Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:44   #526
Senior - BHPian

I have heard Loop has big network issues. This is the first time I heard some one say BPL's network connectivity is better. And the BIS plan is 999/-
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:54   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think its time to get that curve you've always wanted
Have you used one ? Somehow I find the Pearl as part of my personality and kind of clothes I wear ! It can slip into any tiny pocket and its so light ! I dont think I will prefer any bigger (broader QWERTY key type) BB handset as of now. I know how it would feel since I was carrying a Nokia E62 for an year !

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I am on Airtel now but there is a HUGE network problem with Airtel and Vodafone that I am facing. Idea's network so far seems to be better that these 2 - that's why I asked.
HUGE network problem is mainly for Airtel in Bangalore and few other places. I have moved from airtel to vodafone due to this situation which lasted the whole of december and January. My wife still continues with airtel and has call drops, call failure, network unavailable and many such issues even now (we stay 100 meters from the EDGE enabled tower !!). Vodafone I never missed a call, nor any calls failed during call.

Airtel also has some major issue in the billing department. My wifee has not received 3 months bill as many of her collegues too face the same issue. I have surrendered my airtel connection on 15th January, and I still receive monthly bills from them , but who cares, I am not going to pay anything after 15th Jan.

I find lot of hoardings and displays of AIRCEL in Bangalore, anyone has used this network ? Please comment on their service if someone can. The network issue is mostly with largest providers, since their network gets jammed with the overflow of calls and data.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:08   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Its a iminant downfall of the trackball. Try and rotate it with a wet thumb it'll get sorted out. If it still doesnt pop it out of the socket by removing the chrome bezel and carefully scrape off the dirt from the rubber rollers and put the thing back in.
The trackball started working normally from the next morning onwards. It is working perfectly fine now.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:42   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
The trackball started working normally from the next morning onwards. It is working perfectly fine now.
Remember the times before the laser mouse came, when we had to open it up and clean it? Same thing with this. Nice to see its working properly now.
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:56   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I have heard Loop has big network issues. This is the first time I heard some one say BPL's network connectivity is better. And the BIS plan is 999/-
Vodafone offers Full Unlimited BIS plan at 899 for corporate users.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:52   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Correction for anyone.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:37   #532
Team-BHP Support

Today planning to play with BlackBerry Bold - Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Bold Smartphone

Looks **** i like the leather back cover and all, time to plonk in battery and charge her up before the test drive
Old 24th March 2009, 11:27   #533
Senior - BHPian

What??? you changed from iPhone to BB BOLD??? Or using both?
Old 24th March 2009, 11:43   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Quote:
Correction for anyone.
Correction both. Even Airtel is offerring a similar BIS package of Rs.899 for anyone
Old 24th March 2009, 13:37   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Looks **** i like the leather back cover and all, time to plonk in battery and charge her up before the test drive
Wow, given the i-phone to the watchman ? Or looking for an exchange ? I think its now BB raining time !! Comments on your "BOLD" experience awaited soon !
Old 24th March 2009, 14:59   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need some help here. I am in midst of taking a plunge to becoming a first-time BB user and some of the famous mobile stores stock only 8310 Curve, Storm and BB Bold.

Needless to say, i was completely bowled over by BOLD even if it's way beyond my budget.

At the stores with warranty, it is coming for Rs.34,500 and i came across the same phone ( unlocked, brand new, with 1 month replacement warranty) on ebay for Rs.27,500.

Is it ok to buy from ebay? I have bought a few electronics equipment from ebay in the past and i always had a good experience.

Let your opinions come my way
Old 24th March 2009, 15:11   #537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
What??? you changed from iPhone to BB BOLD??? Or using both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Wow, given the i-phone to the watchman ? Or looking for an exchange ? I think its now BB raining time !! Comments on your "BOLD" experience awaited soon !
Boys calm down, i said am gonna test drive, rather rip it!

That means i will first make the device work without a BB connection and then throw it back to the poor sod who coughed up money to buy it. Maybe they are enlightened, when these guys saw the 88 series running email sans push, they suddenly feel BB connection is overated and now wants to go logicmail way. Personal cost cutting in recession times!!!

There is more to this story which i dont think i should discuss in open forum

ps: Credit goes to open source developers who bring 3rd party apps that give most of the freedom without expensive BB plans.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:30   #538
Senior - BHPian

Oh that sounds very fishy and extremely full of suspense !! How do I get a back-door access to your testing area ? Hope whatever you achieve on a Bold works on a Pearl too ! Fingers crossed !!!
Old 24th March 2009, 15:40   #539
Team-BHP Support

Hey its available out there, google for logicamail (here it goes LogicMail for BlackBerry) and you can download it straight from net. You can then use BB desktop manager to install it (you might want to keep the comp offline while updating so that desktop manager detects the app). Or update it OTA.

It aint Push and just plain old IMAP and POP with Pull technology. Opera as you know for browsing. Messengers apps also based on once choice. You have a BB device san BB services.

That reminds me let me go pick the handset, it was set for charging
Old 24th March 2009, 16:49   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Bump,Bump! Can someone answer my queries in post#535?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks