Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 23:15   #18601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I agree with Ajay. Neo's are stripped down versions of flagship devices. For me buying a Neo would be like comparing a fully loaded hatch vs base variant sedan both which are priced similar.

Now @ ₹23k Note II feels absolute VFM as compared to Note 3 Neo priced around ₹25k. Anyways its a never ending discussion which device is better. I guess I will hunt around and read around a bit more between Moto X & Note II before jumping.

Regards,
Old 22nd July 2014, 00:16   #18602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wait is over!

Attachment 1264290
Yes It is. For me too

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-mi3.jpg
Old 22nd July 2014, 02:46   #18603
Senior - BHPian

Is there an app that lets me measure signal strength of different mobile service providers? I am fed up of Airtel's crap network in my home but I'd rather not have to buy 5 SIM cards to ascertain the quality of the phone network, if I can avoid it.

Since I don't have a photo ID proof in chennai, buying every new SIM card is a bit of a project.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:09   #18604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Is there an app that lets me measure signal strength of different mobile service providers? I am fed up of Airtel's crap network in my home but I'd rather not have to buy 5 SIM cards to ascertain the quality of the phone network, if I can avoid it.

Since I don't have a photo ID proof in chennai, buying every new SIM card is a bit of a project.

Thanks in advance.
Let me know how this goes. I have searched earlier but could not find somethign that works. :(
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:22   #18605
BHPian

Flipkart unable to handle Mi3 booking traffic
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-10556227_10202435023420792_5379690186624166635_n.jpg
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:22   #18606
BHPian

Quote:
Is there an app that lets me measure signal strength of different mobile service providers?
Try this http://opensignal.com/
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:42   #18607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
That's nice. the mobile app didnt seem to indicate that I could compare as nicely. But its not good enough for my use. I can't zoom in the heat-maps down to my apartment complex level itself.

I need something better. Basically I don't care one hoot about Airtel's network having a network that's outright awesome everywhere if I don't get the signal in my house. Right?

I need something that tells me that at this location where I am standing here's the networks - airtel XX dBm, vodafone YY dBm etc etc. Which app can tell me that?
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:12   #18608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Oh yes. The wait is over. So,you shall have it with you tomorrow by end of the day. We do expect a small review from your side in the next few days.

Do keep this thread updated.

Regards,
Mean while you can refer to this review of Xiaomi Mi3

http://www.mobigyaan.com/xioami-mi-3...ness-incarnate

Note: I am not associated with the website posting the link for benefit of all the prospective members / buyers
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:38   #18609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Mean while you can refer to this review of Xiaomi Mi3

http://www.mobigyaan.com/xioami-mi-3...ness-incarnate

Note: I am not associated with the website posting the link for benefit of all the prospective members / buyers
sorry man. nothing with MG but most of these mobile sites do not report lag in most androids, or just make passing mentions. If you were to buy mobiles just based on commercial reviewers, you would end up with lemons.

I would trust BHPians to be more forthright than "paid" reviewers. Just like our official reviews are miles ahead of mag reviews and show up all the blemishes honestly.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:55   #18610
BHPian

Quote:
sorry man. nothing with MG but most of these mobile sites do not report lag in most androids, or just make passing mentions. If you were to buy mobiles just based on commercial reviewers, you would end up with lemons.

I would trust BHPians to be more forthright than "paid" reviewers. Just like our official reviews are miles ahead of mag reviews and show up all the blemishes honestly.
Don't be sorry man, i completely agree with you nothing like unbiased Bhpians review

I just came across this review so posted it, i guess by a weeks time there will be umpteen number of reviews like this and once a Bhpians review is available we can ascertain how much those online reviews differs.

This reviews lacks one basic thing like voice call quality, a basic thing that we buy phone for
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:31   #18611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Don't be sorry man, i completely agree with you nothing like unbiased Bhpians review

I just came across this review so posted it, i guess by a weeks time there will be umpteen number of reviews like this and once a Bhpians review is available we can ascertain how much those online reviews differs.

This reviews lacks one basic thing like voice call quality, a basic thing that we buy phone for
Completely agree. I have realized that Samsung S3 has quite average audio unless you use good Bluetooth headsets and their software is really laggy. But no one will write that in most reviews.
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:53   #18612
BHPian

Quote:
Completely agree. I have realized that Samsung S3 has quite average audio unless you use good Bluetooth headsets and their software is really laggy. But no one will write that in most reviews.
Samsung makes laggy Android with all those bloatwares, I have a 2 half years old Samsung Omnia W running on windows 7.8, zilch lag till date, it hanged twice that too while using what's app which was buggy in its initial stage for windows. The voice call quality on my Omnia W is very good if not better compared to my 10 Months old Grand quattro which has hanged N number of times and voice call quality is average.

I still love my omnia for 3.7 inches Amoled screen with 233 ppi and voice call quality which very much important for me.

Same manufacturer but when i compare both my handsets one is North pole and other South pole

Even i am looking for something good so that i can pass on my laggy android to my missus who keeps on complaining that my quattro is superior to her Ace
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:12   #18613
Senior - BHPian

BTW, a piece of art, though bloody expensive, has been launched in India called the LG G3.
The 2 gb ram model costs 48k and the 3 gb ram model costs 51k or something.
Old 22nd July 2014, 20:06   #18614
BHPian

Quote:
That's nice. the mobile app didnt seem to indicate that I could compare as nicely. But its not good enough for my use. I can't zoom in the heat-maps down to my apartment complex level itself.

I need something better. Basically I don't care one hoot about Airtel's network having a network that's outright awesome everywhere if I don't get the signal in my house. Right?

I need something that tells me that at this location where I am standing here's the networks - airtel XX dBm, vodafone YY dBm etc etc. Which app can tell me that?

I used 'Cellmapper' an andoid app that tells you about the signal strength.
Saying about Cellmapper, it ofcourse tells you only about the SIM inside, so I dont think with one single SIM in hand, you can get info abt the dbM levels of multiple providers as a report against your current location.

Background: I used this app, after I felt I had enough of this honeymoon with Airtel and shifted to Aircel, just for one single reason that Airtel signal "started" not reaching inside my house more than a bar or two. Also, the situation was, Airtel signal was previuosly good within my hall and other areas indoor, but just about 7-8 months back, it got deteriorated and made me run outside everytime a call was received. It is not that I didnt follow up complaining about this. I did it religiously for continuous 7-8 months, through Cust desk, E-mail, sms, appelate /nodal level, twitter etc. a person indeed came and ascertained with his machine that signal is low, still the Airtel idiots didnt do ANYTHING about resolving this.
Aircel signal is next to excellent inside my house now. I am happy. There are few roaming issues, since Aircel as such is not in KL where I visit once every few months, so whenever I am going from TN to KL, data roaming charges is a negative, but I can find alternatives for such short durations.

There is something that I heard of - opencell id. But apart from reporting your stats, I dont find if it provide with crowdsourced info too.. Any way I havent tried that app, due to lack of reviews/info on this aspect.
Old 23rd July 2014, 06:17   #18615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wait is over!
Our wait has now started. FK would have delivered as promised. Time for you to deliver - your first impressions!

Most important questions:
- Is the phone blazing fast? (I was underwhelmed in a recent experience but I realize it may be an individual piece).
- How is the call quality?
- How is the camera quality?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks