Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2021, 15:32   #30916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I am looking to buy Android Phone with a budget of Rs.15000-20000/- with following requirements in that particular order-
1. Camera.
2. Performance (but not at cost of heating issues)
3. Good Network Reception
4. Reliability and Longevity.
5. Confused between IPS LCD and AMOLED Display.
6. I don't play any game on the phone.

I don't want to cross Rs.20000/- figure.

I like to keep the phones as long as possible. I am still using Lenovo K6 Power bought in May 2017 (Replaced the battery in Oct. 2020).

I will be using BSNL Sim in the new phone and Jio Sim in the above Lenovo.

Also please clarify whether AMOLED Display lasts long or IPS LCD. I have read that AMOLED Display faces Dead Pixel issues. How true is it?

Please suggest a phone that fits my above requirements.
Thank you in advance.

On a side note, I have gone through last 10 pages of this thread but could not decide which one to go for.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2021 at 17:24. Reason: As requested
Old 4th September 2021, 16:59   #30917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Also please clarify whether AMOLED Display lasts long or IPS LCD. I have read that AMOLED Display faces Dead Pixel issues.
I wouldn't know about the pixel issues BUT many have these issue of recurring headaches with OLED display in iPhone 12 and AMOLED displays of Samsung. Consider this before you decide between displays.
Old 4th September 2021, 18:13   #30918
BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, I have gone through last 10 pages of this thread but could not decide which one to go for.
You must have come across suggestions like Samsung F62 and A32 which fits your requirement and budget.

Purely from a performance point of view go for the Samsung F62. It has some good features, lasting hardware and their flagship processor at an affordable price.

Also, you can check out the new Moto Edge Series. People who have shifted from Moto to other brands miss the handy gestures for features we use more frequently.
I sometimes shake my Samsung F62 when i need the torch light to come on
Old 5th September 2021, 08:02   #30919
BANNED

Oneplus dash and wrap chargers are out of stock in official store, i need to buy one any alternatives?
Old 5th September 2021, 11:04   #30920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Oneplus dash and wrap chargers are out of stock in official store, i need to buy one any alternatives?
You can try searching for the Realme/OPPO 30W VOOC charger as it is basically the same brick with different branding.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 13:43   #30921

Quote:
I am looking to buy Android Phone with a budget of Rs.15000-20000/- with following requirements in that particular order-
1. Camera.
2. Performance (but not at cost of heating issues)
3. Good Network Reception
4. Reliability and Longevity.
5. Confused between IPS LCD and AMOLED Display.
6. I don't play any game on the phone.
The fact is you won't get all these at a budget of 20k
If you consider the Xiaomi brand,
You can either get Poco X3 Pro with Snapdragon 860 and normal camera or Redmi Note 10 Pro with Snapdragon 732g and good camera.
Most of the time you won't find a difference in camera quality for phones under 20k. You may find one better if you do a side-by-side comparison.
Performance is not an issue since you are not planning to do gaming.

Majority of the smartphones these days have no reliability or longevity issues. People usually change smartphones due to reasons like broken screen, slow processor etc.

If you are used to LCD display, you won't have a problem. AMOLED is just better.

1.I think Realme X7 Max will give you a great experience if you can extend till 24k. Due to flagship processor, you could use it for couple of years. It also supports 5G.

2.Motorola Edge 20 fusion is also great for 21.5k. This is a 5G phone with enough 5G bands too. Stock android will be great.

3.Redmi Note 10 Pro is also a good midrange smartphone.
The21st is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 23:39   #30922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I wouldn't know about the pixel issues BUT many have these issue of recurring headaches with OLED display in iPhone 12 and AMOLED displays of Samsung. Consider this before you decide between displays.
I had read about this in this or mobile phone thread. But did not do deep research on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Purely from a performance point of view go for the Samsung F62. It has some good features, lasting hardware and their flagship processor at an affordable price.

Also, you can check out the new Moto Edge Series. People who have shifted from Moto to other brands miss the handy gestures for features we use more frequently.
Which one is better Samsung F62 or Motorola G Series (Edge Series is New and hence expensive) with respect to Camera Quality and overall performance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The21st View Post
The fact is you won't get all these at a budget of 20k
If you consider the Xiaomi brand,
You can either get Poco X3 Pro with Snapdragon 860 and normal camera or Redmi Note 10 Pro with Snapdragon 732g and good camera.
Most of the time you won't find a difference in camera quality for phones under 20k. You may find one better if you do a side-by-side comparison.
1.I think Realme X7 Max will give you a great experience if you can extend till 24k. Due to flagship processor, you could use it for couple of years. It also supports 5G.

2.Motorola Edge 20 fusion is also great for 21.5k. This is a 5G phone with enough 5G bands too. Stock android will be great.

3.Redmi Note 10 Pro is also a good midrange smartphone.
I was in dilemma whether to go Moto G40 or Moto G30 or other Brand altogether.
Also was not keen on 5G featured Phone as Future (launch date, Bands Availability) of 5G is unknown. Though having 5G would be added advantage.

To all,
What is the difference between A, F, M series of Samsung?

Is it really worth going for Samsung F62 over Moto G40 Fusion?
Also if Moto Edge 20 Fusion us really worth, then I would have to wait for 6 months so that discounts would start pouring.
Old 6th September 2021, 02:32   #30923

Samsung M series are targeting the value for money smartphones by Xiaomi and Realme. Samsung M51 was a good smartphone with Snapdragon chipset(a rare combination since even their flagships come with Exynos chipsets)
Samsung F series are targeting the same but available mainly in Flipkart. M series are available in Amazon.
Samsung A series are premium midrange smartphones. These models are milking the brand value of Samsung. Compared to M series, these models are overpriced. You would get a premium mid range A series smartphone at a price where other manufacturers provide flagship killers.

Samsung F62 is having a flagship Exynos chipset. It is better than other Exynos chipsets but still you won't get the premium experience provided by flagship Snapdragon chipsets. But for the price F62 is a good option.

Moto Edge 20 Fusion is having an Amoled display compared to IPS LCD display of Moto G40 and G60 smartphones. Choose the one that fits your budget.

I would suggest you to wait for Big Billion Days(If you can) since there will be great offers and you won't regret later.
Old 6th September 2021, 07:58   #30924
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, my 3+ year old Samsung S9 is now showing signs of aging. What is the best Android phone on the market? Requirements:

- Fast performance
- Good camera
- Good looks
- Would prefer to avoid the XL-sized phones
- If something really kickass is on the horizon, I am fine waiting for its launch
- No budget cap

Thanks
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 08:11   #30925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, my 3+ year old Samsung S9 is now showing signs of aging. What is the best Android phone on the market? Requirements:

- Fast performance
- Good camera
- Good looks
- If something really kickass is on the horizon, I am fine waiting for its launch
- No budget cap

Thanks
There’s been a lull in android market of late. No mind-blowing phone to really talk about.

As you mentioned you can wait, then pixel 6 will be worth it. Size-wise they get it right. You’d get the best camera along with a what all reviewers are calling, a hella-swella chip. And it looks a stunner to me.

Last edited by creative420 : 6th September 2021 at 08:13. Reason: Additional mention
creative420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 08:44   #30926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- Fast performance
- Good camera
- Good looks
- No budget cap

Thanks
I got myself the S21 Ultra recently. It ticks all the boxes, and in spite of being 6.8in screen device, does not feel too big to carry around. I don't think Samsung India has any significant flagship competition around it, even One Plus 9 series cameras aren't close, Hasselblad partnership notwithstanding.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 6th September 2021 at 08:46.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 10:30   #30927
BHPian

Quote:

- Fast performance
- Good camera
- Good looks
- No budget cap

Thanks
Wait for the iPhone 13 launch. Everybody is expecting something awesome.

There are no compact Androids worth buying. Even the S21 is a downgrade. Asus Zenfone 8 is good but looks like a Maruti Dzire. The new Pixels may not be launched in India.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 10:30   #30928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

- Fast performance
- Good camera
- Good looks
- No budget cap

Thanks
Sadly what you are looking for simply doesn't exist. The only phone worth waiting for is the Pixel 6 provided they won't have an XL version that is compromised.

Right now you are back to your usual Samsung S21 5G: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...1_5g-10626.php

Android and best no longer go together. The iPhone is so dominating that Android makers have pretty much ditched flagship high end phones.

Samsung is only one still trying but now relooking. Wait for November when the new Pixel 6 is announced. However very high chances Google won't offer them officially in India given the lower demand.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 11:00   #30929
Team-BHP Support

For your requirement, I don’t see another Samsung that will fit in, especially with the size. The Pixel 6 looks like a promising option, but while Google phones are excellent on functionality (I still have my Pixel 2 XL lying around as a backup phone), but lacks on the style quotient. Maybe its time to switch to iOS when the iPhone 13 mini (or 12s, whatever they Apple choose to name) when it comes out later this month / October. You will love the form-factor, and go minimal with a classy thin case from Bare.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 11:02   #30930
BHPian

While Samsung AMOLED screens are unbeatable, the problem with newer Samsung phones is the mind boggling amount of bloatware and redundant playstores. Many apps can be uninstalled, but a lot many cannot be. A software update sometimes re-installs some of this junk again, in case you removed it.

I would say, go for it only if you're are ok with this, or are comfortable with rooting it and removing all the junk once and for all.

Last edited by PearlJam : 6th September 2021 at 11:07.
PearlJam is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks