app for yahoo does not seem to be working. I am unable to load my inbox. When I start the app , a message appears saying "initializing inbox" and does not load at all. What should I do to get the yahoo android app working ?

If you care to do it manually you can export to csv and you can even share it to a cloud storage like Mega or Box.

Would be really helpful if you could give a short review of the Honor 3c. Where are hardly any professional reviews online. Would you say that the plastic build a the deal breaker? Worse than the Samsung? How does it compare to the galaxy 3 (build and otherwise)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks