Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2014, 13:44   #20086
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hello folks. Yesterday faced a strange problem with my Mi3.

Battery level was at 4% so I kept it for charging. It was getting charged normally, no problem here; however, once it reached 30% I switched off the phone thinking that it would charge faster as I had to go out. When I switched off and the battery animation came up on the screen, all of a sudden it showed 50% as the current battery level (when it was on it showed 30% and on switching off showed 50%).

I dismissed it thinking it must be some problem with the theme I am using and assumed this 50% is the actual battery level. In an hour it reached 100% and I switched it on. To my surprise, now the battery level shown was 84%.

Anyone faced a similar problem? What is it, a common bug?

-Bhargav
Old 13th December 2014, 14:36   #20087
Distinguished - BHPian

Mrs G has been given a used Lumia 520, so, although she still has a via-me link to the android thread with respect to to Fonepad which she is still enjoying, she is out so far as phones are concerned.

It's ok: it puts a working phone in her hand to replace elderly and failing hardware of her old E71. And, maybe, one day she can explain Windows 8 to me ...not that I'm likely to want to know!
Old 13th December 2014, 17:28   #20088
BHPian

And so yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to receive this Amazong parcel.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image.jpg

#NeverSettle

More updates in the days to come...
Old 13th December 2014, 18:30   #20089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
And so yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to receive this Amazong parcel.

More updates in the days to come...
Congratulations Anil Sir on receiving the best 'flagship-killer' in the Indian market.

Good, Amazon doesn't deliver stones/thermocol/wood instead of the mobile phone like flipkart/snapdeal

-Bhargav
Old 13th December 2014, 20:37   #20090
BHPian

The Redmi 1S I ordered two days back was delivered today. Amazing phone for the price(with 10% discount for sbi card). But the phone was delivered without screen guard. Can some one please recommend a good screen guard and case. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2014, 23:04   #20091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
The Redmi 1S I ordered two days back was delivered today. Amazing phone for the price(with 10% discount for sbi card). But the phone was delivered without screen guard. Can some one please recommend a good screen guard and case. Thanks.
U got it for 5400! What a VFM. Screen-guard was free with the first batch of sales. I use an MI screen guard and MI back case (not replacement) and am happy with it, though it doesn't come cheap.

My only grouse; max Screen On Time = 5hrs and with 3g, it is much lower and heats up like hell.
Old 14th December 2014, 11:42   #20092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Congratulations Anil Sir on receiving the best 'flagship-killer' in the Indian market.

Good, Amazon doesn't deliver stones/thermocol/wood instead of the mobile phone like flipkart/snapdeal

-Bhargav
No soap bar or wood for me. Best option when you order within 30-40k from Flipkart/Snapdeal or the ilk is to opt for COD and open parcel while paying.

Having a ball with the OnePlus One. What a fantastic device, the levels of customisation I can do with Cyanogen is extraordinary! Looking for a screen guard inspite of Gorilla glass etc. I'd prefer double protection.
Old 14th December 2014, 13:11   #20093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post

Having a ball with the OnePlus One. What a fantastic device, the levels of customisation I can do with Cyanogen is extraordinary! Looking for a screen guard inspite of Gorilla glass etc. I'd prefer double protection.
I believe the screen is protruding out from the body so if the screen is kept flat on a table it will result in scratches. Do use a scratch guard as even gorilla glass is prone to faint scratches.
I am desperately searching for invites. If you have one to share I will be obliged.
Old 14th December 2014, 13:45   #20094
Team-BHP Support

Trying out HERE Maps for Android, and it works well. Does anyone know how to make the map-view 'persistent' without keeping the screen permanently on?

Let me explain: When navigating with G-Maps, I can turn the screen off and continue to use voice navigation, and turning the screen back on takes me right back to map-view, bypassing the screen-lock. With HERE, I need to unlock my screen in the same scenario every time I toggle the screen on/off (voice-nav continues to work though), which is an irritant esp. on longer drives where there are long stretches where map-view isn't really required and voice-nav is sufficient.

Any ideas how to get past this? Is it even possible?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th December 2014 at 13:46.
Old 14th December 2014, 20:55   #20095
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need an OPO invite. Anyone has one to spare?
Old 14th December 2014, 21:28   #20096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
U got it for 5400! What a VFM. Screen-guard was free with the first batch of sales. I use an MI screen guard and MI back case (not replacement) and am happy with it, though it doesn't come cheap.

My only grouse; max Screen On Time = 5hrs and with 3g, it is much lower and heats up like hell.
Hope you updated the latest MIUI software. MI says it solves heating issue to some extend .
Old 14th December 2014, 22:12   #20097
Distinguished - BHPian

Am facing a peculiar problem on my nexus 5 after updating to 5.0. Googled it but couldn't find a answer. Someone else though has described the problem I am faacing very well in this post:

Quote:
Android 5.0 has a new "feature": If a wifi network has no connection to the internet, it will remain connected to it but route traffic over mobile data instead. A small exclamation mark shows in the status bar over the wifi symbol.

Unfortunately, for some reason Android has decided that my home wifi does not have a good internet connection - which is not true, and is instead trying to send everything over mobile data.

With mobile data disabled, things work over wifi just fine, despite the exclamation mark - so it isn't a problem with the wifi not working, per se.

Is there any way to override this "smart" feature? The only way I have found to make things work at the moment is to disable mobile data while I am in my house - which is not a practical long-term solution.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:23   #20098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Am facing a peculiar problem on my nexus 5 after updating to 5.0. Googled it but couldn't find a answer. Someone else though has described the problem I am faacing very well in this post:
Does Nexus UI has any option to turn off smart network switch ?

This feature was introduced by Samsung in Android 4.XX but there was an option by which user can turn off the smart network switch manually.
Old 15th December 2014, 17:18   #20099
Senior - BHPian

has anyone tried / used these cases:
http://www.amazon.in/CUBIX-Ultra-Cry...803NBPSN4YFEJH
http://www.amazon.in/Nillkin-Frosted...us+one%22+case

anyone esp in chennai who has a case they like? I'd like to have a look at other cases. I want to be really sure of what i buy for the wife
Old 15th December 2014, 18:58   #20100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
has anyone tried / used these cases:
http://www.amazon.in/CUBIX-Ultra-Cry...803NBPSN4YFEJH
http://www.amazon.in/Nillkin-Frosted...us+one%22+case

anyone esp in chennai who has a case they like? I'd like to have a look at other cases. I want to be really sure of what i buy for the wife
Just check this also. Sold by Amazon fulfilled.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Q...d_i=1320006031

Last edited by vvrchandra : 15th December 2014 at 19:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks