Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 18:34   #20326
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Quoting my own post.. BHPians please post your first hand experience on OPO.
It is very sleek and can be operated using single hand, infact it's the first thing that surprises most due to the screen size. It's not that wide but long. I was previously using Galaxy Note but that was so wide that it could not be used with a single hand. OPO can be operated with a single hand as long as you don't have a bulky case or flip cover on top of it.
Old 8th January 2015, 18:40   #20327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
It is very sleek and can be operated using single hand, infact it's the first thing that surprises most due to the screen size. It's not that wide but long. I was previously using Galaxy Note but that was so wide that it could not be used with a single hand. OPO can be operated with a single hand as long as you don't have a bulky case or flip cover on top of it.
Thank you

How about the battery life, screen quality/clarity and what does the Indian version comes with, is it Global CM 11 or Custom version for India. Can we later root and upgrade it to Cm 12 Lollipop ? Sorry for my noob questions.
Old 8th January 2015, 18:44   #20328
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you

How about the battery life, screen quality/clarity and what does the Indian version comes with, is it Global CM 11 or Custom version for India. Can we later root and upgrade it to Cm 12 Lollipop ? Sorry for my noob questions.
Battery life is fine, the best I got was 2 days with everything ON on a Lollipop ROM. Avg battery for me is 24 hours. It comes with CM 11S (Customized version of CM11 for OPO, same as the global one). You can root it and upgrade to Lollipop easily, loads of ROM's available. Huge developer support, one of the reasons I went for it.

Screen quality is fantastic too, native DPI is 480 i think.

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 8th January 2015 at 18:48.
Old 8th January 2015, 18:52   #20329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Battery life is fine, the best I got was 2 days with everything ON on a Lollipop ROM. Avg battery for me is 24 hours. It comes with CM 11S (Customized version of CM11 for OPO, same as the global one). You can root it and upgrade to Lollipop easily, loads of ROM's available. Huge developer support, one of the reasons I went for it.
Thanks again.

At Present (after court ruling) is Amazon selling the same global version here in India or is it something different.

If it's no different then do we have a fair chance to get OTA updates of next CM version when released ?

I had a Invite code when Amazon had reduced its price for 20K . My bad i didn't order at that time.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:04   #20330
BHPian

Quote:
At Present (after court ruling) is Amazon selling the same global version here in India or is it something different.
As far as I read on the forums, it's the same. But maybe someone who got it delivered recently can respond better.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:05   #20331
BANNED

The wife uses facebook on her Android tablet. She complains that the app doesn't show all the posts made by her friends. I checked and that seems true - Facebook on the desktop through browser shows far more. I tried toggling the Newsfeed setting to both "Most Recent" and "Top Stories". Sometimes one works better, sometimes the other.

I can understand facebook using some algorithm to filter because lots of people have 100s of friends and showing all posts may not be good. But my wife has a very small number of friends (around 10) - so she wants to see each and every post made by them on her feed.

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the non-official facebook apps. Does anyone of them show the full feed without filtering?
Old 8th January 2015, 19:16   #20332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
But my wife has a very small number of friends (around 10) - so she wants to see each and every post made by them on her feed.
She can add them to "Close Friends" list and she will be able to get every update from them.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:21   #20333
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again.

If it's no different then do we have a fair chance to get OTA updates of next CM version when released ?

I had a Invite code when Amazon had reduced its price for 20K . My bad i didn't order at that time.
Its the same version. Court had ruled in favour of OPO to exhaust their stock with existing version of CM11S.

Next court hearing is scheduled sometime this month.

20K offer from Amazon was a technical glitch from Amazon and OPO had honoured whoever booked at that price. The price is back to the original 21,999 now.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:25   #20334
Senior - BHPian

@carboy^^^ I think even on desktop browser, fb dont show every post by friend or even a page one has liked. I often search for a particular page and see it has been posting regularly and also i have subscribed for the same to appear on my wall feed. But sometimed it just doesnt happen. Same for some friends also. You wonder whether that particular friend is active on fb or not since not always there post appears on wallfeed while that particular person is posting feeling happy sleepy hungry etc statuses.

I have over 500+ people in my fb list so I have made various lists and categorized friends like different list for old school friends, college friends, even for fellow BHPians who are connected on facebook with me. And when I check posts via those lists, I do get all posts whatever other people make.

Try making similar list. Though I am not sure if that will help you as in your case there are already very few number of friends.

PS - Lately, I have detached myself from fb and focus back more on tbhp, xda and various other forums via tapatalk!

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th January 2015 at 19:27.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:47   #20335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Its the same version. Court had ruled in favour of OPO to exhaust their stock with existing version of CM11S.

Next court hearing is scheduled sometime this month.

20K offer from Amazon was a technical glitch from Amazon and OPO had honoured whoever booked at that price. The price is back to the original 21,999 now.
Thank you..

So this means we can get OTA updates since its global version.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:53   #20336
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you..

So this means we can get OTA updates since its global version.
Oh no. Thats the catch. We wont get updates since the phone is sold in India. Thats the agreement Cyongen had with Micromax.

However, you can visit their service centres and flash the updates or manually do it.
Old 8th January 2015, 20:26   #20337
BHPian

Just shared an Indian invite on this forum.

Also, have one global invite that I received today afternoon, valid for 24 hrs. If anyone want it, can share the same too. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 8th January 2015 at 20:30.
Old 8th January 2015, 20:30   #20338
BHPian

Quote:

So the ones we are getting now has the same ROM as the international version?

Quote:

Oh no. Thats the catch. We wont get updates since the phone is sold in India. Thats the agreement Cyongen had with Micromax.
But then how does the phone or the update server differentiate between the one sold in India and abroad if the ROM is the same?

Quote:
However, you can visit their service centres and flash the updates or manually do it.

Where did you get this news from? You sure? If the service center would flash, again that becomes a violation right?

Last edited by civic-sense : 8th January 2015 at 20:34.
Old 9th January 2015, 09:37   #20339
BANNED

Interesting article on ZDNet re Lollipop

http://www.zdnet.com/article/android...tag=TRE17cfd61
Old 9th January 2015, 09:44   #20340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends,

Are there any updates on Micromax Yureka and Xiaomi Redmi 1S sales on Jan 13.
Seems like both are for flash sale on same day & time.
Hope whoever got subscriptions to get the phone ordered. Still no count down as yet.
Any information as to how many would be in stock for flash sale on amazon.in.
Yeah I am waiting for word on this too. Am interested in the Yureka - specs seems very decent for that price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks