Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2014, 03:03   #19576
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Did you get it from flipkart?

Reason I'm asking is because I see your location as Cochin, and they said they can't ship to my pin code which is Tripunithura (682038).

Yes, I did get it from Flipkart. They do ship to my location (Kalady - 683574), so they order was shipped without any issue.

You can try giving Thoppumpady PIN code(682005), I know that works.
Old 31st October 2014, 13:23   #19577
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Never knew of Android adverts. Just came across this one on YouTube.

@mods, pls delete if inappropriate.

Regards,
Old 31st October 2014, 13:29   #19578
Senior - BHPian

What is the best app for batter saving? I have a Moto G, use two SIM's and always on 3G network of BSNL and my phone doesn't last even 16 hours.
Old 31st October 2014, 13:57   #19579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
What is the best app for batter saving? I have a Moto G, use two SIM's and always on 3G network of BSNL and my phone doesn't last even 16 hours.
Many times little setting change will give you better results. Check if you can do the following
Settings ->
1) In Display, un-check Auto rotate. Unless you frequently watch video, this setting eats into battery by keeping sensor on all time.
2) Make Daydream to "Off" . This is used to keep clock and weather in lock screen. If you use calendar then do make it off.

3) Make Wifi, Bluetooth, NFC all off. Make it on if required.

4) Based on location see if you can hang on to specific radio. Meaning, if you are sure not to get 3G in office or home, you may be welserved with keeping "Settings-> Mobile Network settings -> Preffered Network Type" to either 3G or 2G.

5) Set display Brightness to "Auto"

6) Switch off Location when not in use.

7) Switch off vibration and tone in keyboard (unless you need it). Also in Language & Inputs, Select your keyboard settings , un-check voice input key (if you use google voice, then this should be checked).

8) Switch of Haptic Feedback.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:35   #19580
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am at a friends place in Australia and he has a Hisense TV which is based on Android. I am looking for a remote app to be installed on my Moto G which allows me to control the TV or atleast the Android apps / YouTube etc on the TV.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Old 31st October 2014, 16:30   #19581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi Guys,

I am at a friends place in Australia and he has a Hisense TV which is based on Android. I am looking for a remote app to be installed on my Moto G which allows me to control the TV or atleast the Android apps / YouTube etc on the TV.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
The Anymote app from Colortiger is able to control Hisense tVs too. But it is a paid app - around 480 Rs. But it is worth every penny and I have it on my Note 3 Neo. It can control Tvs, Av equipment, Acs, dslrs and almost any device which uses Ir remotes.
Old 31st October 2014, 16:55   #19582
BHPian

Bought the Redmi 1S just to see what the hype is all about.
Couple of questions regarding the MIUI.
Does the new MIUI 45 update fix the heating issue? Should I ditch the MIUI and flash it to CM11?
Old 31st October 2014, 18:32   #19583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Does the new MIUI 45 update fix the heating issue? Should I ditch the MIUI and flash it to CM11?
Just go ahead and flash CM or other AOSP based ROMs. MIUI 45 claims to have solved heating issue but can not personally vouch for it as I had switched over to PAC and Mokee Rom much before the update was offered! You will definitely love these ROMs.
Old 31st October 2014, 22:06   #19584
BHPian

Has anybody using any app to use keyboard on android phone to type and search on smart tv (samsung). To use tv remote which is new type and does not have numeric or alphabetical keys. To key in alphabets or number on screen to search on YouTube is pain.
Old 31st October 2014, 22:21   #19585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Has anybody using any app to use keyboard on android phone to type and search on smart tv (samsung). To use tv remote which is new type and does not have numeric or alphabetical keys. To key in alphabets or number on screen to search on YouTube is pain.
I use "Smart TV Remote" app (tab version). It is much more comfortable than using the TV remote.
Old 31st October 2014, 22:41   #19586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi Guys,

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Install XBMC on the TV. And then get any XBMC remote(lots available). I find XBMC a much better platform than native host software of most smart TVs
Old 31st October 2014, 23:57   #19587
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Don't know if this has been posted here before but i had bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 mobile and made the mistake of upgrading the OS to version 4.4.2. After same the phone is now having issues like crashes and restarts. I have tried clearing cache but it is to no avail.Only thing cache clearing did was reduce the no of times the phone restarts.

I would strongly suggest people not to update their Samsung Grand 2 to the kit kat version. I have read that a new version 4.4.4 is in the anvil which is to address the issues for the 4.4.2 bugs but don't know when the update will be out.
Old 1st November 2014, 01:34   #19588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post

A close friend who has the Redmi 1S had the problem of heating earlier, and used to complain alot about it. However, it is fine after the update.

In his words, it has come down to a great extent.

-Bhargav
Old 1st November 2014, 02:26   #19589

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys,

Don't know if this has been posted here before but i had bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 mobile and made the mistake of upgrading the OS to version 4.4.2. After same the phone is now having issues like crashes and restarts. I have tried clearing cache but it is to no avail.Only thing cache clearing did was reduce the no of times the phone restarts.

I would strongly suggest people not to update their Samsung Grand 2 to the kit kat version. I have read that a new version 4.4.4 is in the anvil which is to address the issues for the 4.4.2 bugs but don't know when the update will be out.
I use Samsung Galaxy grand 2 and have updated to 4.4.2. There is no issue with crashes or restart. Not even faced this once though I am a heavy user. Looks like this is issue with specific mobile. Suggest to get it checked at service centre. Any other users of Grand 2 here please comment.
Old 1st November 2014, 12:47   #19590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
The Xiaomi Mi power bank. Don't even consider anything else.
It's available in Flipkart for a mere 999/- rupees.
Link: http://goo.gl/OEosk6

Ordered it day before yesterday afternoon and got it delivered today before noon. That was fast. Initial impression - Impressed with the fit and finish, material quality and design of the product at this price and for the spec it offers. Thanks to you for the pointer!

Most Viewed