Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 16:46   #18586
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Updated my Moto G to 4.4.4. Very smooth. Took all of 15 min only.

Had no issues with WiFi on 4.4.2 and none on 4.4.4 too.
I will be updating my moto g shortly with this release . By any chance is the active notification included ? Like moto x ? I would love that have that feature on my moto g.
Old 19th July 2014, 17:53   #18587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I will be updating my moto g shortly with this release . By any chance is the active notification included ? Like moto x ? I would love that have that feature on my moto g.
The active notifications needs an LED screen to work, whereas the moto g has an LCD display.
Old 19th July 2014, 18:47   #18588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Just wanted some info. Does it make sense to buy a Samsung Note 2 now? Getting some serious deals on it and i have some friends who have been using it for over a yr and are extremely happy with it. SD, Fk etc are selling them around 23k.

I havent checked in store deals as yet. I am confused between Xaomi Mi3 @ 14k or Moto X at 23k or Note 2 @ 23k.

I have used Moto G and i know how awesome it is to have a pure google on your phone. But some reason Note 2 seems like an attractive deal. Can do a lot more with the S Pen i feel.

Thanks.

Regards,
I'm in a similar position although exactly opposite. I've been using Note 2 for last 1 year but am planning to switch over to MotoG. My reasons are mainly I have 2 numbers so I dont want to carry 2 phones. Another issue is the size, I had bought the phone on josh quotient but its sheer size is troubling me. Otherwise the phone is good. Will be disposing it next month to buy a MotoG. Also the battery holds good for about 13-14 hrs now as against about 24hrs it was giving when new.
Old 19th July 2014, 22:02   #18589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Just wanted some info. Does it make sense to buy a Samsung Note 2 now? Getting some serious deals on it and i have some friends who have been using it for over a yr and are extremely happy with it. SD, Fk etc are selling them around 23k.
Close your eyes and get it. I am using Note 2 since Jan 13 and I never felt even once to dispose it off, even with the flurry of new devices launched in last 1 year.

The specs still hold really solid against the competition. The screen is a beauty and I get at least 30 hours battery life. The S pen is pretty useful too. Go for it!
Old 19th July 2014, 23:02   #18590

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The active notifications needs an LED screen to work, whereas the moto g has an LCD display.
Also Moto X has X8 contextual computing processor which is responsible for Active display on it. Since Moto G lacks the contextual computing processor, it cannot possess active display. However, there is a pseudo active display for moto g which can be acquired using an app(I remember seeing it on a nexus of my friend).
Old 20th July 2014, 08:56   #18591
Senior - BHPian

Asus India Claims It Sold 40,000 ZenFone Smartphones in 4 Days

The Taiwanese major has claimed that it sold 40,000 units of the ZenFone series within 4 days of its debut in Indian market. Notably, the ZenFone smartphone series has been launched online exclusively with Flipkart, while the handsets are also available from the company's authorised physical retail stores. Unfortunately, the company has not revealed the individual sales breakup of all three handsets in the ZenFone series.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/shortlink.aspx?article=559707

-----
Shared via NDTV News Android App http://ndtv.com/apps
-----
Old 20th July 2014, 09:42   #18592
BHPian

Does anyone have priority pass for Xiaomi Mi3 and does not plan to buy it right away? Please PM me. I need one. Thanks in advance!
Old 20th July 2014, 10:25   #18593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
People are saying they have wifi drop issues with the new 4.4.4 update on Moto G.
On WIFI for last 2 days..not a single drop issue till now. WIFI working fine on 4.4.4 on Moto G.
Old 20th July 2014, 10:35   #18594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
On WIFI for last 2 days..not a single drop issue till now. WIFI working fine on 4.4.4 on Moto G.
After downloading the update anyone can guide me how to install it. I tried 2 times and each time the device reboots into the recovery mode and even I use the normal start up it does not install update.

The phone continues to restart 5-6 times into recovery mode after which it says update unsuccessful. Thus happened 2 times. It would be great if someone can help.
Old 20th July 2014, 15:45   #18595
BHPian

Just updated my Moto G to 4.4.4 as well. One useful feature I noticed was that the phone now automatically hides the second SIM icon if you're not using it.

Very nice, because that SIM not inserted icon was very annoying.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:26   #18596
BHPian

Wait is over!

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-untitled.png
Old 21st July 2014, 14:59   #18597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wait is over!

Attachment 1264290
Oh yes. The wait is over. So,you shall have it with you tomorrow by end of the day. We do expect a small review from your side in the next few days.

Do keep this thread updated.

Regards,
Old 21st July 2014, 19:22   #18598
BHPian

@akshay:
How are you able to view this screen?
I logged in and its still not there. Eagerly waiting for this phone.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:54   #18599
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Guys,

Regards,
When you are getting Note3 Neo for ~25K (India Bill and warranty), whats the point in buying note 2? have a quick comparison of both the devices on youtube and you'll know the difference

Mind blowing camera. Mind blowing speed. Reliability of samsung (i blindly go by samsungs as i or my friends have never had any issues till now) Have owned and used many androids and im yet to find a replacement for this.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:23   #18600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
When you are getting Note3 Neo for ~25K (India Bill and warranty), whats the point in buying note 2?

Mind blowing camera. Mind blowing speed.
Sir, the Neo series phones from Samsung are scaled down versions of the flagships. The only minor difference in Note 2 vs Note 3 Neo is the GPU (Mali 400 vs Mali T624), which 99% buyers won't know a damn thing about.

And the primary processor of Note 2 is a 1.7 Ghz while Note 3 Neo's primary processor 1.3 Ghz one (yes there is another 1.7 Gh dual core processor, but thats rarely used as per design).

Let me know if you find any mind boggling difference. Otherwise I wont buy your comments.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks